Why did he make the same album twice in two years?

Why did he make the same album twice in two years?

Attached: Mount Eerie Now Only.jpg (1200x1200, 333K)

his wife died

For funsies

Maybe he just fucking sucks

He wanted to see if people would fall for the "muh dead wife" meme again.

she's probably not even dead

You have to be really fucking dense to think these are thematically identical.

But this ones better though

fuck off

This board is shit.

Not thematically, just stylistically.

if you want a hugbox you know where to go

reddit is quantifiably better than this place in every possible way

explain further

Ooooh, ironic considering you frequent this place out of the comfort of knowing that you are among your kind. Couldn't you say that Sup Forums is your own personal hugbox? How quaint

Despite he being a hack His wife died, so sad.
9/10

Jeez, Sup Forums needs to pull itself together if it's got people who readily talk about how much they like Reddit

christ you haven't even listened to it, have you?

This place is supposed to be for music discussion, quit being such a fucking retard

Also completely wrong.

I'll never understand the weird vendetta Sup Forums suddenly developed against phil.

Because idiots think meme-ing the death of his wife is funny

i don't understand why you venture outside of your precious safespace but here we are

Because everyone here is horribly depressed and the only way for anyone here to feel alive is by acting as edgy as possible.

>safespace
epic

i love phil and i liked a crow etc but i wish he'd go back to making actual music again and not trying to do songspeaky knausgaard because it's easy and therapeutic

Incorrect assumption you fucking mongoloid simpleton.

absolutely devastating response that makes no sense

see

There would be no vendetta if the music he were making right now was good. Seriously, if he just took a step back and made a serious effort to create a cohesive new album about death instead of just mumbling his thoughts into the mic and playing generic melodies, everything would be fine.

>Phil
>edgy

Attached: 1508729826113.jpg (600x600, 57K)

>actual music
what did he mean by this

Do you you have it on good authority that he was just mumbling his thoughts into the mic?

I mean he did at least write them down and organize them first lol. And that much is certainly apparent, even within songs like Two Paintings, there are clear thematic outlines to his ideas, and the music compliments them really well.

If you think there is no structure to his thoughts, even though they are disjointed and time-jumpy, you're just not paying attention.

And which melodies struck you as most generic?

are you retarded?

Attached: download.png (190x266, 5K)

hes not trying to make anything grant, he just wanted to make an album so he could let out how he feels. i dont think he expected for crow to blow up as much as it did.

the post was saying that the people laughing at the death of his wife are edgy, not phil you fucking moron.

Attached: hx4Prda.jpg (228x221, 5K)

only makes sense that the people who brainlet post are even more retarded than the people they respond to

this

>literally has a folder of these save on their computer
>doesn't see the irony
>actually has zero self awareness

lol

I remember the days when reddit didn't make up 80% of this thread and we had daily phil appreciation threads. Haven't yet listened to this album but I'm pretty sure it's great

Attached: 1512330650860.png (900x729, 129K)

its really great, please give it a listen

Cursed thread

>Seriously, if he just took a step back and made a serious effort to create a cohesive new album about death instead of just mumbling his thoughts into the mic

jesus, this aspy take. It's almost as if he went through serious trauma, dealt with it the way he always does, then saw that project blow up in a potentially uncomfortable way. He's probably not currently capable of doing what you'd like him to, yet he still makes music as that's his primary form of introspection next to writing. It ain't the microphones or even early Mount Eerie, but it's not supposed to be.

I'm sure he'll get there again though, Phil's excellent.

This. He's one of the most creative in the business, he'll keep evolving.

like the point every album or art piece is to be incredibly cohesive in structure anyway.

It's almost like art is meant to be varied and illicit different types of experiences and emotions.

yet subjectivity routinely goes over the heads of the bulk of the people on this board, sadly

Thread saved

If I didn't like A Crow Looked At Me should I bother with this?

idk

it depends on what you didn't like about it.

It's a lot less dark tonally, and the songwriting is not as barebones. There's definitely a lot more going on in terms of melody and instrumentation.

The almost spoken word poetic lyrical style is still there from Crow but it seems less despairing and is accompanied by more lively music.

messiah

Overrated and crying for atenttion.
Boring.

Plus where these shills came fromm? Hm...m... p-pi..

Ridicule

"Distortion" has Mark Kozelek vibes, and "Earth" sounds a little more like the Microphones' heavier stuff. The other songs are more like Crow.

Go back fag

low quality bait. Couldn't even hawk this shit on /pol.

Sup Forums needs to off itself and the rest of Sup Forums need to follow in order to stop newfags from pouring in and succing off fantano