Attached: Status Quo.jpg (634x455, 86K)

pink floyd
wilco
the national

ACDC
Pink Floyd
The Eagles

Just sayin'

Attached: Archie Ramones Dadrock.jpg (1944x3040, 3.38M)

arcade fire

Dad core is currently early 90’s hip hop and the seattle scene. The Who is grand pee paw core now friend.

Dadcore would be shitty 70s-80s buttrock like Styx and REO Speedwagon.

Foreigner
The Scorpions
Cream
Credence
Hendrix
AC/DC
The Sex Pistols

I could go on

> shitty
> Styx and REO Speedwagon.
Shit is only in your mouth.

>tfw my dad was a weirdo that listened to The Smiths, Talk Talk, New Order and Talking Heads, and pretty much everything in new wave, jangle pop and synthpop
I feel dadrock at this point for Sup Forums is going to get less and less defined.

No. "Dad-Core" is the rock and roll you dad used to listen to.

My dad HATED the bands you mentioned, and would get into fights every day with the people that listened to that dreck.

My dad was listening to hardcore punk like The Dead Kennedys, and Black Flag, along with a lot of other punk bands. He HATED REO Speedwagon, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, et al.

Perhaps you should check out post or just go back to Dead-It!

Yes

Yet there are actually people on Steve Hoffman Forum who defend this soulless corporate product that was passed off as "rock" because they lost their virginity to it.

Steely Dan, Doobie brothers
I love your dad

REO weren't corporate rock though, they started out as a Midwestern country rock band who later sold out for money. But they'd been active in the Midwest since the late 60s.

Foreigner and Journey were the definition of manufactured bands though--a label gets together a group of veteran session musicians to produce generic radio ditties based on cliches.

Why not? Sup Forums has people who defend Lana Del Gay (blatant industry plant) because they fap to her.

Not even a big punk fan, but at least he had more taste than the Foreigner/Doobies fans who became incredibly boring minivan dads.

My dad listened to blues and classical as a kid, not rock.

Rush
Wings
Queen
Cheap Trick
The Police
The Cars
Van Halen

Def Leppard
Van Halen
Aerosmith

All grandpa rock now. Dad rock these days are bands from the early 2000's like the Strokes, White stripes, and Arcade Fire.

I think you're taking dadrock as music dads listen to when in reality it's more "music dads that have kids that are coming of age or in early adulthood listen to". In this case, it's 80's and early 90's stuff - Queen fits, The Police definitely does, Rush mayhaps.

Literally ask your dad

Prime Dadcore is more like Grandadcore now

Depends on one's definition of Dad-Rock. Is it relative to the current generations of dad's? Or is it a specific type of music related to timbre, style, and presentation?

If it's relative to the average Dad of the times then the late 90's/early 2000's bands popular in indie spheres is Dad rock.

Dire Straits and Billy Joel.

Attached: triumphbig[1].jpg (900x600, 150K)

Band On The Run
Cosmos Factory
Who's Next
The Doors
Exile On Main Street
Muswell Hillbillies
Talking Heads 77
Led Zeppelin I
Electric Ladyland
Animals

Boston

FOLLOW YOUR HEART (YOU GOT TO FOLLOW YOUR HEART)
LIVING FOR TODAY, FORGET ABOUT TOMORROW
youtube.com/watch?v=n2xnGvAlkvE

Radiohead

wtf I'm a father now

Wish more dads posted these on Sup Forums instead of Death Grips and Grimes.

Are Black Sabbath not considered dad rock? My dad listened to them a lot.

I think my dad mostly likes blues now but some albums I remember him having are

Best of the Doors
Best of Foreigner
Harry Chapin - Greatest Stories Live
Rod Stewart - Blondes Have More Fun

He also liked Kenny G and Michael Bolton back in the 90s

Typical dad rock bands he never liked were the beatles, led zeppelin and floyd

My dad listens to Taylor Swift (he's 65).