Still relevant?

Are guitars becoming obsolete? What can a guitar do that my computer can't?

Attached: Guitar.jpg (355x142, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMgENyMUo
youtube.com/watch?v=SeqNJiq9mYU
youtube.com/watch?v=K6B9XQ4uIyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cry

make rock music

so then they are obsolete

have the little imperfections that are subtle enough for the playing to not sound bad but clear enough to give it a unique character

>R guiTars becoming OBsoletE? whjat Can a Gitar do tAT M Y COmoaut er canoot?
imagine being this retarded.

Attached: 1519338672342.jpg (628x534, 75K)

get you laid

The guitar and any tangible, skill required instrument is soy people repellent. It was relevant 70 years ago and will be 100 years from now.

youtube.com/watch?v=1UNMgENyMUo
youtube.com/watch?v=SeqNJiq9mYU

>Original Posters

Still relevant?

There is still guitar music all over the top 40s you autist

The real question is what can a computer do that a guitar can't? youtube.com/watch?v=K6B9XQ4uIyE

All the guitar parts are done digitally, you autist.

srs question
is the age of guitar rock dead? i haven't heard an original, fresh guitar album this decade. there's some good shit out there, but most of it could be classified as revival or sucking one or two other bands' dicks

Yup. Guitar rock died a long time ago.

>are violins becoming obselete?
The only reason you think your question makes sense is because of the cultural position guitars held as a "cool" instrument. Are they less dominant as the "cool" instrument than they once were? Yes. Are they becoming musically obselete? Of course not. No more than pianos, violins, etc. They've been used for hundreds of years because they're effective instruments. Nothing about that has changed or will change.

>what can do that comp can't
The question has more answers than you ever list. I mean, have you played instruments? I play guitar and make electronic music on computers. Acoustic/acoustic-electric, hand-played instruments have completely different potentials from computer instruments. Some things - a guitar can take the physical input of your finger on a string and translate those into electrical impulses at an infinite resolution in both temporal and spacial dimensions. Extrapolate from that all the differences between a guitar and a computer instrument. The question is silly. They're completely different things that are good at completely different things.

There's nothing new you can do with a guitar. Every melody and trick has been done already

There's nothing new you can do with a computer unless you are a software developer with a very advanced knowledge of DSP.

>a guitar can take the physical input of your finger on a string and translate those into electrical impulses at an infinite resolution in both temporal and spacial dimensions

Pretty sure a computer can do this.

Guitars are much sexier than computers

No, it can't. That's the fundamental difference between physical and software based instruments. Physical instruments run on the infinite resolution, hyper complex system of physics. Software instruments operate on the, comparatively, extremely simple, extremely low resolution systems developed by engineers.

You will never produce the same sound twice from a guitar string. You will never produce a sound that cannot be exactly reproduced from a software synthesizer.

The clearest difference is the most obvious though. What can a guitar do that a computer can't? Be a guitar. Make the sounds that a guitar makes most effectively and with the best interface.

People though the same in every decade, and someone always popped in with something new.
it's a matter of time until a new legend sees the spotlight

Is the human ear really capable of hearing those differences at level that a computer can't produce? If not, then that seems irrelevant.

Is the human ear capable of telling a guitar from a ROMpler? Yes. Stop asking about this if you haven;t actually tried to make your computer into a guitar and realized how shit it is at the things a guitar is good at.

You're right, I haven't tried. I'll try to read up on it more.

>

Attached: 1521237121653.png (400x400, 13K)

>guitar music
>digitally
pure autism