Kurt Cobain was a poseur fraud and youre a dumb normalfag if you think otherwise

Kurt Cobain was a poseur fraud and youre a dumb normalfag if you think otherwise.

Attached: gettyimages-85238140.jpg (3688x2455, 843K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1rhotCKLwcQ?t=3m34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*Sid Vicious

He was a good shot tho...

he was injecting vitamins rather than heroin

>if you do drugs you're real!

Normalfags, everybody.

Attached: DR7IZVoV4AAK636.jpg (645x729, 28K)

I mean, he admitted it himself.
youtu.be/1rhotCKLwcQ?t=3m34s

timestamp?

>3m34s
It doesn't work in embedded players.

why do you believe this? Im just curious ive always pondered this about many musicians but i wonder what your reasons are

all he said was that he has no desire for musicianship?

I'm not OP.

>all he said was that he has no desire for musicianship?
Not just that.
>I have no desire to become any better of a guitar player. I'm not into musicianship at all. I don't have any respect for it, I just hate it. You know, to learn how to read music or to understand arpeggios and dorian modes and all that stuff is a waste of time. It gets in the way of originality.
There is no way anyone interested in music in any capacity can respect any of these statements. And really, this has only worked for Brian Eno and Throbbing Gristle.

Maybe it shows he didnt care for some certain types of music, but i dont believe it shows insincerity to his own music. The 'it gets in the way of originality' while maybe not being true, shows that he cares and believes in something.

>Maybe it shows he didnt care for some certain types of music, but i dont believe it shows insincerity to his own music
Insincerity? I would say prententiousness. Remember punk "revolution" in the late 70's and grunge in the mid 80's? Both genres featured musicians who thought very highly of themselves, as saviors of music, while doing hardly anything original or experimental.

he's just playing games. he shredded dorian all over bleach. he knew what he was doing on guitar whether or not it still excited him.

That statement sounded very defensive and convincing.

owh, i thought the argument here was about being insincere. I do see cobain as being somewhat pretentious

THIS

MARK LANEGAN IS THE TRUE SOUL OF GRUNGE

AND HE WASN'T EVEN GRUNGE!

PATRICIAN!

MUSICFAGS BTFO!

he was very insistent on downplaying how calculated anything he did was and generally yanking people's chains
some of his guitar playing seriously indicates some disciplined practice and workman knowledge of theory. there's a lot of stuff in journals working out chords and keys. kurt knew what he was up to.

and to add, it should be pretty clear just from hearing his best songs and their melodies that he was way more serious about music than his bullshit muh punk integrity i don't know shit about music these hit songs are accidents please believe me interview persona.

do you guys think he practised singing? singing scales? Perfecting his vocal tone and distortion?

no, actually i think they tried to get him a vocal coach or something for nevermind and he came back to the band, made fun of the vocal excercises and never did them again

This. I didn't know about the journal pages but dude claimed he didn't know what a minor chord was. Totally full of shit.

Yeah ive heard that same story, i think dave told it an a recent interview. I still find it hard to believe he didnt practice vocals though. how could someone naturally have that screechy tone

really you only need to listen to the solo on the album version of "school" to realize he's the real thing
i can only imagine he played every day for years while constantly telling himself he's shit, woke up one day able to do THAT yet still couldn't stop beating himself

cigs, booze, drugs, and pain
in addition to doing it all the time while consciously improving

Kurt Cobain? More like “Ahhh my brain!”

I'll be in the same room as Novoselic tonight, what should I ask him or tell him Sup Forums?

Interesting insights, although his style of music isn't really for me.

>bashes guitar soloing
>bashes masculinity
>bashes wh*te males

Not my guy

t. soyboy

>I have no desire to become any better of a guitar player. I'm not into musicianship at all. I don't have any respect for it

Attached: IyLXiYJ.jpg (600x547, 36K)

Nope.

Attached: shitpost.jpg (1080x960, 357K)

Poseur? Yeah. Fraud? Nah. He liked to do that thing where you pretend it was effortless, when in reality he fucking loved music and devoted himself to it, because that gave him sick cred.

Who even wrote that?

trust me, even just being on Sup Forums in the first place, if you grew up in aberdeen when and how he did then you would hate the tribal drunken retarded macho cunts like you hate the nu males and feminists in today's climate. both of them want to force boys to act their way and you would probably just hate whoever pushes you harder

Does it matter?

guy didn't even play his power chords correctly it's more likely he figured out how to do that solo by just experimenting with random shit and playing by ear

no but seriously if he didn't even both to get his power chords right i highly doubt he was that technically skilled

still a great songwriter though

Oh yeah, but then again, most popular musicians are. That's partially the reason why he killed himself. He put on the opinionated hipster, anti-commercial image, but when he became super popular, it undermined everything he was attempting to achieve in terms of image. Not to mention "Come As You Are" having the same riff as the Killing Joke song "Eighties". Couldn't handle the truth, got depressed, underestimated the burden of "success" and offed himself. If you read his Journals (which if he came back he would've killed himself again over) he shows a lot of the self-esteem problems he had.