What went so, so wrong?

The two sequels were the most logical, realistic way to end the trilogy. That said, they could have trimmed it down to one movie with the right cuts.

>Was meant to be a trilogy
>All suits said "no"
>"Okay just one then"
>They make everything into one movie
>Matrix is a huge success
>Okay we want a trilogy now

The only good one has too much introductory stuff to work on repeated viewing.

Morpheus said in the first film:
"When the Matrix was first built there was a man born inside who had the ability to change whatever he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit".

Neo is supposed to have the same power. By the end of the first movie he's far more powerful than Morpheus or any man. Really the whole prophecy could/should have been fulfilled in the second movie.

making it about Neo when they should have sidelined him in the sequels and introduced a new protagonist who wasn't overpowered so there could be real tension and excitement instead of "okay, when is Neo gonna finish beating these fags up?"

also deconstructing the first movie instead of building on it, that was not only a dumb idea but also an insult to the fans

>you realize if it wasn't for smith, the humans would have lost

That's why in the 3rd film they decided to say "oh yeah that prophecy was bullshit we've had loads of chosen ones before"

forgot to add, they also went overboard with the racial themes in the sequels, the good ethnics versus the evil whitebreads

didn't pick up on it when I was younger but watching it now, it's a bit irking

Satan speaks the truth

They focused on the religious bullshit instead of the anti-establishment theme.

The first movie wrote itself into a corner, there was no way to make Neo a compelling protagonist after he basically became God. They should have come up with a new main character and only have Neo hinted at here and there (maybe with a grand reveal at the end).

The first had all the shocks and twists, they forgot or never knew how to write good twists.

the red pill

>tfw no trinity gf

if this is true it makes a shit load of sense

Even the hero (Reeves) is only half white

>inserting identity politics into films released a decade before they were introduced
sure thing bud

Lmao the guy oracle dude with the TAS talked about multiple chosens ones before, if you're gonna critique then actually watch the movie faggo

They're "ethnics" because from a global perspective whites have always been a minority, if people are getting saved from the Matrix on a global scale then it makes sense that there would be more non-whites in Zion than whites, especially if you account for interbreeding. Not to mention that the male and female leads (Neo and Trinity) are both white.

Have you just quoted me and made the exact same point I was making? I think you have.

He also conveniently forgets about the black albino twin ghost thingies.

so you're telling me it's pure coincidence that the resistance is like 70% black and 20% asian while all of the agents and major antagonists are white males?

Also identity politics was there from the very first script of the first movie, "bud"

Nothing, it actuallly got better because it became more about philosophy and less about action which suits my personal tastes.

The Cohen brothers, jealous of the new brothers on the block, conspired with the Weinsteins to kuk their lives & franchise. worked well.

how are they black? because of the dreadlocks?

Not sure what movie you are watching. Also the major antagonists are machines you idiot.

christ youre kukd by your philosphy. try reading books instead of burning them trumpenlite.

damn that spanish guy was completely forgettable
at least the tomboy had the "not like this" line

nothing

a bullshit explanation

It's a western movie made by westerners, and even entertaining your post it doesn't explain the over-representation of blacks which make up a minority of the world population

They were meant to be forgettable. They were killed off. Outside the main three, only Tank survived and he was kicked out the rest of the movies for being a shitty actor.

>the resistance is like 70% black and 20% asian

Stop going on Sup Forums It's fucked your thinking up.

machines LARPing as white dudes, idiot

it's called subtext

>waaaah a few of the villains were white guys!
Could you be any more pathetic?

I never go to Sup Forums, believe it or not, not everyone who mentions racial stuff in movies visits the same message board

The movies have an obvious subtext of rebellious multicultural alliance vs white patriarchal conformity

Even setting aside how either of us feel about that, if you didn't pick up on it you're a fucking moron

you didnt get it

>I never go to Sup Forums
Yeah right. You're saying the matrix was anti-white. You can't get much more Sup Forums than that. Kys.

>message board

>multicultural alliance vs white patriarchal
because it's a fact (or at least it was) that most people in the dominant class are white and male

I never stated it was anti-white, maybe you should learn reading comprehension before dishing out advice retard

>The movies have an obvious subtext of rebellious multicultural alliance vs white patriarchal conformity

and I tip my hat to you as well sir

>the good ethnics versus the evil whitebreads
inb4 wasn't me

Yes, the white male will destroy the white patriarchy!

>inb4 b-but the actor is half-asian!

so what? it's a fiction action film set somewhere 2 centuries from now

I dont understand this movie so did they go back in time to the 90s or something
Why do things look different in the computer?

and so what ?

maybe try paying attention next time you watch it

>inb4 it wasn't me
It was me, I'm merely pointing out that the good guys are shown as racially diverse while the bad guys are not. I might have used some hyperbolic language, but I fail to see where I claimed that the message of the movie was "fuck white people"

>the bad guys are not.

how was the message fuck white people if the gary stu of the franchise is a white guy?

you're a mentally ill

>Yes, the white male will destroy the white patriarchy!
totally not every white male leftist's fantasy, not at all

The agents are white because at the time that was the stereotype of nameless government agents. That's all the depth to it there is.

The matrix isn't supposed to symbolize racial struggle dummy, it's tranny themes

Nothing
/thread

twins are white-skinned characters played by white actors, and even in regards to the other minions of The Merovingian, that's all they are, minions

On top of that they, like the resistance, rebel against the system and are no longer apart of it. Every single program that works for the system is shown to be white and male if I recall. Feel free to prove otherwise, it's been a while since I watched the films

The twins are obviously albino blacks and anyone who says so otherwise is retarded. There's also a black vampire behind them.

>b-but they're minions!
Fuck off.

>Every single program that works for the system is shown to be white and male if I recall.
That's because only the agents are shown. The Merovingian was an outcast too.

and I can understand that in context of the first movie, but it's jarring how we finally see Zion and I'm wondering "why is everyone so dark-skinned?" while the agents continue to be all white and all male

I'd like to iterate that I'm not angry or vilifying the movies for certain things I noticed, if anything it's just a nitpick. It's why I mentioned it as an afterthought in my original post.

No idea how they managed to make her even hotter.

>The twins are obviously albino blacks and anyone who says so otherwise is retarded.
why, because of the dreadlocks? something no white person has ever worn in the history of mankind, obviously

>That's because only the agents are shown. The Merovingian was an outcast too.
but that's my point, his faction is also made up of rebels even if they are within the matrix and aren't actively trying to dismantle it. They are side-antagonists, serving the same function Cypher did in the original

>he thinks identity politics is a new thing
Thomas Sowell was writing about social justice back in the fucking 90's

The Merovingian is white and male and works against the system.

THIS. The original Matrix was the most revolutionary Hollywood movie in history. Shit would never have seen the light of day in the post 9/11 era.

How are they albino black? They seem pretty european to me and not just because the skin colour

he doesn't work against the system, he works to increase his own stake in that system

he is no more an anti-authoritarian figure than the American Mafia, who only hate the government when they interfere with their profit margin

>he doesn't work against the system
He trafficks exiled programs. The agents are against him and the people he traffics. The agent even tried to "delete" the keymaker. They were against the system dumby.

>they seem european to me
Of course they do, because it suits your agenda.

After the success of the Matrix the Wachowskis envisioned two more films, one prequel and one sequel. However the prequel would not have used the cast members and the studio balked at this suggestion, demanding the two films feature the same star-studded cast, ie. Reeves, Fishburne and co. to guarantee box office returns. This forced the Wachowskis to abandon the idea of the prequel story and stretch their one planned sequel into two films. This is why the third Matrix film in particular wears a little thin - there's only half a film's worth of story in there.

Look at the lips and noses of the the twins. Theyre slim caucasian style and not wide niggerish.

>He trafficks exiled programs. The agents are against him and the people he traffics. The agent even tried to "delete" the keymaker. They were against the system dumby.
just because he does things the system doesn't like doesn't mean he wants to destroy it

He has an invested interest in the continued existence of the matrix, just like mob bosses don't want to blow up government buildings. They are interested in themselves, not ideals

>Morpheus, I'm ordering your ship out of the Brier Patch.

and the citizens of Zion all look like extras in a hip-hop video because that's the stereotype for hackers who fight the system?

Then what are you talking about? Nobody wants to completely destroy the system. Even Zion just wants to co-exist with the machines.

My agenda? The hell are you talking about, mate?

I just looked it up. They actors are British and I see no evidence of african ancestry at all.

He's talking about the second movie.

the action in the first is good, watching neo fight a gazillion useless agent is not

do you know how crazy those wajakowski otherkins are? I mean they are way ahead of their time