Remember when American TV shows were so afraid of criticizing the Obama administration that they resorted to making...

Remember when American TV shows were so afraid of criticizing the Obama administration that they resorted to making jokes about a Canadian mayor who smoked crack because they were that desperate for a target?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Crisis_(2011–present)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Civil_War_(2014–present)
youtube.com/watch?v=iU69S7MTgUE
youtube.com/watch?v=DMQF1J73tAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no that never happened
fuck off trumpfag Sup Forums nazi loser kys
you don't get another thread

When the Obama administration fucked up, it wasn't very funny.

A mayor of a major city caught smoking crack is funny.

>desperate for a target
Excuse me? Rob Ford was a fucking comedy gold-mine! How could a comedy news show NOT cover the shit out of him?

Remember when you were shilling for (((Drumpf)))

Rob Ford was actually a great mayor. The only good politician to come from that shithole city and shithole province.

Obama wasn't a good comedy target. He's too reserved, doesn't have a very outlandish personality.

It's hardly liberal bias, faggot. Clinton got roasted constantly when he was in office because he did things that could be exploited for laughs.

Bush Sr was also very difficult to make fun of. Only Dana Carvey's wackiness allowed for decent comedy material there, else it would've been another very dry four years.

This man understands.

You a fellow 30 year old? You sound so much more reasoned than the usual 13 year old shitposters.

>lowest entry approval ratings IN HISTORY
>lost the popular vote by 3 million so less than half of citizens even voted for the guy
>trying to follow a guy who left office with the highest approval ratings IN HISTORY
>your media people admitted they lie about facts and think slapping "alt" in front of everything will make it okay.
>tfw this admin will be alt successful

DNC shills, all of you

Which is even more ironic considering Obama smoked crack

>media does not have liberal bias

come on now

Rob Ford had international appeal and will be sorely missed by all. RIP in piece.

Obama is a Muslim who smokes darts and did coke as a young man.

I've heard that before, can you tell me more about it
why crack?

This. Yes, he smoked crack and partied hard, but he was also one of the best mayors Toronto has ever seen.

>The Daily Show is part of the media
Comedians will get a laugh out of anything that's funny. Obama just wasn't a good target. I'm sorry if that is at odds with the agenda you try to apply to everything in your life. I'm sure you'll grow out of it someday.

Love that the Trumpfags show up in every thread to support any politician who is explicitly sexist, and homophobic.

This. Lowered taxes, genuinely cared for people, partied hard and never got involved in the usually faggotry that pervades Toronto.

>faux news and breitbart arent media companies

By who? The mentally handicapped?

It's alright to have a bias but not when virtually all the major media outlets do. You need a diversity of opinions. I wouldn't consider Breitbart to be a major company either.

Kathleen Wynne btfo

This. The Bill Clinton years were almost as entertaining as the Bush years on liberal late night. Obama was just boring. Alex Jones however made a killing the last 8 years, god bless him.

With Trump in office maybe I'll actually start watching The Daily Show again since I haven't in about 4 years (sans the marathon when Jon was leaving)

Wynne is just the worst that dikes have to offer. What a disgusting excuse for a human being. Imagine after a day of work she goes home to muff dive on some 70 year old vag.

Do you think American liberals will accept that ultimately Obama was a diffident lightweight that dropped the ball on Wall Street, healthcare reform, the Arab Spring, TPP?

Rob Ford was a the last great Canadian politician. He took down the fag flag that the city council flew over town hall.

This photo is still the funniest political scandal to ever happened. Its so fucking perfect i practically looks faked. Fat old white guy with some black drug dealers looking like he's having the time of his life. AND he was a mayor of a major city.

A modern nucky Thompson

RIP

if he were replaced by someone competent, sure
unfortunately he was replaced by Trump so now the Bush years are going to look like the good old days and Obama is going to look like a once in a thousand years statesman by comparison

SNL only made fun of Obama once in 8 years

With the amnesty executive order thing

>never got involved in the usually faggotry that pervades Toronto
He never fucked dogs?

The Obama administration never did anything worth mocking, you pathetic republitard!

>3 million
That number just keeps growing doesn't it?

You fucking underaged retards forgot that eight years of Bush gave rise to the liberal pundits you hate today.

From the War on Terror (TM), Guantanamo, and Desert Storm II: I Hate Sand it Gets Everywhere, the incumbent administration then (or as it were called, Regime) was a fucking goldmine for Jon (((Stewart))) and Friends.

sorry facts hurt friend
if it's any consolation with the republicans in charge they don't matter anyway

What did you mean by this post?

No really, what the fuck are you saying?

Which is funny then, since Obama did very little to remedy this. Watch the documentary Dirty Wars. It paints Obama as the closeted warlord he is

the difference is that Obama wasn't incompetent at it. Libya was quick and didn't drag the US into a trillion dollar war, even if it didn't exactly achieve its aims

both political parties fucking love dropping bombs on brown people. But for some reason only the Republicans turn that into huge boots on the ground for 6 years debacles

Rob Ford didn't do fucking anything, he was just a druggy puppet of some corporate/rich interests behind him

They even killed some people to cover up Ford's behavior lol

And now the fat fuck is dead

>libya was quick
>didn't achieve its aims

That's a failure then

If you could read and have been old enough back then to understand, you would know. Bush and Dicky Dick were practically writing The Daily Show's script for them. That hunting incident alone was a source of material for nearly a year. MadTV was also having a field day with their antics.
>be friends with Cheney
>get shot
Also Cheney's lesbo daughter.

I will add this, though: Dave Chappelle drew great materials for his standup during the first half of that. Dave coming back might be fortuitous coinkydink that will usher in a new era of comedykino.

Rob Ford was a gold mine comedy target, seriously the guy was a goof every waking moment. He was a far more entertaining target than Obama

>destroy a country
>cause a civil war
>media gives you a pass because you are a nigger democrat

really makes you think

>the difference is that Obama wasn't incompetent at it

He was absolutely incompetent at it
>dithered in Egypt over whether the US supported Mubarak or the protestors
>Libya is now a clusterfuck complete with ISIS camps and the possibility of a second civil war
>Syria aka "There's a red line that Assad crossed, but maybe he didn't, idk, I support "moderate" rebels even though everything indicates they're only "moderate" on whether strict sharia law applies to most things or all things
>Yemen. Just, Yemen

Stewart, Maher, and all those other guys became popular because Bush was an easy target.
You know how "coding" suddenly exploded in popularity? Well expect the same increase in the popularity of liberal commentators, not only on TV but also YouTube.

there's failures and there's disasters
Libya was hanging out with a cute girl, thinking you had something going, asking her out, and getting rejected but moving on. Failed its goals, but no massive lasting damage

Iraq was hanging out with a cute girl, thinking you had something going, asking her out, and getting rejected and then spending the next year drunkenly calling her every week, getting arrested for stalking her, and ruining your personal life over not letting it go

>Most watched new is Fox
>Liberal media!!!!!

cont.

Really, it just exposes the liberal conceit that they were never worried about the "human cost" of fucking around in the Middle East that they proudly bleated about during the Bush years, they just thought they could do things better than Rethuglikkkans (Hey, we went to Harvard! We got this)

>With Trump in office maybe I'll actually start watching The Daily Show again

user Stewart is gone and Noah is unwatchably bad.

>Failed its goals, but no massive lasting damage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Crisis_(2011–present)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Civil_War_(2014–present)

>libya
>no massive damage

>remember Outkast being pissed when Bombs Over Baghdad was used as the de facto themesong during the opening hours of Operation Enduring Freedom
>implying the first "liberation" war by Trump wouldn't be marching to this
youtube.com/watch?v=iU69S7MTgUE

Bush wasn't an "easy target" he was a liberal piece of shit that intentionally played the fool to undermine the republican party

Same reason he didn't endorse Trump

Post your favorite Rob Ford moments. Was there ever a more based mayor?

youtube.com/watch?v=DMQF1J73tAY

>libya
>not a massive disaster
>opening the floodgates of africa, destabilizing north africa for the foreseeable future, and causing a snowball of deaths
>not a disaster

but the numbers are completely different. The Libya death toll (including the civil war) is about 10 000, with the highest estimates going up to 30 000

Iraq was at least 150 000 with the highest estimates going up to a million. Plus almost 5000 US troops killed vs. 4 in Libya

I'm talking about a disaster for America you retards
every middle eastern country is going to be a disaster

You're right kiddo

We get another board

>That hunting incident alone was a source of material for nearly a year.

You mean that "joke" that got ran into the fucking ground about a month into it?

>Bush wasn't an "easy target"
Yes he was
>two unpopular wars
>opposed gay marriage
>goofy
His speeches alone were a gold mine. He was a walking meme factory even before memes were a thing.
>intentionally
Not sure about that but it was what it was

Because the neoliberals keep dropping bombs on it.

I once believed the media had no bias and my grandfather was just a crazy old man. Then this election happened and proved he was right about that and I'm afraid to find out what else he was right about.

It's weird having your world view flipped on it's head.

It's a disaster for Europe.
Gaddafi was one of the few things holding back the hordes of economic migrants from africa wanting the pour into the Mediterranean.

So you're saying we killed enough Hajis for them to not invade Europe (again) in Iraq. Thanks Obama.

There were derivatives, ranging from "said something Cheney didn't like; suddenly invited to go hunting" to straight up "My name is Cheney and I will fucking kill you."
His snarling face (stroke?) didn't help. I believe at one point he was compared to Palpatine around the time EpII came out.

But it was a disaster for America. Now we got African immigrants coming into America via Mexico. We had American hegemony almost start WW3 twice. Bengazi happened because of Libya. The whole thing was a mess.

I think it was intentional
Go look at his speeches from when he wasn't president, he talks fine.

It was definitely intentional. Look up any interviews before his run.

I also believe he wasn't that retarded. Nigger doesn't even have a Texan accent originally. Whatever it was he got what he wanted and so did the "liberal media." What I'm saying is that antics like that will make people like Jon Stewart popular.
When your president says shit like "the cyber" expect these guys to latch on to that. It wasn't cool to rip on Obama because he is black. Also because he wasn't a goofball like Bush. Trump, being a privileged white man who was hated by a lot of their audience, is open season. They secretly love Trump winning because they will have a lot to talk about now (again.)

>palpatine is evil
>now it's cool to be called palpatine

Ironic, he could save his reputation but not himself.

even with all of that shit it's nothing compared to Iraq. Bengazhi was 4 people killed vs. 5000 in Iraq. African migrants are a drop in the bucket compared to the Mexicans

I'm not saying Libya was good. I'm saying that compared to all of the shitty things that US foreign policy has done lately there's a reason it doesn't get much attention

Cheney and Palpatine are two similar but incompatible memes.

>Bush and Trump are super-rich Northeasterners who put up fake "I'm just a dumb regular Joe" personas
>Republicans vote for them in droves

>Romney and McCain are serious politicians who don't act like retards
>lose

American politics sound awful

>Trump, being a privileged white man who was hated by a lot of their audience, is open season.

Bush acted like a clown, and did unpopular things, while betraying most of his voter base.
This is a very different thing than Donald Trump who ISN'T at a clown, and does things that helps everyone.

That's generally what happens as votes are counted, retard.

Romney is almost everything wrong with modern politics in one human being. He would only be worse if he was dynasty.

McCain is a scumbag who pretends he was an actual soldier.

>tfw too smart to be president
>tfw no Ron/Rand Paul president

>This is a very different thing than Donald Trump who ISN'T at a clown
He's a different kind of clown, but a clown nonetheless, or at least he does things that are considered to be below the decorum expected of someone who is the President. Expect wig=clown jokes down the line.

maybe, but McCain was also one of the few Republicans to routinely work across the isle with Democrats on important issues and did a huge deal on campaign finance reform so I have a bit more faith in him than most

Romney was pretty shit yeah, but at least he was honest about his economic ideology and things

To Canadians, I'm sure. Americans give no fucks about Canadian politics.

We don't deserve Ron Paul.

Trump breaking conventions is one of the reasons he won

>but McCain was also one of the few Republicans to routinely work across the isle with Democrats
This makes him a RINO
It's not a good thing

Yes and it will also be the source of the thing I was talking about from the start. Learn how not to be a common pleb and separate politics (actual) from TV.

Its pretty cool how rappers eventually saw him as some sort of Scarface character that was 'street' and admirable. Now he is referenced in all kinds of rap songs, I think Drake spoke of him fondly in one of his recent hits.

how is working on important policies the country needs a bad thing? Do you really think 1 party alone has a monopoly on good ideas? That the McCain-Feingold work didn't attack the establishment on both sides?

Lybia was the exact opposite of a disaster before Obama's intervention.. it had one of the highest standards of living in Africa.

>tfw too smart to be president

We ALL know that feel bro

I assure you that nothing Mccain or Feingold have done in their lifetimes have harmed the establishment

Very left cities are usually fond of right mayors usually because it provides a good counterweight. It happens a lot now that I think about it. Very left wing cities usually vote in right wing mayors while the rest of the administration remains left.

fucking hilarious obama bombed browns to death all over the world and you can't say anything because nigger. I bet the CIA ritually jacks off every morning to his portrait

>This is a very different thing than Donald Trump who ISN'T at a clown, and does things that helps everyone.

LOL at this delusion.

that line of autistic retarded revisionism... but what are you gonna do: they are autistic ,they can't help themselves to repeat the same shit over and over and over

>even with all of that shit it's nothing compared to Iraq

Nobody cares about 100,000+ dead sand nigs. The world is a better place with most of them gone. Libya, Syria and all the shit started under Obama has been far worse because it's devastated good, predominately white countries with refugees.

But all that shit started because of Iraq.

It's harmed the christian communities in these areas too

Liberals realized it halfway through his first mandate.

Neoliberals will never accept it.