Why is Sup Forums so shit? Don't tell me it's always been shit

Why is Sup Forums so shit? Don't tell me it's always been shit.

Attached: 1499723014001-int.png (634x652, 13K)

The 2016 election changed, not only Sup Forums, but Sup Forums as a whole for the worse.

grimes

it's always been shit

Unironically this.
Also hip hop spam.

Attached: rip.png (1240x420, 144K)

these....""""indie""" in general bought into the social justice nonsense and everything went downhill desu

Attached: 23423.png (644x644, 684K)

>Actually giving a shit about music ''critics''
People who do this are just as bad as Fucktanos

these are all valid. pretty good thread so far actually

average age is 16-20

gee, you tell me

you haven't been here very long, have you? Sup Forums would only touch something if it was pitchfork-approved back in the day
average age is probably lower now

I liked Sup Forums until 2013 it just went stale with generals and seeing the same 30 charts every day.

My case. I discovered Sup Forums in 2014. I was autistic, memes, Pitchfork drone. Etc. I made alot of bait threads, and retard threads. I collaborated on Sup Forums albums. It came to the point that i made a trip code and nearly got DDOSED and exposed because i tried to become some sort of e-celeb troll.

But after 2015, i barely used Sup Forums with this humour. From 2016 to 2017, i just shilled here, posting links to my stuff, my music.

Now in 2018, i only wanna use Sup Forums for this.

if you think social justice was the downfall of this site you're kidding yourself

>social justice
yeah it couldn't be the massive swarm of autists from 2016 or anything
this board has talked about indie for years

Because its a competition to see who can claim to like the most obscure shit.

Hip Hop invasion around 2014 was the beginning of the end, when people unironically started to hype up several major label, generic top 40 rappers. allowed a foothold for normies to latch onto. before then, almost anything a normie liked would have gotten them laughed out of here. /r/ing online music bullies lead teen to suicide pic
also increase of hip hop discussion (a very political genre) lead to regular retarded political arguments which would just end up being name-calling around the time TPaB came out in 2015. I stopped going here around then because in the weeks around its release, i swear at least 30-40% of threads would end up in some kind of heated political debate
I can imagine the 2016 election cycle only made things worse and drove away many oldfags and pseudoldfags (like ~2012 me) to seek greener pastures, getting replaced by the newest wave of redditors

Attached: timo et shimo.png (1000x3000, 603K)

a-aaron?

its because of KingFlex

me ^ again.

In 2018, i'm a 24 year old guy. Shit is different to me.

In my 18,19,20 frame time i was just like the majority who comes here to find some company an feedback. Lonely, right winger, some sort of hipster, fapper, anime lover.

>Hip Hop invasion around 2014
not reading that fake wall

everybody on Sup Forums was wed to pitchfork because it was reliable and relatively unbiased. they got bought by conde nast and started evaluating records "based on their voice in today's social climate". that + grimes was the end

Attached: deancore.jpg (450x539, 37K)

idk the years are all kind blurred for me
but there was like a time when the only hip hop here was like death grips, kanye, and maybe a dash of doom or danny brown
but i just remember months before tpab came out, people were talking a lot more hip hop than i remember there used to be

shit i totally forgot they did. honestly explains what happened. just look at their year end stuff before and after the purchase
toty before: anco, ariel pink, m83, grimes, drake, future islands
toty after: kendrick, kanye, cardi b
aoty before: anco, kanye, bon iver, kendrick, vampire weekend, run the jewels
aoty after: kendrick, solange, kendrick

You dont remember lil b hospin tyler praise and the millions of swag posters?

i have blocked those dark times out of my memory
but yes, the meme rap i remember

Bumping for this thread to continue.

Not sure. Was pretty cool and fun when i started lurking around 11. Was here for a while, left for a while, and now i'm back. Nothing feels right. Feels like stagnation. Not even /metal/ is safe from this rut .anymore.

>All these people agreeing about the state of Sup Forums
>Sup Forums is STILL shit

Attached: 1501038948001-int.jpg (304x412, 47K)

Not enough Asians. Thankfully it seems that problem is going away.