You can only post in this thread if you're safe when Yellowstone Erupts

You can only post in this thread if you're safe when Yellowstone Erupts.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hello

Euro Fags are welcome

How can a vulcano be that destroyable?

Reporting in but doubt anyone would be safe if Yellowstone Erupts. Shitposting on this site would be unbearable, studies have shown that too much memes are actually unhealthy for you.

>OIL-TO-296
>9999
What does it mean...?

Guten Tag

if it erupted like that again, NA would be fucked no matter where you live and the rest of the world would be plunged into a mini ice age for years.

so you wouldn't really be safe anywhere.

>tfw my garden just gets fertilized

It's a big ass fucking volcano that spans miles wide.

Nice digits Sven.

Why is every different version of this map have a different range?

Nobody would be safe, wouldn't the cloud cover and eventually kill every plant?

How much thickness = death?

Does safe mean yellow? Or can I be slightly in the orange and be considered safe?

Orange and yellow are safe

1,000 is literally the immediate kill area when it erupts.

Don't breathe it in, get a gasmask.
Very little.
And it would make a mini-ice age so only places like africa or southern europe would be fit for habitation.
Although the aftermath would make shit bloom like jellyfish

If Yellowstone erupts the whole planet is doomed in 10 different ways

South Florida reporting

>mfw in the light yellow
not as bad as it could've been

WTF?!?

Oil's only at like 47 right now, if it jumps to 296 that means PEAK OIL

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP KEK IS STARTING THE GLOBAL MELTDOWN

Because Geology

> that ash layer was laid down in the Late Creatious give or take 60 billion years

Nobody is fucking safe, it will cause a new global ice age.

>Implying the whole planet wouldn't be fucked because of this.

That ash is going to cover the whole world and it's going to cool the climate a whole lot for few years, resulting in mass global starvation.

It would probably cause a 4 year winter..

Hmm.. where have I heard that before?

>ragnarok.jpg

>resulting in mass global starvation.
>it's like green houses don't exist or anything

Mfw southern Nevada and is probably gonna die unless immediate evac

Wouldn't the global winter effect caused by it starve 90% of the world anyways?

Consider the Ozone layer gone after yellowstone user.

same lad
won't even feel a thing

breathing through a wet shirt in the hours afterwards would probably protect your lungs from the microglass

otherwise you drown in your own blood as your lungs fill with it.

Correction

You can only post in this thread if you are temporarily safe when Yellowstone Erupts

Everyone aside from Europe is gonna die. It will be ebin.

South Texas reportan
Wew

trips of pure ownage

That 90% are asians, south americans and niggers desu
it would make southern europe and coastal areas pretty good though
If i were to make a contingency plan then find a nearby river and start a settlement, grow some food and plant forests that you can burn down later to attract animals when it regrows

How safe is Michigan?

are you fucking retarded? educate your self you little shit piss

depends how far south the air current is when it pops

t. atlantic

>commiefornia is in the orange

It would be a nuclear winter, yeah. Whole world would be fucked.

Bill Bryson wrote about it being the worst thing that can likely ever happen in A Short History of Nearly Everything.

>tfw we have a farm in southern Europe
Now we just need some weapons and Aidan Gillen and we are set.

Is there any safe place to go when Yellowstone erupts? Maybe a small island off the coast of Australia or something?

I'm quite sure jews taking over the world is worst scenario possible and not some volcanic eruption.

soooo, should we try to MAKE it blow up then?
would cleanse the whole world, except the pillars of civi-

sorry can't stay serious, that would doom humanity even more... the rest of humanity... being cucks ha ha... ha

It would likely kill us all through volcanic winter.

Ash would be spread worldwide, lowering the overall temperatures drastically for years. Although I am """safe""" here west of Ottawa.

Cool

Ayy lmao!!!!

San Diego fag here, I'll inherent the country's ashes

Guys what the hell is this?

There's been YUGE seismic activity over the last two days out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean (about 700 miles from Iceland/1000 miles from Greenland).

nope. the whole world will be fucked

Ich schmeiß dir gleich die Prügel raus du Kaschper

Another site.

Has all of this memeing awakened Cthulhu?

how can anyone be safe if it's going to freeze the entire world.

>10 km depth

Don't we have some deal with Australia,to relocate millions of burgers there?

When will yellowstone errupt?

Major seismic activity in the ocean is never a good thing.

>tfw Georgia master race

Interesting but nothing to worry about.

Even if there was a 10.0 quake there(Which these fault lines can't produce) no countries would be effected by a tsunami.

seriously though... who the hell does not know about the yellow stone super volcano!?

IDS HABBENING

>safe
I live in central Florida, I think I'll be okay. Close enough to the equator to not completely freeze to death.

Amen brother, Blue Ridge reporting

they're literally called mid ocean ridges, they cause sea floor spreading, its normal.

>Current geologic activity at Yellowstone has remained relatively constant since scientists first started monitoring more than 30 years ago. Another caldera-forming eruption is theoretically possible, but it is very unlikely in the next thousand or even 10,000 years. Scientists have also found no indication of an imminent smaller eruption of lava.

That's actually extremely shallow for an earthquake.

Pennsylvania here.

If be safe. Mini ice age? I wish.

Sounds comfy

>tfw just on the edge of the orange
I've got a gas mask and a few filters, I think I'll be okay.

No one would be safe if it were to go up. It would be an extinction-level event.

Upstate South Carolina reporting in. AKA the best place on Earth to live.

>3-10mm

It's literally nothing. The first time it rains, it will all wash into the soil and we'll have amazing crop yields for years to come.

Whole world would be fucked. North America would just die quicker.

Nobody is safe when yellowstone blows, this map shows the initial eruption and who is going to be vaporized or buried under 40 feet of ash, it will keep erupting and will blot out the sun for 10 years.

85% of the population will die.

>mfw I'm on the edge of pink

I guess that means I'm dead, huh.

>very edge of the orange zone

Alright.

Nobody's ever truly safe, OP. What if I survive Yellowstone and then someone stabs me to death to steal my belongings? It really makes you think.

It would fuck up our climate and likely trigger an ice age, but the Yellowstone super volcano erupting wouldn't be an extinction event. It'd be a roll the clock back and reset humans kinda deal.

>last eruption 600k years ago
Fug, look at this shit

coordinates
44.400352, -110.457996

why is this lake in yellowstone named after the people who think it will erupt again?

no one should be posting in this thread

I do not think you understand the magnitude of the event. Maybe google Plymouth, Montserrat to understand and project to the whole of the USA.

This must be semi old info. It's right about it being constant, but since then we've found out the caldera blows very consistently once every 600,000~ years. We've been able to map the ash cloud from every single eruption. The last time it erupted was 640,000 years ago. It's due to blow.

The odds of Earth getting sterilized by an Asteroid are much higher than a supervolcano actually causing an extinction event. There's little evidence to suggest a supervolcano could even do this.

EVERYBODY TO MIAMI

Uh. Kentucky here. What constitutes safe?

A volcano can't kill more than a few million people at once, but the lack of sunlight will kill almost every human on earth.

Fellow Renofag?
We miss ght be ok, head towards lake tahoe and make caves.
Pry donnerparty it
Maybe learn to live like paiutes.
Need masks

Says the person living in the zone of death.

I live outside the zone and will live.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

>This event caused a global volcanic winter of 6–10 years and possibly a 1,000-year-long cooling episode.
>Link between the eruption and a population bottleneck in human evolution

Yellowstone is more dangerous.

>Implying the volcano isn't part of the plan

Sorry, phone auto correct.
* might be

No, because if it would, there would be no plants today.

I heard NK are working on new technology to manipulate plate tectonics. Stay tuned, soon to be happening.

wouldn't this nuclear winter affect only the northern hemisphere?

You underestimate humans.

While it's likely that most Americans would die from the blast, ash or nuclear winter, around the globe there would be many people to survive the impending ice age. Keep in mind, even in the teeth of an ice age, glaciers don't cover all of North America.

I was scared of Yellowstone before. But now...
Is there anything i can do to make sure i'm apart of the 10% of humans to survive? Believe me i will eat children and rob families if that's what it takes

>dat pic
Fuck raven is best girl waifu material