It's another space movie where people die in space

>It's another space movie where people die in space

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_11
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If the movie occurs in a setting and people exist in that setting, there's a chdieance they can cease to exist there, user.

Do you understand the concept of death, or should we use the flashcards?

Living is space is kind of difficult

>its another space movie
>its another movie where things go wrong
>its another space movie made as a thriller
>its another space movie with killer aliens
>its another space movie where someone goes insane and proceeds to kill everyone
>its never a space movie where things are ok

Love, user. Love.

What movie do people watch where things are ok? Without conflict, struggle, and risk there is no plot.

Do you want a romance movie in space?

>Do you want a romance movie in space?

Why the fuck not? Or even a comedy.

That would be fun, user.

But everything wasn't ok there. Wasn't the entire universe in danger or something?

Even in comedies there usually is risk, except for Mystery Science Theater, and in that case the movies they watch facilitate the plot.

hey as long as i have access to an axe i'll be okay

Why is science fiction always fucking spooky though? Its either gritty, aliens, psychotic breakdowns, dangerous or all the above.

Apollo 13 is one of my favorite movies, but the reality was that those people were absolute professionals who didn't lose their cool. It's chilling just how calm they projected themselves to be throughout the ordeal. Ron Howard added the bickering and the flight director losing his temper for effect, but that never happened.

I'd love to see a fucking comedy in space, that isn't an action film, in the vein of Hitchhikers Guide or something (NEW).

Space is literally the most dangerous place for humanity. If they are not going to show the dangers of space, they might as well have the whole thing on earth.

HHGttG is unique because if the writing kept it zany enough to be interesting.

It's extremely dangerous but practically nobody has ever died in space even at our technological level.

Because the general population doesn't go there, only those with massive fiscal and logistic support. Once you have regular slobs taking leisure trips around the void, that's going to change.

yes, but in most space films it's always a team of scientists or some other trained group who is well aware of their responsibilities and the dangers of space. Shit always goes wrong anyway and people die horrible deaths.

>It's extremely dangerous but practically nobody has ever died in space even at our technological level.
Tell that to Vladimir Komarov.

He didn't technically die "in space" kek

>in space

Soyuz 11 never forget
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_11

yeah, I forgot to mention it. It's the only case where the deaths happened high enough to be considered "in space"

>have setting set in space

>show possible dangers of being in space

No, I just watched passengers, I'm fine for now.

But, like, aren't we all always in space, man?

>show characters in conflict with danger

>Show characters die as a result of conflict