How do rest of the nordic people see Finns? I have always felt quite distant from other nordics

How do rest of the nordic people see Finns? I have always felt quite distant from other nordics....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CzhyCm_S-Pw
hs.fi/kulttuuri/kirja-arvostelu/art-2000002795140.html
ts.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/721964/Kirja Nain Ruotsin rotuoppi kasitteli suomalaisia
pastebin.com/yew6WVNb
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they hate us because we are stinky uralics and we all have autism

I feel distant to you too breh (southern norway master race)

they seem like friendly people, but I haven't met one before. do they ever leave finland?

"Finland is the baltics of Scandinavia"
T. some swede

"Finland os Mongolia of the North"
t.me

I have been in denmark (in billund legoland)

finns are nordics?

uhhhhh yes???

apparently

they are jelly of our nationalism

They are nordics but not scandinavians

I feel a Connection to them, much as I do to Icelanders, Färöare and Greenlanders. Outside of them not being Scandinavians, I view them quite favourably.

I love Finland. Finnish posters are best posters. I mean that unironically.

youtube.com/watch?v=CzhyCm_S-Pw

I always just assumed it was a term for priest buggering viking scum.

:')

There is a house here with a finnish flag outside. I guess there is probably a finn living there.
Lost of people like finnish metal.
I meet a finnish woman once at a consent.
Other than that Finland (and sweden also) is irrelevant. We only keep in contact with denmark, norway, iceland and greenland.

As a Nordic man from Nederland I consider Finns my natural allies

In parts of Northern Norway, Finland is very relevant and close to heart to many Norwegians.

I live in the southern part of Western Norway though, so I'm actually emotionally (and geographically) closer to UK, Germany and the Netherlands than Finland. They're all also much more popular destinations for travel, education, work and living, and their languages are understood by a lot more people. There's only about 550 Finns living in this region (compared to 5000 Germans, 2500 Brits and 1600 Dutch people), so few have had any form of contact with Finns or Finland here.

It all seems so distant, and the language barrier doesn't help. We grow a bit closer when the winter darkness sets in, when we can share our love for snow, cold, winter sports and so on, but aside from that Finland is very rarely brought up in daily life/media. I'm sure this goes both ways.

Just to make it clear, I don't really feel much of a connection with Germany, UK, the Netherlands and their people either. Sweden and Denmark are really in a league of their own, no competition. We get their channels, shows, movies and music, follow the local news there more closely than elsewhere and generally just share a lot of history and culture. The people of Iceland and Faroe Islands are also considered 'brothers and sisters' to many here, but being so small they get very little media attention and few know much about their islands and way of life.

>finland is very relevant
i love you too östhövel bro

LIES! You are the ones who hate us. We just hate you back in self defense.

Finland was originally considered Baltic. Hitler in his table talks, for instance, listed Finland among Baltic countries, but after WW2 Finns began to larp Nords because Balts got occupied.

That's what it meant originally, it was redefined by Marxists post-WW2 so that Finns would feel less isolated.

What does Hitler saying about it matter

Finns are not Balts

#
>larp Nords because Baltics got occupied

Finns themselves ever called themselves Balts?

And until Finland got classified Nordic after WWII Finland had been independent for a short time, after being under Russian rule (of course a Russian state would not be called "Nordic country") so a classification hadn't maybe been clear yet

And before that Finland was part of Sweden many centuries, even long after that Swedish influence have been huge in our country. And of course Finland didn't go closer to Balts or Russia, but naturally Sweden and Western countries

Aren't you and Estonians the same people?

There's a Finn-Estonian continuum but no

Finns seem bretty cool, I accept you into my heart

They sure as fuck aren't Nordics, either, in fact they got castrated in 20th century Sweden for not being just that.
Balts don't consider themselves to be Germanic, Nordic or Slavic even though they got influenced by all of them. They have some pride in themselves, unlike Finns.

Not completely but there's some common roots

There is regional differences even with Finns, we aren't 100% Uralic really

>got castrated

Source

Most Finns are of the same Finnic origin by blood, nobody gives a fuck about Paleolithic Ostrobothnian inbreds.

finns have the most aryan-protogene in the world so at least i consider myself as "aryan". I'm mathematician so it kinda makes sense for me.

But you want to consider yourself Baltic, wich you are not

hs.fi/kulttuuri/kirja-arvostelu/art-2000002795140.html
ts.fi/uutiset/kotimaa/721964/Kirja Nain Ruotsin rotuoppi kasitteli suomalaisia

Finns= Baltic-Finnic

Baltic sea is central to our identity.

Aryan doesn't equate to Nordic, in fact Nordics got their skull shape from Early European Farmers who Mediterraneans mostly descend from and the local huntergatherers.

>The strongly partriarchal Indo-European elite remained almost exclusively R1b on the paternal side, but absorbed a high proportion of non-Indo-European maternal lineages. Hybridised, the new Proto-Indo-European R1b people would have lost most of their remaining Proto-Europoid or Mongolid features inherited from their Caspian origins (which were still clearly visible in numerous individuals from the Yamna period). Their light hair, eye and skin pigmentation, once interbred with the darker inhabitants of Old Europe, became more like that of modern Southern Europeans. The R1a people of the Corded Ware culture would come across far less populous societies in Northern Europe, mostly descended from the lighter Mesolithic population, and therefore retained more of their original pigmentation (although facial traits evolved considerably in Scandinavia, where the I1 inhabitants were strongly dolicocephalic and long-faced, as opposed to the brachycephalic and broad-faced Steppe people).

Screenshot the text

Castration means cutting of balls, wich appatently wasn't done. Still bad tbqh

BALTIC people are not Finnics

you can't call Finns Baltic just because our ancestors lived there

So Finns are evil invaders who opress the paleolithic natives?

Baltic is the sea. Itämerensuomalainen.

pastebin.com/yew6WVNb

Do any of you Finnish posters know each other irl?

Sori mutta ootko vähän yksinkertanen

"Baltic" tarkoittaa silti täysin eri ihmisiä

Samalla logiikalla suomalaiset voivat olla "Nordic"

Itämerensuomalainen englanniksi on Baltic-Finnic.

Indoeurooppalaiset baltit on kyllä vähän eri juttu.

Castration not mentioned a single time

Still I think those actions were bad

Suurin osa suomalaisesta perimästä juontuu kuitenkin proto-balteilta eikä germaaneilta.

Balto-Finnic on todellakin eri asia kuin Baltics

They were mixed into the Saami thousands of years ago. If you want to find a paleolithic native go to Lapland.

Viro on baltialainen maa vaikka onkin itämerensuomalainen.

Many Finns are l1

Not even half but a decent amount

But they are, for the most part, autosomally Finnic.
Castration is one of many forms of sterilization, they didn't have to go into specifics.

Virolaiset toisaalta kulttuurillisesti ja maantieteellisesti (ja ainakin osittain perimältään?) "Baltteja"

Joten tietysti vähän eri. Riippuu toki mihin raja vedetään

Maantieteellisestikin ollaan enemmän baltteja kuin skandeja, "pohjoismaisuus" on perätön ja naurettava konsepti.

Even sterilization bad but castration much more worse. There was no mention it was committed.

>maantieteellisestikin

Eipä olla kun ei asuta Baltian niemimaalla

Whatever, my original point still stands.

True

Ollaan kuitenkin lähempänä sitä kuin Skandinavian niemimaata.

No jaa

Niiden perinteisistä keskuksista mitattuina, siis, kun Skandinavian pohjoisalueet eivät vieläkään eivätkä varsinkaan esihistoriassa olleet erityisen germaanisia.

Europe is pagan. Go shove your desert fairy tales up your arse.

I'm a German-Turk can I come to your country?

Finland
i
n
l
a
n
d

Everyone who comes must respect our values, be productive, learn the language and not drive down the wage of unskilled labour.

swedes don't do half of that tho

do they get a free pass though since you have so much in common with them? half serious question

They are never here to stay, that's the difference. They just work a season and then go home to study.