So WTF is Parisses Squares actually like?

So WTF is Parisses Squares actually like?

They pretend its the most dangerous game in the universe but I dont remember a single time they actually show it on screen.

I imagine its like 4 squares in space

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N22YyheMW-c
startreklist.blogspot.com/
thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=OjNKyoRudOQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's got nothing on Racquetball

What about the Ultimate Evolution in martial arts

AHM BOW JITT SUE

qtip space fight is literally the most patrician way to settle familial disputes

Serious question: Why don't they simply live in holodeck?

It malfunctions 4 times a day and kills someone ?

For all that holodeck pussy that comes in any variety the imagination can fathom, it's worth the risk desu M Night Famalam.

On another related serious question how do you go from pic related to this...youtube.com/watch?v=N22YyheMW-c ?

Does the holodeck somehow expand the inside space so everyone can space out so far away from each other in there for a game of baseball??

it's magic I aint gotta explain shit

it turns the ground under you into a seamless treadmill that tracks your movement so you think you are running/walking

and it adjusts the perspective of people so you think they are farther away

Yes its retarded but its the explanation they give

The ground beneath your feet works like a treadmill. You think you're running 50 meters away from your friend, but you're actually just 1 meter away. Then the holodeck throws up a false image so your friend looks like they're 50 meters away, it it distorts the audio so they sound like they're 50 meters away. But beneath all the tricks, it's still just a meter.

For extra-large parties, you can sync up multiple holodecks to run the same instance simultaneously, and then you can fit all the people you want.

>those smaller neon banners

24th Century Humans seek to better themselves and couldn't do that if they became NEETs.

I liked TNGs holodecks a lot more than the carpeted green shit in DS9 and the weird pipe holodecks in Voyager

The yellow grid just had a charm to it

The carpets are for absorption.

wait is this actually true? Then why are holo decks pretty large rooms? By that logic you'd only need like 10 m2 rooms.

In TNG Season 1 Data even shows the boundary of the holo deck during a simulation.

Early TNG was still working out the concepts. That's why Data can speak with contractions and crewmembers walk around in skants.

Voyagers are big as well , not as big as the Enterprises, but I guess Holosuites are not as luxurious as Holodecks?

Like going to a cinema vs watching a TV I guess

gonna need an ass shot in that suit

The larger the holodeck, the more people you can fit. The smaller the holosuite, the fewer people you can fit. It just werks.

Voyager holodecks were also newer so they likely didn't need to be as big.

They are not a Tardis.

>Serious question: Why don't they simply live in holodeck?

How do you know they don't?

every single TNG holo deck is pretty large, yet you rarely see them being used by 4+ people.

you never see a small (single) holo deck although 90% of the time only a single person uses the holo deck.

Enterprise showed a ship like the Tardis, bigger on the inside.

If they could make it so the holodecks stop killing people

A ship that is nothing but holodecks ( + real weapons and engine room ) would be smart.

Doing a medical mission? turn 3 decks into sick bays. Cargo mission? make the entire ship a cargo bay. Transport mission? Replace every room with living quarters.

D apparently had 16 holodecks and voyager 2.

holo decks use a lot of energy so that would probably never be reasonable.

If I remember correctly then even at the Enterprise they had some "credit" system for their usage, so holo decks wouldn't be used 100% of the time. Shit still needs to be done after all.

Actually Holodecks supposedly use very little power and use their own power supply independent from the rest of the ship.

Its why VOY could run holodecks 24/7 when they were low on resources

>A ship that is nothing but holodecks
They had that in voyager. Those big dudes that hunted borg and species 8472 for fun. They were like gem hadar with less personality. The ones janeway gave holodeck technology that ran amok and started the holodeck uprising.
They also establish that the only reason holodeck programs become sentient is because you don't put them in sleep mode when you leave.

>things in voyager making sense or adhering to any cohesive logic

"Give 'em Tron outfits, it'll be cool urrbbbppffff sorry I just drooled on my high tops."

OFFICIAL STAR TREK VIEWING GUIDE:

Every single episode and movie in the order it was aired: startreklist.blogspot.com/

>watching TOS in the wrong order
>McCoy randomly appears and disappears
Fuck off, please.

>JOH ORO OH-SHEKU ONNE GAEE SHE MASS
what did they mean by this?

what the fuck are you talking about idiot

You don't have to watch the original pilot

I personally recommend chronological order.

>watching enterprise first
>not knowing what the everloving fuck is going on
Yeah that's a great idea for a first time viewer

thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/

First off Enterprise was designed for new viewers. First episode says what is a klingon. Also no person born after 1990 is going to want to watch TOS first.

This is basically the exact same as the airdate list with some insane autism tweaks in the TNG/DS9/VOY crossover period and just slapping ENT in the beginning minus the finale.

This list is stupid.

I have seen TNG/DS9/VOY

Not seen TOS , ENT or most of the movies

I tried to watch TOS but didnt age too well, ENT is supposed to be the worst thing in Trek and dont care about TOS movies, Saw First Contact and the one with the people who dont age being attacked or whatever.

Dont care to watch the other TNG movies.

Your right, I personally would put the time travel episodes first in order of chronology. So first contact before enterprise, etc.

No. NO GOD NO THIS IS SO FUCKING RETARDED.

Yep, just have a casual viewer who knows jack shit about Star Trek watch First Contact, yeah that's fucking genius FUCK YOU.

People are nostalgic for TNG. I personally would rather watch ENT.

No, that isn't the first thing they should watch. I think that Voyager episode that shows the big bang should be first with Q, then move on to All Good Things that showed how life formed. Then the preservers who seeded life, etc.

>I tried to watch TOS but didnt age too well,

It's super comfy. Embrace the silliness of it and accept it for what it is.

You can't be serious. This is a joke right

True chronology is the only way user. Really we need to cut the episodes up to display them in full chronology. It was done with L O S T.

>Not playing Star Trek alphabetically

Cut up each Star Trek series/movie word by word and play all the words in alphabetical order

Its the only partrician way to watch it

the holodeck went from fake solid 3d world you ran around inside to bullshit with separate images projected into each eye, treadmilles you walked on, and so on, blah blah blah just to make those criticisms work out.

As usual, it's more trouble than it's worth if one thinks about it too much.

youtube.com/watch?v=OjNKyoRudOQ

This isn't making a point.. at all.

I can show you a shithole in Switzerland and tell you it's a bad country.

Please make better posts or don't be alive. Thanks.

>How do you know they don't?

Remember when Enterprise took the Dr. Who Tardis spatial concept and ripped it off for use in some "time ship"?
I do.