How long do you give a boring movie before dropping it...

How long do you give a boring movie before dropping it? If its some 'classic' or famous movie do you see it through to the end for the sake of having seen it?

shameless bump for survival

Are you talking in the theatre or just watching a movie in general? I don't like walking our of theatres, I figure I pay for the experience of watching either a bad movie or a good one.

>I don't like walking our of theatres,

Same, especially after having paid alot of money to see it. If I watch a movie in the theatre and it sucks I usually get back at them by completely trashing the place. Throwing popcorn and soda everywhere

Whatever I choose to watch, I try my best to make it to the end.

I am also an awful baby in an adult's body. If a waitress at a restaurant serves me a bad meal, I throw the food in that useless bitch's face

20-23 seconds

Very, very rarely will I give up on a movie, and boredom isn't a good enough reason.

If its a shitty sci fi movie or something of simmilar quality i give up after at most half an hour.

But Vertigo, which for some fucking reason is a classic, is literally one of the most boring films ever made and yet i forced myself to watch it twice just because people say thats what you have to do.

If you know someone who normally doesnt have the patience for films and you want to literally bore them to death, show them Vertigo.

if this were fucking true i would've missed out on some great kurosawa. almost all his films start out boring as fuck. tarkovsky did the same thing to reward the audience's patience and punish all the normiefags

i realized recently that i have the patience of a stone when it comes to movies and it throws my taste severely out of wack from normal people's. i almost never get bored watching a movie and even if i do get bored, or if i find myself actively disliking something, i'll still try to grudge-match it to the end.

there's only a handful of movies i've given up on. i think the last one was In Vanda's Room a year ago. it's a three hour long Portuguese movie about the rambling conversations of slum dwellers with each scene shot from a single static angle and half in hour i just knew there was no way i was going to give it my full attention to the end.

>I usually get back at them by completely trashing the place. Throwing popcorn and soda everywhere

I love this post because even though it's a troll, I'm 99% certain there are grown men on Sup Forums that are big enough children to do this kind of thing, probably after seeing some capeshit movie

If it's a classic and I'm not into it, i'll turn it off and watch it when im in the right headspace

Usually I get bored if nothing happens in 20 minutes or so but I won't dismiss a movie until about 35-40 mins in.

>three hour long Portuguese movie about the rambling conversations of slum dwellers with each scene shot from a single static angle
>look it up
>Criterion Collection

Yeah that checks out.

you dont have to do anything you dont want to.

It's unusually interesting for them, most of the CC titles proper are middlebrow crap.

>How long do you give a boring movie before dropping it?
About 10-20 minutes. If a movie is boring in the first 20 minutes it's probably not going to get any better. You don't need to wait for a climax to happen before seeing something has piss poor writing, bad choreography, bad costumes, etc.

i normally watch it all it, no matter what. even if i split it up between 4 watch sessions,
i like the feeling of saying "yeah i watched that"

5 minutes my good man

I tried to watch gosford park 3 times. 3 times. To impress a girl. Fell asleep every time.

fucking, agreed. Vertigo is like a student film with star actors.