Season 2 when?

season 2 when?

d-did no one watch this?

we did, it was awful. what else is there to say? lol

Come on i know I'm not the only one.

>awful
how?

the cringy quippy dialogue? did you even watch it? or read the books?

Not sure if it's official but season 2 is pretty much a lock considering it's hugely popular and they already invested a ton of money in it

>he cringy quippy dialogue
The book is actually written like that you fucking dipshit. Did you even read the books?

this, thank you for saving my time typing

no it really isnt

fuck off nigger

"It looks like a list.” “Wrong! It's a list."
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

barney stinson is awful too

Olaf is cringey, but he's also got a lot of other characteristics that make him interesting. If you read the book, you'd know how many layers he has.

I have read the books, and the comedy isnt like that quippy line I just posted. Which there are a ton of in the show. The books comedy is different which is hard to translate to tv but god did they miss hard

>Paste: I know you’re neck-deep in writing Season Two right now. Kids age up fairly quickly, particularly babies. Has there been any discussion about expediting production on the second or even third seasons so you can capture the kids in this time and physical state?

>Handler: It’s definitely a big concern of ours. Our dream is to film Season Three right after Season Two, we’re still working that out with Netflix. We couldn’t have filmed all three seasons in a row… but we’re hoping that with the reception the show has been getting, we can film those seasons so that at the end of the series, the Baudelaires aren’t in their 30s and we’re wondering why they’re still worried about their guardians.

I'm not looking forward to Season 2. This series kinda took a crap on my loving memory of the books and enjoyment of the movie.

The problem was they tried to bloat it up with a lot of background stuff no one cared about, and tried to meander around an overly similar play by play of the movie & books.

Some instances were good, like not having a toad in the reptile room compared to the movie and weaving in the Quigley family, but others, like having Sunny win a game of poker against the hook-handed man instead of Olaf's word simply being honored, and having Olaf's troupe involved at the end of reptile room and wide window just unraveled the stitching I thought the television series was trying to clean up.

I don't like how NPH plays Olaf. He comes across too hard as a character in a costume -- I appreciated his Stephano and other disguises better.

Mr. Poe & family and Aunt Josephine being black was uncalled for and somewhat jarring. Things like the hook-handed man being dark-skinned and Uncle Monty being played by Mandvi weren't overreaching, as a fair stance of comparison.

Overall, it was a letdown, because the tools were all laid out for a good story and so they only had to focus on execution, which I feel they failed at. Carrey was a far more commanding Olaf.

Literally the best thing Netflix has put out

NPH was shit and Poe's wife was weirdly mean/vindictive to the children when they stayed over. practically rubbing their parents death in their faces? that was strange

i dont really care about the racial casting and stuff like that but the dialogue and "comedy" was just really cringeworthy. I hate using stupid tv buzzwords to describe things but thats really the only appropriate way to describe it

I liked the books when I was a child. But now I'm not so why would I watch the show?

It's like them remaking some pacifiers I used when I was a baby, I'm not gonna start using them again

What setting did Sup Forums prefer, victorian or 1950s?

I prefered the series' setting, 19th century fashion mixed up with cars is a weird combination.

I'M AN ADULT MOM!!!

Try asking them.

You're posting on 4hcan...

I come here for adult debate and discussion. Not to discuss baby shows for little boys

The story takes place in a surrealist world and virtually everyone is a complete nutter besides the Baudelaires. Lines like "It looks like a list.” “Wrong! It's a list." aren't meant to be funny at all. Instead I think they're supposed to remind the audience that this really is a surreal world.

I mean, just look at how bold the kids are to adults. Klaus and Violet are sick of the bullshit since they're the only ones who seem to be grounded in reality.

>spy action scenes
>Sunny playing cards
This was irredeemable garbage

Poe's wife isn't that mean to them in the books. Getting them sweaters that happen to be itchy is the extent of her character. Poe's sister is actually from the sensational newspaper, but in the TV series it looks like they inserted her into the wife role to drive the bother on the Baudelaires, which I felt was a little hyperbolic off the bat. At best, Poe's children should have been annoying to them and that'd be the line.

Yeah it was either they changed the style of mockery or trusted NPH to make the execution good, and they made the wrong decision since he just dropped the ball hard with it.

They really just tacked on the little idiosyncrasies to extend the show into a suitable length, and it was so annoyingly obvious. I would've preferred they cut each book to an episode that'd flow better, but they probably had money/seasons on their mind. The only one I remember that I enjoyed was the hissing exchange Uncle Monty and Stephano had.

Yeah they should've just stuck to what was in the book. Taking unnecessary liberties is what puts you on the Shyamalan's The Last Airbender track and Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy track.

this is too pathetic to even discuss it at lenght. Why are you in this thread Mr Serious Adult?

you sound like a loser

What did you dislike about NPH? I actually really enjoyed Stephano and Captain Sham.

just admit that the dialogue is shitty and campy look how hard youre trying to defend it lmao

not an arguement

HAVAHAM LAYERS LIKE ONION LIKE OGRE SHREK LMAOOOO

Kill yourself.

WRONG its not an argument XD check my intricate layers!

>Quippy dialogue
MUH MOVIE HAS JOKES IN IT I WANT GRIMDARK HUMORLESS MOVIES BY ZACK SNYDER

I mentioned it here > don't like how NPH plays Olaf. He comes across too hard as a character in a costume -- I appreciated his Stephano and other disguises better.

It's the delivery of his lines. He sounds too much like a character in a costume, which can work for obvious reasons when he really is in a costume. But as Olaf and/or when he's discussing his real intentions rather than humorously (verging on apathetically) letting those intentions slip, it sounds too much like a parody of himself rather than the actual convictions of the character.

His lines fall short or come across as annoying, which just make NPH come across as unconvincing as an actor, which again, can work when it's his disguises since he, Olaf, is a poor actor.

>He sounds too much like a character in a costume
Well, he is a crazy actor user.

has this board really gotten this bad that the only defense against shitty quip dialogue is to assume the other person also enjoys shitty superhero movies?

I didnt like the humor in the show so i automically hate comedy?

I AM FUNNY BECAUSE I REFER TO ACTORS NOT BY NAME BUT BY THEIR PREVIOUS MORE WELL KNOWN CHARACTER

THIS IS HOW I ASSERT MY DOMINANCE

I WILL NOW REFER TO WILLIAM FROM WESTWORLD AS MCPOYLE

SEE, I HAVE DONE IT

Not really, it's just that usually the anons here who complain about quips are the anons who enjoy shitty superhero movies

>someone actually thought this up and decided to post it

Mr Poe's really fucking funny though.

are you okay man?