Beyond the Black Rainbow

Posting this for people who didn't understand the ending, or think it's all "style over substance".

youtube.com/watch?v=ztaZo-qsrTE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahLiLj79uxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i thought it was just a daft punk music video

interesting. i just saw this for the first time the other day and was very confused by the "shadow" scene.

daft punks electroma was referenced for the look of the film

>the "shadow" scene.
one of the best scenes in film history
youtube.com/watch?v=ahLiLj79uxM

that reviews seems like a bit of a stretch imo

he's digging to deep. would be interesting to listen to the director to see if these ideas were in his mind when making it.

>he's digging to deep.
not really, other people have come to similar conclusions too. like for example the black goo scene subtextually is supposed to represent the psychological concept of the unconscious mind and the Jungian concept of the shadow.

it's easy to come to conclusions if you dig deep enough. don't get me wrong, it's a nice idea.

it was like Neon Demon but without the 'acting'

its all pretty simple, ya know, if you think about it.

>tfw daddy's Tombstone money has ran out

his idea wasn't simple at all, quite far fetched imo. too may strange leaps.

i think i agree more with this guy.

that guys view is pretty much the same as the OPs just not as thorough or explains the psychology of the film.

similar at some points, but he's just better at explaining it without taking ridiculous leaps about squares and circles imo.

>ridiculous leaps about squares and circles
you do know that the director had lots of control over the look and layout of the film right? like kubrick, he was very meticulous with the imagery presented. its not a perfect film or anything but i really dont put it past him to overlook such obvious symbolism

>DUH ENDING

fuck off retard

Ive honestly never made it through the whole movie, and I cant even blame it on the booze.

hey we can all have our theories, nothing wrong with that.

the directors admitted to a lot of them

>the linear arboreal nature of science
the what.

Source? Genuinely interested.

literally the 2001 a space odyssey of this generation

Except all of this shit is made up by people with nothing better to do in a poor attempt to protect a shallow film's integrity. They are so desperate in finding meaning in what is a glorified music video that they'll stoop to such lengths to come up with literally anything that really wasn't put there by the filmmakers involved. It's kind of embarrassing actually.

At least Neon Demon had some depth to it, and had a cohesive plot. "Nothing happens" in BTBR and the only semblance of plot comes at the very end when the girl starts getting chased by the psychotic scientist. It's all just a lot of wankery, but it sure does look nice.

>but it sure does look nice.
sounds nice too

Was he trying to rape Elana?

its kind of embarrassing how you think the director was unaware of the all the encoded symbolism and its completely random or made up. you look like an anti intellectual idiot.

Rape and murder her probably, yes. He was rubbing his crotch with his knife when he entered her room looking for her, i think its implied he was driven sexually too as well as his blood lust/insanity

>encoded symbolism
dude it all hinges on triangles, circles and squares. YOU are the anti intellectual idiot. the arboreal nature of science? give me a break.

i bet the guy in the video was jerking himself off when he made this.

Hey guy are you still here.

this is one of the most pretentious movies i've ever seen, perhaps only beaten by anomalisa.

>dude it all hinges on triangles, circles and squares.
guarantee you didnt even watch the video or even understand the concepts or psychology involved. fuck off, retard. "durr movies cant be complex or challenging cuz i didnt understand it at first!"

you just greentexted my post, that's it? you have nothing to say.

Stranger Things ripped this off so badly I'm surprised nobody seems to have noticed or cared.

Normies don't watch kino, and they're also really adept at plugging their ears to anything that makes their mind uncomfortable