Why did punk/post punk age so much better than everything else from the 70s...

Why did punk/post punk age so much better than everything else from the 70s? It still sounds modern while stuff like disco, hard rock, etc. sounds extremely dated

Attached: pink flag.jpg (600x600, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PkcDFl-Db5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you like post punk because post punk was white dudes with guitars who shamelessly stole dub and disco from PoC and Queers while rebranding it as omg so experimental

Quiet now, young one.

wasted trips

I'd agree with you if what they stole from didn't age so poorly. And by the looks of the AIDS epidemic those poc and queers didn't age too well either

bait

I wouldn't say it sounds "modern" but post-punk and punk bands were rejecting the 70s tropes in the process of creating their genres, so their music feels less tied to a certain era than the rest of the stuff that was part of trends does.

A lot of disco sounds fine still
>race makes the music good or bad

bitch shut up
based

BAIT

This isn't true at all. In fact i would argue that the majority of post-punk didn't age well at all because the more experimental shit ended up just being a stepping stone for other forms of music to be made later while the main stuff all wasn't very consistent on an album level, usually having one or two great tracks with a lot of filler. The only real exception to all this, if it even counts as post-punk (it doesn't,) is Marquee Moon. Based on relevancy alone I would easily say that Zeppelin and Floyd's 70s material aged better.

Because songs about serial killers are always timeless classics.

youtube.com/watch?v=PkcDFl-Db5M

The same reason that a lullaby will age well

It's actually a really good question, though I would say krautrock has managed to stay fresh sounding as well.

Also, with the 80s - why do 80s hardcore, death metal, and alternative rock still sound so fresh, while hair metal, new wave, and early hip hop all sound so ridiculously dated?

because most popular rock music made after it is it's derivative. alt rock, indie rock, etc

>race makes the music good or bad
but you can't deny the implicit racism inherent in the concept of the rockist cannon

Hair metal just watered down the hard rock that came before it. New wave and hip hop are more tech reliant so unless you can appreciate them for a particular aesthetic that stuff unfairly ends up being badly aged.

this

lol what? liking and emulating cool music made by black dudes isn't racism lmao. you're the racist here.

Because it was a deliberate reaction to disco and 20 minute guitar solos, punk made virtuosity seem lame, i think disco and all those love songs probably seemed a lot more irritating at the time but we hear them with an ironic nostalgia goggle ear now

Attached: 22333.jpg (680x598, 48K)

Pic posted is GOAT, and PAF!

Fodderstompf by PIL is a fine example of what you're talking about.