FX's Legion

FX's Legion

>youtu.be/BbBCOkpNMWM
Anyone looking forward to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UXfdatSEgnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all right, last bump, guys.

no love for fargo showrunner? well, here's hoping.

Looks alright. This character is insanely powerful in the comics. He's basically omnipotent when you combine the powers of all his personalities. Pretty hard to translate that to TV.

Dan Stevens will probably be good

is it related to x-men?

or that movie with Dennis Quaid from a few years ago?

The show won't be related to the x-men movies but he's Xaviers son in the comics.

They made a TV show based on the atrocious Quaid movie

Well, don't start with him in perfect form. Most of his appearances don't have max Legion and even the ones that do tend to not give him much control at that. The impression I got from the trailer I saw is that he's not very aware of his power's nature and most of the show is him gonna be finding out who he is. I imagine most of the heroes in the cast will be his alternate personalities without him knowing.[/spoiler[

seems confusing man

I phrased that poorly. This tv show has nothing to do with the Quaid movie. The show they based off that is called Dominion

Why did they recast Paul Bettany? He was brilliant in the amazing movie.

There is a X-Men universe (Pretty much like MCU), the only movies that are part of that universe are: First Class, DoFP, Apocalypse and Deadpool so far (Probably Logan will be too)

Old X-Men movies and Wolverine movies are not part of that universe. In the same way Legion won't be part of that universe, it will happen in another universe where probably are mutants too, also in the comic books Legion is the son of Charles Xavier, we don't know if they will mention this or not.

Old X-men movies take place in the same Universe no? The timeline was altered so the events of those movies never happened but they still took place in the same universe.

Also, Jackman recently said that Logan will be set in an alternate timeline.

Really though, Fox doesn't give a flying fuck about continuity making sense in their movies.

Because Paul Bettany is now part of MCU, he can't be in another superhero TV series or movies.

You're confusing the user even more, mate.

Plus the X-men timeline is:
First Class, Origins Wolverine [before adamantium], DoFP [past], Origins Wolverine [after adamantium], X-Men, X2, X3, The Wolverine, DoFP [future]
First Class, Origins Wolverine [before adamantium], DoFP [past], Apocalypse

Don't worry it's not connected to anything, so there's no "required reading" as it were.
Just go in and enjoy.

>Really though, Fox doesn't give a flying fuck about continuity making sense in their movies.
No they don't. There has been 4 actress playing Jean Grey, 3 guys playing Cyclops, 3 different Stryker and 2 TOTALLY different Emma Frost, Archangel and Blink (Like different characters at all, not only different actors).

Old X-Men movies are part of an alternate universe, stuff like The Wolverine and DoFP future are part of alternate timelines, but old movies are definitely set in a different universe.

>Old X-Men movies are part of an alternate universe

They've simply been erased. IF it were alternate though, I wouldn't mind 'Logan' taking place in it after DoFP future segment.
This way Wolverine didn't go back in time, save mutant-kind, only for them to be wiped out again.

But yeah, let's just leave it at this:
>Fox doesn't give a flying fuck about continuity making sense in their movies.

No, Origins Wolverine is not part of it. In DoFP Emma Frost is a grown up woman in the 60s and dies after those events. In Wolverine Origins which takes place in the 90s we see a teenager Emma Frost, a kid Cyclops who uses his powers and was captured by goverment, but then in Apocalypse which takes place in 80s we see a teenager Cyclops who just discovered his powers.

Dan Stevens will be fun to watch, just hope the supporting cast isn't Network Television-tier.

The movie was shit, my man.

Bettany was great though. Shame about the MCU crap and how sterile Vision and the entire project became. Disney is a fucking cancer.

Dan will be good anyway, and FX is just about the best production network on television.

You're retarded. Origins Wolverine [before he gets adamantium] takes place before 1973 DoFP.
Everything after 1973 is rewritten.

Fox X-men just has many, many, film continuity errors. Characters appear in different timeframes due to their negligence.

I thought all marvel shit would be on Netflix?

>Logan takes place in the in a post-apocalyptic 2029 after the Epilogue of Days of Future Past

Jesus Christ this timeline shit is FUCKED six ways from Sunday

Seems like a weird obscure character to make into a series. Might be interesting if they remove themselves from the X-Men series and make it it's own thing. If they try too hard to connect it to the universe it will be dumb.

X-Men isn't owned by Marvel, it's owned by Fox.

X-men is Fox, thus FX Networks.

Marvel let them make it.

So what the fuck is the show going to be about? Is it a character drama, or is there going to be a big bad that Dan can quip out while fighting with bad CGI?

Please be the former

So... what did Fox give Marvel in order to be able to do this? Because they don't have the TV rights for X-Men, Marvel do.

The first tv series from MCU was on ABC, and it's the only series to actually have movie characters in it.

And Inhumans is going to be on ABC as well.

The TV rights are actually owned by Marvel, which means some sort of deal was done. I suspect there may be some characters in Infinity War that people weren't expecting...

Well, that and Agent Carter

It'll probably be more of the former. The creator is the guy who made the Fargo tv show, so it definitely won't be MCU type shit.

Yeah, and Cloak and Dagger (or Marvel's BLACKED) will be on Freeform.

>tfw McAvoy/Stewart guest star episode never ever
>tfw Dan will never get a Legion movie
>tfw Charlie will never get a Daredevil movie
>tfw X-Men movies have pretty much all been shit films overall

hold me

>The creator is the guy who made the Fargo tv show, so it definitely won't be MCU type shit.
yeah, no quips.

fuck yeah, I like Stevens he was great in The Guest. Watching this.

>>tfw X-Men movies have pretty much all been shit films overall
KEK no user, X2, First Class, DoFP have been great. X1 and Deadpool have been good. However Wolverine movies and X3 were utter and complete shit even worse than MCU.

Where was Agent Carter? ABC too?

but those weren't the same Emma or Cyclops.

Ill give a shot but I expect more out of it than the average CW superhero schlock

Marvel isn't making this. Why do you think it's on FX instead of ABC?

All of Origins is non-canon now, according to everyone involved with the franchise.

Aubrey Plaza's in it?

This should be interesting.

R.I.P. Taylor Kitsch

Christ, she looks coked up, on purpose I presume. Then again so does he.

I can't put my finger on it but I have no idea what the fuck this show's game is, yet I feel inclined to watch it.

>The Americans
>Atlanta
>Fargo
>Legion
>Taboo

Goddamn FX, give me some breathing room.

The Americans is my absolute favourite. Fargo is a spectacle too.

Is Taboo any good? Worth checking out?

If you like the period and Tom Hardy grunting and acting like an absolute madman, sure.

Really though it's a costume drama that, without spoiling too much, appears to be going full blown supernatural.

The title is a misdirection

To follow that up, it's painfully apparent that this was a story thought out ahead of time, so each episode doesn't really have any beginning or an end, it's just an 8 hour movie, shown 1 hour at a time.

In the age of internet dumps, it's sort of frustrating, but I guess it's a credit to the show's knack for hooking you with almost nothing on the lure.

tl;dr Fuck you Bane, leak the 4th episode already, I'm fiendin' here

L E G I O N

There's no one timeline. It's a multiverse.

No it isn't.

It is. All movies and books and shows exist in a multiverse.

>>>/reddit/

Hugh Jackman and James Mangold funnily enough just announced that Logan takes place in a different universe to the DOFP timeline.

So I'm gonna see it because of the Fargo creator, what's this Legion character? What does he do, what kind of personality does he have, what kind of powers does he have?

Isn't this guy Professor X's son with Moira and the reason Age of Apocalypse happens?

This is the only reason it's even on my radar. I think there's a good chance it'll be kino, since Noah Hawley seems to know what he's doing.

>it's another shill thread on Sup Forums
Pass.

early reviews are saying its amazing
im so ready

can we talk about how boss fucking dan is and how he's picked some awesome roles

You guys always talk about him, so I hope his career picks up.
Legion plus Beauty and the Beast. Good year for him.

Hope Legion's a sleeper hit. And Beauty and the Beast, may get bad reviews, but it may put him on people's radar.

Oh it will be trust me. I love Dan Stevens but I'm not willing to watch FX series tier trash.

looks bad.

Probably unwatchable sober.

DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO

not really

They did?

youtube.com/watch?v=UXfdatSEgnA