Can anyone explain to me why they're still playing baseball...

can anyone explain to me why they're still playing baseball? it's almost november and the "boys of summer" are just starting their postseason? wouldnt it make more sense to shorten the season a bit? nobody really cares about baseball once football starts

NFL ratings are dropping and MLB ratings are going up. Baseball's scheduling is just fine.

>shorten the season
Yes, this please. I can't be bothered to watch this boring sport during the season, but playoff baseball is usually pretty good.

did football start? october has always been the month of the postseason, november baseball is as kino as it gets, usually a game 7 of the world series

early season football is the worst kind, everything is completely different than it will be in 10 weeks, everyone who's good now will be shit later, happens every year.

Might as well complain about football being played in January

October 5th isn't almost November.

They should move kneelegg forward. Baseball is THE American sport.

Football is a reality tv show pretending to be a sport.

baseball will survive another two hundred years or whatever, football as we know it has less than fifty to live

it's not almost november it's barely october

aww, did mommy take your fidgey spinney away?

maybe if ur a good lil boy theyll get you a switch for xmas!!

mm it's fine. It's the ultimate comfy sport that gets intense as fuck in the postseason. And there's a lot of records you can't break if there's only like 80 games a season.

I've always found the first couple weeks the best, when it's all a nonsensical clusterfuck and the Bills are still stuffing the razors in

By week 7 or 8 you can safely pick most of the division winners, and then by 10 it's all just on cruise control and the only thing to keep an eye on is injuries

>wait all year for handegg
>it finally arrives
>team starts 0-3 making it statistically impossible with a 99% confidence interval to make the playoffs
>bored after week 4
>pick it up again week 16 or so
>handegg ends, can't wait until next year
>reply or your mom dies in her sleep tonight
>repeat cycle

Only reason I would like baseball to be moved back by maybe a week or two is so it doesn't run the potential to be rained out snowed out. I love muh ole American past time but Fuck playing baseball in the snow. Not fun or entertaining like football in the snow

bump. this is a dead sport and it is as boring as shit. continue to rip it apart

>t. DeVolcanus LeEldred Washington-Jackson

Fuck off
Baseball is perfect if they either ban Sonny Gray or institute a pitch clock

>Bills, Rams, and Lions leading their divisions
>prior to last night, Patriots weren't even seeded
early season football is great. Only time "parity" actually works before the memes die and we're back to boring reality where the same teams are in it every season

Basically all they need to do along with forcing batters to stay in the box. And link homeplate umps with pitchtrax through some kind of google glass/augmented reality device.

Speed up pitching changes, as well. No warm up pitches on the mound.

>its almost november

>it's almost november
it's practically Christmas already

I haven't seen any evidence MLB ratings are going up

must be all that black cock in your face

>There are people who still want to watch CTE Kneel Ball?

Meanwhile the NBA playoffs go on for like four months

Hi Roger, stop killing off the NFL and I'll watch it again.