LE 3DEEP5ME LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS: THE MOVIE

LE 3DEEP5ME LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS: THE MOVIE

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!
Well at least I pirated this piece of shit.

>to dumb too understand a simple flick

>too dumb to explain it

Speak up Einstein!

What's to explain though? There's nothing you shouldn't understand after watching it once

Why are plebs so fucking dumb?

>got a 4/5 from a reviewer who is the embodiment of KINO
all I needed to know. thanks.

>Well at least I pirated this piece of shit.

called the cops and reported the thread

To my understanding they took the something-whatever hypothesis way overboard, to the point at which the movie has the scientific validy of Lucy. That's why I didn't especially care for it.

OP's top 5 favorite films

1. The Hangover
2. The Hangover III
3. Rise of the Planet of the Dawn of the Plant of the Apes
4. Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon
5. Fast and furious X

I just watched John Wick but I didn't understand any of it, can some one please explain the plot intricacies?

Aliens arrived to give Humans a langunge that allows you to see into the future and shit because they need a favor from them in 3000 years or something.

Woman talks to aliens and learns their langunge.

The plot is simple, and mostly makes sense. get your brains checked OP, you might be special.

I didn't really like how devoid of emotion and monotone it was, but other than that i got what i was expecting, pretty good.

I like how the movie's villain is an Alex Jone's watching "Fox News does my thinking for me" Drumpfkin Sup Forumsfag.

the tension was oh so completely forced, I mean the whole China will start a war and dumb people are protesting the aliens plot

Nope, sorry. Not even closely.

This! THIS SO FUCKING MUCH!

It literally ruined the movie for me. Why the fuck would humanity go nuts? Especially when literally nothing happened and the aliens were peaceful.

. . . b-because they're aliens

It's not even hard to understand. How pleb can you get?

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

>pot calling the kettle a nigger

I'm a pseud for wanting a movie that rewards serious thought and multiple viewings?

I don't go to the movies to feel smart, i want feels bro

I felt liked I missed something but what's disappointing is that I don't think I did
> we don't know what they will need in 3000 years. OK not important I guess but it would be a more well rounded movie if we knew.
>doesn't exactly explain what the gift of the language is and if all people can see into the future or what.

That's totally valid and in most ways I agree, but when a movie is advertised as the "thinking man's sci fi" and called a smart movie, the point should be raised