Jason Molina died 5 years ago today...

Jason Molina died 5 years ago today. I don't see his music discussed on here nearly as much as I feel he should be so let's get some discussion going.

Magnolia Electric Co. is definitely his most popular work (and for good reason) but I'd like to hear what people think of his other work. Didn't It Rain is definitely up there for me, as well has some of his solo albums like Let Me Go, Let Me Go, Let Me Go.

I'd like to hear Sup Forums's thoughts.

Attached: 061114-JasonMolina[1].jpg (690x460, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6gBaolYCbyE
youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=iattIZ6y5PM
youtube.com/watch?v=CG6gpwYH1DM
youtube.com/watch?v=6c9lHmvbsdQ
youtu.be/GA54jrvhOtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wxAaf16xXRk
youtube.com/watch?v=sE4Z9y2ZKsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blue Chicago Moon probably is the saddest fucking song i've ever heard.

That song alone could make Didn't it Rain my one of my favorite albums.

It's that song or Hold On Magnolia that I often come back to after however long of not listening to Molina's stuff and then I just need to listen to it all again.

literally who

this.

checking out now. OP should post samples

The Sojourner box set thing is underrated as fuck. The Nashville Moon and Black Ram album from it are fantastic.

Attached: 6884bcfe.jpg (320x320, 32K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6gBaolYCbyE

Blue Factory Flame might me my favorite song ever. I agree he's not discussed half as much as he should be but that's literally only because his music isn't memeable.

Haven't listened to much but Farewell Transmission is so fucking beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz2A9Y

RIP

fuck this mumblerap board

Jason Molina's stuff should be right up my alley but it's never really clicked with me. A song here and there will get my attention but I'm thinking it might just not be for me. I keep going back and trying again but it just doesn't seem to keep my interest

youtube.com/watch?v=iattIZ6y5PM

youtube.com/watch?v=CG6gpwYH1DM

his best tracks imo

>they don't know who a musician is
>they must listen to mumblerap
Fuck you. You're so out of touch you don't even know mumblerap isn't a current thing anymore.

Attached: 61QbNKxWoTL._UY700_.jpg (700x700, 57K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6c9lHmvbsdQ

Most harrowing song i've ever heard.

Attached: jason molina.jpg (201x251, 7K)

Even though he's one of my favorite musicians, I totally get this. Idk I don't think he's the greatest songwriter or lyricist, but it just come together so well for me most of the time.

youtu.be/GA54jrvhOtQ

i'm going to keep coming back from time to time sometimes it takes a while and then one day you just FEEL it

jfc

Attached: just.png (449x447, 402K)

Ive been listening to a lot of his discography the past few weeks and I'm gutted I waited so long to check him out.
His band is playing a tribute set at a venue near me in a couple months and I'm definitely hitting it up. Apparently his dad is gonna be there too

thats awesome, I know they played some shows last year too and I didn't know until a month or two after the fact. I'll have to check it out to see if they are playing near me again.

youtube.com/watch?v=wxAaf16xXRk

Bump

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=sE4Z9y2ZKsw

Bretty good tunes

donate to my patreon I'm too poor to afford suicide options