Do popular music (top 40 radio) takes any skill to compose or is mostly the mixing and mastering that matters (music...

Do popular music (top 40 radio) takes any skill to compose or is mostly the mixing and mastering that matters (music production)?

Attached: 1520524959926.jpg (284x178, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manual
youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk
youtube.com/watch?v=tX3ArbnXrmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think most top 40 nowadays is shitty trap, so no.
actual pop music like britney spears and stuff is written by talented songwriters and is often more sophisticated and complex than generic indie shit like bon iver or mumford and sons, and requires more talent to create than stuff like harsh noise

No.
Dont let them fool you.
Pop music is complete garbage.

Let me introduce you to a little something called "the manual"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Manual

>The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way) is a 1988 book by "The Timelords" (Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty), better known as The KLF. It is a step by step guide to achieving a No.1 single with no money or musical skills, and a case study of the duo's UK novelty pop No. 1 "Doctorin' the Tardis".

youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk

Attached: klfman.jpg (339x474, 23K)

anyone can hum a great pop song though, that's what it's about. coming up with it has been done by artists of all genres. a hit's a hit. doesn't matter if you're metallica, frank zappa, the b52s, prince, madonna, tyler the creator...hits are defined by ease of memory and catchiness.

Since the creation of electronic music, music has required no skill to compose.

pinches hambrientinos se creen blancos hahaha

I still, after all this time, have no idea what trap rap is.

No. It's all a sorcery and pranks.

It's rap over a trap beat aka the most generic shit ever created by man. youtube.com/watch?v=tX3ArbnXrmM

Ohhh it's that shit. That clears a lot up, including why so many people hate trap. Cheers

Yeah I can barely hear a second of it before I want to drown in my own vomit. It has basically destroyed top 40 music in general.

damn that some 2010 ass shit i mean is ne1 gonna listen to gucci manes new shit XDXD

Composition and mixing are probably both difficult to do except when the artists try to coast by on a gimmick or have their lack of talent propped up by sex appeal or image. If people still talk about a pop artist 5 years after their peak they probably have some talent.

Separating "composition" as something good from "mixing and mastering" as something expendable is some seriously 19th century thinking
production in modern music is where the talent we culturally/historically associate with composing comes in today

composing takes learning a musical instrument, which takes years.

you can do mastering and mixing after finishing one of those music production courses that teaches FL studio.

>24 seconds in
>BOSH BOSH BOSH LOADS OF MONEY
based

You can learn an instrument in a week. You master an instrument over years or decades. The same goes with mastering. No one is great at mastering as soon as they start out and you're retarded if you think that. I highly doubt you or I could take an FL studio course and be able to produce like Flying Lotus or Arca over night. You're like an old woman who thinks making electronic music is as simple as pressing the 'make music' button on your Macintosh.

Strawman. Becoming an expert at production takes years, and you can learn the basics of piano in a single course. The people actually doing it for a living are not the people who "finished one of those production courses" and nothing else

so i guess all those composers from 200 years ago had to learn every single instrument in an orchestra in order to compose for them?
your entire post reads like it was written by an underage rockist who just picked up a guitar
kill yourself

t. butthurt FL studio user angry when everyone can push buttons on FL studio

people used to shit on rock music because "anyone can just pick up a guitar and play"
then people used to shit on electronic music because "it doesn't take talent like playing guitar, anyone can just press buttons and make music"

basically people are just really short-sighted and stupid and that includes you

>mostly the mixing and mastering that matters (music production)?
this also qualifies as skill, you answered your on question

anyone can push buttons but can they press the right buttons at the right time? checkmate rockists