Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Rorschach.

zack the hack synder

The plan was shit. Even if the US could convince the rest of the world that they weren't behind the attacks and it was entirely Manhattan's doing, the world would spend at most a year looking for Manhattan until they couldn't find him and then would go right back to fighting each other.

I guess neither since they butchered the story

Ozymandias, fight me.

Ozy was wrong until he won, then Ror was in the wrong because he wanted to destroy the world even after the opposition had one. So basically Rorschach was Jake Sulley.

Childhood is thinking Niteowl was the hero, adulthood is knowing Rorschach was right.

They're both right. Ozzy was practically right but Rorschach was morally right. It comes down to whether you agree that it's OK for people to live in a lie if it improves their life

>replaced retarded space octopus with much more plausible threat to humanity
>butchered

but he also got rid of Dr. Manhattan, who was the catalyst for the world being as fucked up as it was.

his absence can only be a good thing

Ozy was wrong because the story gets blown regardless of all his planning,

As far as morality goes, it painted two different ways depending on the medium

Comic: Rorschach. He knows he's wrong but is incapable of compromising on his beliefs and chooses to die at the hands of Manhattan instead, saving the planet while never forfeiting his ideals

Movie: Adrian. Rorschach knows he's not getting off Antarctica alive and begs Manhattan to hurry up and get it over with

benis

:D

i don't remember the story very well but wasn't the plan in the comic to make humanity think it had been attacked by an alien life form? which means the problems mentioned in wouldn't happen, and humanity would stop fighting each other to focus on the new "threat" and rally behind dr. manhattan, who is a powerful weapon

The plan in the story was basically to destroy New York, and the death knell of the squid monster would unleash a psychic wave which would induce visions of an alien army getting ready to invade and this would unite humanity together.

>He knows he's wrong but is incapable of compromising on his beliefs and chooses to die at the hands of Manhattan instead, saving the planet while never forfeiting his ideals

Literally what also happened in the extended edition of the movie.

ozymandias = peace
rorschach = truth
there is no right or wrong, that's the point and the beauty of it

In the comic they have to get rid of Manhattan by making him agree with Ozy which is Alan Moore tier hackery. Otherwise the fucking squid is just as much as a threat as a tiny ass nuke because Manhattan would be able to vaporize it the nanosecond it appears again.

I get people hate Snyder but the movie makes more sense than the comic, and I say this as a guy who reads actual books and see Watchmen for what it is: a great deconstruction of a genre but little more than that.

this

fucking this

>retarded space octopus
lol wut

fucking quentin

The movie doesn't make more sense honestly. What did ozy really accomplish besides reinstalling the fear of god back into the world?

I'm not saying the comic ending is perfect but an enemy like an alien would be better in making humanity stop infighting because there's a threat that we can arm against now