Would you trust DC with a Batman Beyond movie?

Would you trust DC with a Batman Beyond movie?

The cartoon, like almost all Animated Series, is fucking great.

Problem is the entire cinema universe.

I can't wait to see Michael Cera as Terry.

cast adam west as old batman

cast mark hamil as old joker

Fuck no. They can't even get the regular comics right.

nice recurring digits

Short: No

Long: What makes Batman Beyond work is the immense amount of character development that Terry goes through. We're told that he's the new Batman, not another Robin, but a replacement to the Batman. The viewer, as well as Bruce, is initially untrusting of him. He has to earn our trust and respect. Many episodes are emotionally engaging (like the Mr. Freeze episode, " Believe me, you're the only one who cares."), or plain unnerving (like the ghost that can cause earthquake) with twist endings showing the villain of the week's grotesque comeuppance. The idea behind such episodes is to establish that Terry is becoming more mature, he's seeing and doing things that Bruce COULDN'T do and didn't do. He goes from a hothead teenage punk to actual hero.

In the end, Terry becomes better than Batman. Terry is his own man, stable, smart and starts a family in Epilogue. This contrasts with the loneliness of Bruce, his obsessions drove everyone away from him. The big theme about Batman is if Batman is the real personality or Bruce is. With Terry, there's no ambiguity.

Batman Beyond is the perfect show for young boys in puberty. It shows the dangers of reckless idealism, but doesn't admonish viewers for trying to be better people or having hope. And the DC Cinematic Universe would completely ignore all of that. Terry in the CU would a super grim dark Batman (think Azrael) with fancy tech.

Yeah get a sweet industrial soundtrack (maybe Trent Reznor) and obviously the Kino master himself Snyder with full control and you could be on to something

SeeSnyder would skip over Terry's arc of convincing Bruce that he is a new Batman and not Bruce's Batman but opting for his sadistic attitude, which wouldn't be different to the current DCEU Batman.

>fucking great
I thought so too until I tried rewatching them as an adult.

>the Kino master himself Snyder
nice meme, bro

>"industrial"
Go back to Sup Forums with this shit

And you realized it was fucking incredible.

TAS still golds up. The animation on the pilot ep is still amazing. And episodes like the clayface episode Harleys Holiday still have a lot of heart to them

I support anything with both Hamil and West in it.

>watch Batman TAS
>cheer for Bruce fighting against criminals

>watch Batman Beyond
>it was all for nothing
>Gotham still has crime
>hell, its even worse
>Bruce is an embittered old man who never achieved his goals
>everyone he loved has died

Who thought this show was a good idea?

Nope I couldn't get through 4 episodes. Sorry kid. I'm sure the movies hold up better but those are movies for a reason.

The fact they were able to satisfy the demands of "High School Batman" with something like Beyond is an achievement.

>I threw a rock at him!!
>...it was a big rock :|

>what if we ripped off Spider-Man
I'm not impressed.

They actually address this issue through Terry. Basically, although Bruce is very good at fighting criminals, it is never a permanent solution and he is a man. The Batman used to be a symbol of terror but as he got older, the more it became clear he was just a man. Then Terry came along No, I am not going to acknowledge his backstory with Bruce's DNA shenanigans and donned the suit, creating a different batman, showing it is an idea. Ideas don't die.

>Sorry kid
Get fucked, retard.

>Sorry autist
Is that more PC for you? You're the one calling cartoons "fucking great". You gonna go watch the Lego Batman movie? You see Zootopia last year, big boy? How many mothers gave you the stink eye?

i don't trust anyone with anything, anymore

>cartoons can't be great
Whoa, be careful! You might cut someone with that edge!

>Would you trust DC with
No, definitely not.

Why do people dislike the idea of Terry being Bruce's son/clone?

Heart of Ice in TAS was kino.

I always wanted to see them do a batman trilogy and give it an old like depression era look, and then like a part 2 connected trilogy of batman beyond and give it a blade runner kind of look

Annie and Clayface and that episode with coma Batgirl were sensational.

>Batman Beyond
>Good

Very average at best. Season 1 was solid and so was the Justice League 2-part episodes.

Other than that I really disliked Terry's backstory. He is a troublemaker from the 90's. It also doesn't help the whole DNA retcon they pulled. Terry has no morals either. He is willing to kill people. It's very understandable considering he doesn't have same traumas as Bruce does. Terry's biggest flaw is that he is very bland person.

I hated how Terry needed a sidekick, Max. I thought Bruce was sufficient enough. I liked his relationship with Ten mostly because she is ten, literally and metaphorically.

The whole premise had so much potential but they spent too much on gimmicks than actually make Terry and side characters interesting.

I like it better as an adult.

something something reduces his accomplishments something something bad moral

Why not just have biological kids instead?

u mom smell bitche

Because Beyond spends the entire series building the idea that Batman isn't just about Bruce, or the Suit, it's about the mantle, that anyone can be a Batman if they're willing and work for it.

Then Epilogue comes along and no, he was Batman because he was Bruce 2.0 the whole time.
It's a stupid retcon at the last minute and it's absolutely pointless because nothing is even done with it afterwards.

so true. it cheapened terry and the whole story.
when that epilogue came out there were threads upon threads that divided the fandom.
the nubruce kept on saying that it didn't matter cause terry became batman either way without waller's (phantasm) assassin - she didn't kill terry's parents in front of him.
so waller called it quits (which doesn't fit waller's character. she woulda hired some junkie off the street/or use any of her hired guns or someone in the military to do it).

It was also just entirely pointless. Literally no one was thinking
>Hmm, how can Terry Batman just like that? It's not like the suit was superpowered and he trained with Bruce or anything...
It would be like having a "revelation" that Spider-Man's dad was actually the guy that killed Uncle Ben. It's fucking stupid, out of left field, and no one gave a shit before or after. It only serves to add stupidity to a situation where none was needed or wanted.

I wouldn't trust DC to water my plants

A good bunch of the episodes are better for me now than back when I was a kid.

The underground zombie episode used to give me nightmares.