Uh... Guys? This is not a good look for Hollywood or the entertainment industry in general. Will things change in 2017?

Uh... Guys? This is not a good look for Hollywood or the entertainment industry in general. Will things change in 2017?

What is this minge talking about? That fucking rabbit talked nonstop.

"Hollywood's biggest film"
BLEughGHGJH

dumbass

Change? Why? This is awesome.

>literally just mentions capeshit, Star Wars and talking animals in children's cartoons

Also half those characters she mentioned talked non-stop, what is she complaining about?

>freecodecamp.com

hopefully the pendulum will swing back in our direction after going all the way nazi with Drumpf and we can fix these things

The irony that it's two men who are discussing this.

She compared the scripts for each one of the biggest movies in 2016 and found out that, while some of them marketed female characters as the lead ones in their movies, they spoke much less than the male characters.

>people watch cinema that isn't eastern european art house from the 1920's

who gives a fuck

this is female autism

Why the fuck is someone in STEM being featured for commentary?

Better yet, why would a (presumed) person of intelligence even speak on something so retarded?

Are you saying gender equality isn't important? Let me guess, male?

>Make action movies with women in the lead roles
>Why aren't they talking much

Either these dumb cunts don't understand that the typical action hero doesn't speak much or more likely they're trying to have their cake and eat it too by making the movies that push the social agenda that they want and then using them as evidence that they need more movies that push the social agenda that they want even more.

How was it misleading? Like 3 of those movies contains the name of the male protagonist in the title itself.

Don't assume my gender, bigot.

>"In the data gathered, it's shown that Batman in BvS speaks almost twice as much as Superman and close to six times more than Wonder Woman."

Wew

In 4 of those examples the females talk a bit less in proportion to how many there are
In 4 of those examples the females talk a bit more in proportion to how many there are
In 2 of those examples the females talk exactly in proportion to how many there are

I don't get it, how can she complain when the very premise of her argument, the data, spits in the face of her conclusion?

>make action movie with male lead
>male speaks more
>make action movie with female lead
>male speaks more

???

The point is still the same, bro.

Just think, a mere hundred years ago pressing problems in the world were whether or not that cold you caught would kill you, or if your father or husband would come home alive or in a casket from the war. Now our main issues as a society are regarding the amount of words fictional females speak in movies.

What are going to be the biggest problems in 2100?
>Um excuse me but you're 22% white and I'm only 21% white so stop whitesplaining things to me.

When will women realize that white men aren't harming them, they're just playing into the hands of Jews?

>men

It doesn't matter that in one movie a female character talks more than another male character. The fact that in all of those the vast majority of secondary characters are male makes it not balanced at all.

>someone in STEM
>coding camp

fucking lel

Doesn't Rogue One have one female lead and several male leads?

Does she really want female leads to talk 3x/4x as much as each of the male leads?

>Just think, a mere hundred years ago pressing problems in the world were whether or not that cold you caught would kill you, or if your father or husband would come home alive or in a casket from the war. Now our main issues as a society are regarding the amount of words fictional females speak in movies.

Only in the """"""""""""""""""developed""""""""""""""""""" world. Welcome to the fall of the human race.

>female side character name isn't even in the title
>women are surprised she doesn't have more lines
?????

>The fact that in all of those the vast majority of secondary characters are male makes it not balanced at all.

Its almost like movies with primarily female casts arent as popular........

never

Maybe, just maybe, they're not as popular because men and women have been taught by marketing to think movies with female leads are 'girl things' while movies with male leads are for everybody?

The hot thing now is "intersectionality". Basically being a black, trans, and gay woman means you have more brownie points than other women.

The recent womens marches were criticised for referring to female genitals because that excludes women with a penis.

It's like a russian doll of oppression. White men have to kowtow to white women who kowtow to black women whi kowtow to gay black women who kowtow to gay black trans genderfluid muslim women

>change Zootopia from its original and much more interesting plot so the rabbit could be the main character
>still not enough

gas 'em I say.

>they will count the lines on Wonder Woman
>Pine will have 75% of the lines because Gadot can't act
>they will get triggered as fuck

Can't wait

>Maybe, just maybe, they're not as popular because men and women have been taught by marketing to think movies with female leads are 'girl things' while movies with male leads are for everybody?

muh invisible boogeyman

hang yourself roastie

How do we fix this for our girls?

>The recent womens marches were criticised for referring to female genitals because that excludes women with a penis.

>can't reproduce
>complain that reproductive rights discussion doesn't include trannies

petitions, hashtags, and marches

That isn't real
It can't be

>muh children

liberals are literally morphing into 1990s republicans fucking lel

I want a remake of Triumph of the Will, but with Hitler played by a woman. Just long monologues and speeches by a woman, and everyone cheers for her. It will be the most feminist, gender equal movie ever.

This guy is right, you know? Why couldn't Jyn Erso's father be a mother instead? Why is Hollywood afraid to cast older women? It would change nothing plot-wise and it would be another cool female character for the movie.

Many Rogue One characters could have been female, but weren't for no reason at all.

needs to be directed by a man though for top gender bending

We need to do something about this. It's 2017.

>Many Rogue One characters could have been female, but weren't for no reason at all.

And making them female would serve no purpose as well

also
>star wars

who gives a shit

>We need to do something about this. It's 2017.

yes it is

now bait somewhere else

>Disney princess movies
>a term that was started because of Sleeping Beauty
>a movie where the princess spent the entire fucking time sleeping

What the fuck were they expecting

explains why shit like
>wait brown people are immigrating? WHITE GENOCIDE
are a thing

>And making them female would serve no purpose as well

It would help with the gender equality.

you rightwingers have had it too good for too long now we're going to take over

nice to see that the board that believes Jews control the media and use marketting to make us crave black cock and end the white race suddenly thinks it has no impact on behaviour

kek as heck

back to stormfront

They can't into logic.

but then some of them might get killed and we can't have that

it's a twitter post with 13 likes and 5 replies

the tactic you're looking at here is called "strawmanning" It's Sup Forums actively seeking out a fringe opinion and blowing it out of proportion so they can argue against it rather than what liberals actually believe

That's why so many of Sup Forums's liberal cringe material comes from empty tumblr and twitter boards, because it's retarded crap liberals don't believe but that serves as great fuel for their two minutes hate

It would be ok if there actually were female soldiers in the Empire, but I guess that's too much to ask for as well, right?

Even TFA had to make it a big deal that a female was a stormtrooper, instead of just fucking making it a common thing.

We need to stop listening to women

>the tactic you're looking at here is called "strawmanning"

Its 2017 shitlord, women can have penises too

Look at how brave and beautiful this woman is

Yeah, because there wasn't half a million whiny cunts in Washington this weekend.

>It all started with a badly timed bald joke

>born just in time to see it all go down in flames

JUST

We've basically got to the point in society where we're afraid to call out the mentally ill because we fear be ostracized or being labeled a bigot. We are enabling shitty people to ruin everything because they cant be happy with themselves. It isnt about doing the right thing, its about a collective of assholes wanting to feel superior to other people

Interrupting this thread because I autistically sent a girl "guess what?" as a text message and have no idea what to say next

Help me Sup Forums, she's a qt virgin and I can't fuck this one up

Text her the entirety of Elliot's manifesto, chicks love that shit

It's already too late.

>making them female is irrelevant, so it should be the default male

I think this probably happens unconsciously. If the character's gender is irrelevant, a male writer will still make it a male character

>Basic terminal navigation commands.
What's so absurd about that? You do realize the code was on the TOP half, right?

Type "I really like you" next and see what she replies with. You got nothing to lose, since the loneliness is already yours. If she ignores it, at least you won't regret having said nothing later in life.

yes, there were a million women marching for women's rights. that's an actual leftist viewpoint

The idea that the movement is illegitimate because it doesn't cater enough to women with dicks is not an actual leftist viewpoint, and is held by one nutjob on twitter and 13 people who liked her comment

>Movies with 50% female representation aren't that successful.
If you really wanna hammer this point home, ask how many successful movies in 2016 were made by female directors, or ask what percentage of successful movies were made by women at any other year in history?

She said "aww"

Why is it when people want "equality" they literally want a 50/50 split in everything? Do they not realize that's an unrealistic goal and anybody trying to enforce that would make the end product seem off?

We've already gone through this, Hollywood marketing has two separate categories for movies: the ones for both genders (male-centric films) and the ones for girls (female-centric films). This has to change.

Now ask if she wants to watch La La Land with you. Buy some condoms.

No. Fears of mass immigration and losing one's culture have always been around.

That's what a male would say.

>Hollywood.
How many successful independent films were made by women?

She's 10,000 miles away

>This has to change.
It doesn't. And it won't.

>long distance relationship

Then kill yourself, my man. Never start long distance relationships.

t. Male.

How they fuck do they have time to literally just sit there and create these charts and numbers.

Hell how would you even really determine this at all.

So what are well written strong female characters? First one that comes to mind is Ellen Ripley

Jyn didn't kill enough stormtroopers herself.

Also, the Rebel guy helped Jyn by giving her a group of men who will fight on the battle ground for her.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

WHY THE FUCK DO THESE FEMINISTS JUST WANT FEMALES TO DO ALL THE WORK

As for Harley: she pretty much held herself up and the extended cut showed a scene where she bitches to all the Squad which was great (but WB cut that out of the theatrical).

Besides, the original cut of Suicide Squad basically showed Harley as more of a strong person who rejects the Joker's abuse but for some reason the test audience decided they wanted Joker and Harley to be romantic and for Harley to be romantically a follower of Joker...

t. White Knight

>Man with boobs

No

Who gives a shit? Being rememberable is better than talking the whole fucking movie

It's not a strawman if it exists.

>rememberable

the word you're looking for is "memorable".

an insane murderer is a strong female character role model for women fuck women are dumb

>movie about war and death
>mostly men
Gee, I wonder why. It couldn't be because girls are weak both physically and mentally, could it?

Jyn's problem wasn't that she didn't talk enough, it's that she had no real personality. That's not a sexism thing, that's a shit movie thing.

spot on. the force awakens at least had a charming, fun and able-to-act female lead, and while rogue one works way better in every other regard, the character of the lead is just not there, it could be a man and it would not change, meanwhile with rey the feminine quirks are part of the character

Yeah, but she's important in this day and age. Girls need to see heroes they can identify with on screen.

Oh I am laffing