See this have 3.80 on rym and listen to it

>see this have 3.80 on rym and listen to it
>not feeling it at all

Does Sup Forums like Sisters of Mercy?

Attached: 51JgmjFaz9L.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRVgX5-zx_U
youtu.be/G-xP1OtdtZM
youtube.com/watch?v=AeFC-rfQkVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit music for goths

Sisters of Mercy is by far the worst classic Goth band, if they hadn't formed when they did nobody would like them

I don't know anything about that band other than that i love this one song.

youtube.com/watch?v=fRVgX5-zx_U

First and Last and Always is much better

Sisters of Mercy are the perfect example of a band that peaked before the debut, "Some girls wonder by mistake" is the only SoM album you need.
When "First and last.." came out they already had lost a big part of their lineup and became a self parody, or the Andrew show.
Fun fact: Patricia Morrison never played a single note in SoM she was just there for the promo shoots and videos. She was back touring with Gun Club when "Floodland" was released

cry little sister is a good song

actual retards

One of the best bands ever.

Underrated, This Corrosion is good

This is actually their best release

Also which version Temple of Love does Sup Forums prefer? I like the heavier 92 one

Attached: some-girls-wander-by-mistake-5292bb778154d.jpg (1000x1000, 136K)

>mfw there are people who think The Mission is better

Attached: tumblr_nsmp7v6iWI1uoehluo1_500.jpg (500x445, 60K)

PEOPLE THAT DISAGREE WITH ME ARE RETARDS

IF IT'S CLASSIC THEN YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT BAAAAAWWWWW

Attached: 1520384662630.jpg (298x298, 54K)

Why does that album cover look like The Lost Boys?

Goth bands suck ass and they're not real goth to begin with

It looks stupid to me, like ironic Ariel Pink visual art

Yeah, Pale Waves is REAL goth. Fucking 'goth' fag posers that listen to trashy shit like Bauhaus.

(robotic monotone voice)
I HEAR THE SOUNDS OF THE CITY AND THE DISPOSSESSED
GET DOWN
GET UNDRESSED
BER-NERNERNER NERNERNER
BER-NERNERNER NERNERNER
fucking based

Yeah, you're right. I didn't even notice how much they ripped off Ariel.

>KICK
SNARE
>KICK
SNARE
>KICK
SNARE
>KICK
SNARE
>KICK
SNARE

I like Killer Joke and Cocteau Twin

unlike the good "goth" bands (bauhaus, siouxsie, the cure, killing joke) they actually tried to be goth which is why they sucked

Dominion/Mother Russia is a masterpiece. The rest of their songs range from good to just okay.

If you think SOM is the worst then you haven't heard many. Real talk, the worst classic Goth bands are the really obscure ones from Finland or parts of the U.K. Astaron for example is pretty shitty.

>the worst classic Goth bands
>are the really obscure ones
retard

Not me user, "Wasteland" was just a "Marian" rip-off.

>no mention of Christian Death

Attached: 1518489471694.jpg (450x378, 25K)

yanks can't make good music

I meant to say some of, stuff like Astaron, Maailmanloppu, The Night Creatures, Rebel Christening only had 1 good song, as well as the handful of Batcave imitators that cropped up.

This, where would Goth be without CD?

Gr8 b8 m8

Buncha fuckin idiots in this thread, huh? This is an incredible album and if you can't appreciate Dominion and This Corrosion you straight-up shouldn't be on this board. The end.

WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW ABOUT THIS ALBUM IT'S FUCKING GOOD

youtu.be/G-xP1OtdtZM

Attached: R-463285-1368218560-1251.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 202K)

>not mentioning Flood II
Out.

this

There are two very distinct phases to The Sisters Of Mercy.
The first phase(1980-1985, meaning their early singles/EPs and the First And Last And Always LP) was when they were an actual band with creative duties and songwriting shared between all members. A lot of people including myself will argue that this is the definitive era of the band, and its sound and aesthetic were quite different from what they would turn into during phase two.
Sisters MK1 was a grimy, lo-fi, very rough around the edges street level art-punk band that had more in common with The Stooges, Suicide, Chrome, early Mary Chain(who were in turn influenced by the Sisters) and arguably even early Big Black(Albini has also openly named early Sisters as one of the big influences on Big Black, in particular their use of a drum machine) than they did with The Cure, The Cult, Siouxsie & The Banshees or The Mission. Despite how poorly-produced and occasionally poorly-played some of the music that they made during this era is, it's funnily enough ended up being the part of their discography that's aged with the most grace.

The second phase(Floodland onwards) was when Andrew Eldritch ejected all the other members of the band and essentially turned SOM into his solo project. This is when the band turned into the over-the-top, almost operatic arena rock band(Jim Steinman production included) that most people think of when they think of SOM, with all the grime and the filth and the primitivity of that first era getting cleaned up and done away with.
I can still find some value in Floodland and to a degree even the maligned Vision Thing, but the early material absolutely does blow both of those albums out of the water. You can't have an accurate image of this band without listening to that period of their work.

So yeah, I also recommend starting with Some Girls Wander By Mistake instead of Floodland. Most of those early singles and EPs are collected on that record.

Attached: tumblr_om4cnqJTwW1rv0qddo1_500.jpg (500x700, 31K)

I listened to them a whole lot last week and really really liked floodland and vision thing

I listened to it this week and just thought it was ok

it's cool cuz its really only one guy that pretty much does everything which I find impressive

its also cool that "goths" seem to hate him/them which is solely because they/he was really really popular in the 80s, and it's also cool because he hates being labeled a goth band and hates goths and considers sisters of mercy a good old rock n roll band which I think they are.

goths only seem to like the first album stuff which just sounds like boring ass joy division, the more poppy stuff that too cool for school homos hate is the good stuff, I love the cheesiness of Vision Thing

youtube.com/watch?v=AeFC-rfQkVk

this song is GOAT

that fuckin sax

Attached: 1509618560050.jpg (250x223, 7K)

>Alright guys, Andrew Eldritch here, you know I don't want to toot my own horn but I'm really not a goth band, if anyone every listened to me, they would know this, and I predicted that people would be calling my band a goth band way back before anyone else did
>spoon clanks

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.30.22 PM.png (1710x950, 1.67M)

They suck complete ass and I 0.5'd all their albums in prortest.