You may not like it, but skramz is what peak punk looked like

Attached: orchid.jpg (895x928, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GiNlYBJ7JBo
derpibooru.org/1301730
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*blocks your path*

Attached: gg.jpg.jpg (408x490, 25K)

Love me some skramz. The Locust, Saetia, the list goes on...

Not really. Pic related, along with the whole band, became horribly dated when My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy came in the picture.

Attached: Orchid_-_ChaosIsMe.jpg (216x216, 9K)

Even thought I'd give those two more emo cred than I think most would be willing to, I think they always have/will exist in different circles to the people that actually listen to them

That being said, all three bands have made some excellent music t b h

that would be d beat and crust, skramz may be the pinnicle of emo maybe, which is an offshoot of punk, but not punk

sorry but no wave and brutal prog are peak punk

Yuck.

never heard of brutal prog and now im not sure if im happy or annoyed that its become an rym tag

God I miss skramz. Anyone in SoCal High Desert area wanna start a skramz band?

I like screamo a lot, but I like crust punk even more.

Also, Orchid was really second rate compared to bands like Pg.99 and Portraits of Past.

>I like crust punk even more.

Attached: 1484529394741.png (430x363, 195K)

> screamo fan calling crust fan "homo"
oh, the irony

I jsut don't like crust punk. Didn't men to call you a homo.

>SoCal
i’m so so sorry

Yeah i know :(

Intense, emotional, dynamic, complex, and doesn't waste your time. You can't really go wrong with screamo. My favorite records are:

Ampere - All Our Tomorrows End Today
Antioch Arrow - Gems Of Masochism
City Of Caterpillar - s/t
Hassan I Sabah/Usurp Synapse - Just Do It!
Jerome's Dream - Completed 1997-2001
Off Minor - Heat Death Of The Universe
Pg. 99 - Document 8

I like crust, too. It's probably my favorite punk metal genre. Like screamo I also like how it can fit a variety of ideas in a short amount of time. My favorite crust is:

Citizen's Arrest - Colossus
Dystopia - Human=Garbage
From Ashes Rise - Nightmares
His Hero Is Gone - Monuments To Thiefs
Nausea - Extinction The Second Coming
Tragedy - S/t
Wolfbrigade - Damned

Yes, you can. You definitely can. The fact is, Screamo is a one-trick pony; it thrives on its edginess. MCR and FOB actually took that already dull post-hardcore sound and improved on it, combining elements of Alternative Rock, Midwest Emo and Pop. They reinvigorated that genre into something worthwhile, which rendered Screamo bands all but obsolete by the early 2000s. Most people believe that Screamo took into a newer, more intelligent direction with the Post-Rock genre, which would be inherently flawed. Post-Rock itself isn't that enticing. Unless multiple instruments are used to enhance the pseudo-elegance of a work, any band can easily attempt a "Post-Rock" atmosphere to invoke authenticity in their otherwise mediocre personalities. Heck, I'd argue that rock music in and of itself has lost its luster. To be honest, there's only so many ways to play some heavy, distorted lick and protrude to the world your inner "anger" using as much cryptic clichés as possible before it just gets all muddled and repetitive. That's the whole problem; rock in general has now exhausted its course. Screamo bands aren't an exception. They only fall in its stereotypes instead of relinquishing them, like a druid corrupting a soul only to be vanquished by the razor of centaurs.

Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance at least made emo/post-hardcore more interesting, by combining it with pop and Alt. Rock, sustaining Rock's longevity in the 2000s. Could the same be said for City of Crass Pariahs or Stay-Away-etia? No.

pop punk is a genre you grow out of at the age of 20 at most. why are you still listening to it? other punk alterations are so much better

Idk man, Screamo already had a pretty diverse sound. That Antioch Arrow album I posted is mid 90s and it has gothic almost cabaret elements to it. Orchid always had a more noisy sound. CoC had the post rock influence which works very well with the dynamic play already existing in screamo. Off Minor had a very technical almost jazzy approach with complex melodies. And Jerome's Dream has done a variety of things. Of bands I didn't list, Gospel did prog with screamo, and Circle Takes The Square did sorta thrash metal with screamo. Yeah it's not the happiest sounding genre on the planet, but it isn't meant to be so and that's fine.

That's cool you enjoy MCR and FOB, but they aren't really my thing. I prefer my takes on such music to be far more energetic, visceral and complex while those bands have a more straightforward thing happening with them. While I believe that in the current decade rock music would be doing much better if it co-opted electronic ideas, I think that would've worked better by finding ways for the electronics to compliment what rock already does rather than using it in ways other genres do like FOB treating electronic elements the some way a pop/dance group would.

I looked up Skramz and ended up finding this: youtube.com/watch?v=GiNlYBJ7JBo
Didn't expect to find a hip hop artist, but this shit is surprisingly good.

Bumping this thread.

Okay, once more.

stop replying to me you fucking disgusting bigot

>pg99
They're good

Im asian

:(

Pic semi related

Attached: 1515494150291.png (1024x749, 770K)

Beautiful picture. Rayman is art.

I can't think of another genre that disappeared like this. The majority of the screamo bands I used to listen to didn't release anything since I grew to dislike it around 2010.

The scene is so gay and libtard over there tho, i'll pass

Attached: 1512939751058.jpg (539x385, 31K)

Fucking die horribly
derpibooru.org/1301730

Attached: Bronies, this is your mindset.jpg (307x156, 24K)

a true oldfag