ITT: God-tier Tropes

ITT: God-tier Tropes

Protagonist and Antagonist genuinely care for each other

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
youtube.com/watch?v=oHksDAB9vOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Prince of Egypt was a pretty fun movie.

is it a trope if it's an adaptation of story from like 2500 years ago?

literal animetione kino

Any other movies out there where this is the case?

>story

it actually happened, so maybe you should use a different noun

Yes

Based on historical records you can likely date Moses from somewhere between 1790-1475 BC. Likely to either Sobekhotep III or Thutmose II in all likelihood.

Tfw the best hero villain dynamic is where they both want the same thing but a complex philisophical dissgreement leads them to being unable to reconcile.

See vader and luke
Smith and neo
Batman ras al gul

The GOAT!!!

i was under the impression that there's no archaeological that the jews were ever in Egypt and the Moses story was just a cultural myth

Revenge Of The Sith

I don't think you understand what trope means

myths are often times bizarre takes on the truth

Jews were in Eygpt, there's just debate whether they were slaves or not because it could've been a mistranslation

They were never straight up called Jews, they were typically called a variety of things from the north, such as those from Hyskos.

There are three particular archaeoligical things that sort of give basis for it.

A Shiprah Slave List, which is dated to typically dated to Sobekhotep, which details the names of Shiprah and the other woman, Leah I believe that helped put Moses in the basket as the Hebrew babies were being killed.

Ipuwer Papyrus which is dated to I believe Sobekhotep as well that talks of a large period of unrest within Egypt during his reign, though there are some contradictions between the account in Exodus, which could be partially explained due to ancient peoples rarely detailing their failures, which the Hebrews did quite often. As the Papyrus talks of Asiatics come to Egypt rather than leaving.

Thera Volcano did erupt sometime around that time period if I recall which could give a logical account of the rain of fire and hail plague, not to denounce the existence of a God, but it keeps it within lines of physics.

During Thutmose' reign, he and his court were the only mummies ever found with boils/cysts with are attributed to one of the Plagues, as well as his wife Hatshepsut talking of a period of unrest and slave revolts, to which left the country at some point.

There is a lot of issues with dating it due to a lack of archaeological stuff and how people detailed their own history in their favor.

But the Jews were more like Egyptians who had an Exodus from the country due to having been conquered in Northern Egypt and made slaves rather than Israelites.

If they continued making great films like this then they would have their own audience instead of endlessly losing an animation war to Disney like they have been for so many years.

Hi.

Like Becket?

>Cocky Antagonist
>Protagonist is out for revenge
>Prtagonist is an unstoppable force
>As he kills more and more henchmen, the villain gets more and more nervous and scared

no

I loved the fuck out of this movie. Also, was I the only one who found Moses hot?

He's sort of a qt. I always wanted to touch that fluffy hair.

Moses never existed fuck off

Great movie

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

So where does Ramses rank?

Hyksos wasn't a geographical location in Egypt. The Hyksos were Canaanites living in northern Egypt who eventually overcame and ruled over that area and were then deposed by Ahmose. It's probably the closest historical connection to the Exodus narrative but at the same time archaeological evidence shows that the area of southern Canaan that became Israel grew out of the native population and not a foreign one.

>Right before the final fight, the antagonist recognizes the protagonist's skill and shows him respect, and elects to face him in an even duel

That's a big post

Mr and Mrs Smoth

Oh I'm not saying Exodus is entirely accurate. Israelites likely edited a lot of things to make themselves seem like the heroes in the scenario or to give them a more glorified beginning. But chances are the original Israelites were part of Hyksos for instance, nothing more than Canaanites that happened to travel westward.

There are a lot of issues honestly with the proper dating, archaeological finds, historical records, etc. Just one of those things that has issues dating that far back.

I just chalk it up to one of those ultimate mysteries that will likely never be fully understood due to its age.

Didn't Vader want war and Luke want peace?

The Batman and Ras al Ghul dynamic was goat

they both wanted to overthrow the emperor

ay, pham, any egyptian history docs to recommend?

Then what was it they differed on?

one indulged in anger to violently crush enemies the other wanted to be patient and give people a chance

fuck dude in the last scene luke almost falls to the dark side and does things vaders way. watch that shit again

this is the most reddit post i've ever seen

You responded to a 50 minute old post with that hot garbage post.

Reconsider your life choices.

Jesus Christ, you are amazing at typing a lot of shit while saying nothing.

Moses wasn't real. There were no Jewish slaves who built the pyramids. There were probably no Jewish slaves at all. The Bible is a book of fairy tales.

Get over it.

Didn't the Jews own slaves? The Old Testament has rules on how to treat slaves, implying the Jews had slaves.

What a bunch of hypocritical jags.

It's somehow bizzarre to see an obviously well-educated user make such a well thought out post on a historical topic on fucking Sup Forums of all places

I think I need to go to bed before I learn something that isn't Bane related

That was legitimately interesting and informative, thanks guy

>Protagonist ends up dying from a third party
>Antagonist is crushed
>Antagonist ends up taking revenge on third party
GOAT trope

How was that a well-thought-out post? He posted several lines of conjecture. That's it.

What kind of fedora post you want famm?

Only movie I can think of that fits that description is 3:10 to Yuma.

This sounds silly.
Where does this happen?

>fedora

Why don't you add "Reddit," "cuck," and "summerfag" to round out the list of meaningless words?

I don't know or care whatever argument you were having, especially as it's on the topic of Jews, meaning it's most likely the usual Sup Forums overflow bullshit. But I sure as hell don't just know all that shit about ancient Egypt and Jewish history off the top of my head. It's impressive and amusingly out of place on a board known for its fixation on black penises and Aiden Gillen filmography.

>protagonist dies, by a third party
>antagonist is crushed, loses all passion and motivation in life. Withers away.

>God made the Jews slaves to punish them for being such fuck ups
>Ramses just doing shit as shit was done in ancient times
>Refuses to let Moses, who went native and totally eschewed all of his royal responsibilities for years, take away the driving force of production and prosperity in his kingdom because he suffered a schizophrenic episode after drinking datura tea his caveman wife made for him

He was pretty justified, the only thing that really makes him a villain is going back on his word in the end, but he was pretty emotional then so it's understandable. Close to elder god tier but not quite.

High tier

Dude is definitely a villain. Riddled with insecurities/daddy issues. Tragic and believable.

I wouldn't say they cared for each other, but they did respect each other.

There is a Batman TAS where a random guy kills Batman and the Joker takes his revenge

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Plus God hardened his heart, implying he was willing to let the Jews to free.

>Protagonist and Antagonist are lovers
>the ending is bittersweet

>informative educated post
>hurr durr guess what I learned on /r/atheism today
Pathetic

>fedorafag
>starts post with Jesus Christ

Not particularly user, sorry. That is just stuff I've studied over the years that I happen to remember, or at least vaguely remember to the best of my abilities.
The purpose of my post wasn't to say that Moses was real or not, it was to give some evidence to a possible time period in which he could have lived.

Whether you view the Bible and a God as real or not does not denounce the meaning of some of the parables or lessons to be learned, nor does it actually denounce some of the actual history within the Bible.

For instance, Herod the Great or Pontius Pilate. Nor did I say that they were Jewish in the first place, only that Egyptian Slaves rebelled which would later go on to become Israelites through an Exodus across the land. Also the Bible never once states that the Egyptian Slaves during the time of Exodus built the Pyramids.
Thanks user, I'm not always the best at explaining myself.
No problem.

For jew

>protagonist wins by being a madman

I want to watch this movie

I love the crossing the rubicon trope. Especially when it comes to two battlefield enemies who have lots of respeft for each other like King Baldwin and Salahudine in Kingdom of Heaven.

Any others you'd suggest?

X-Men

oh fuck, not now, I'm going through some stuff

What about movies where the protagonist is the antagonist?

I think MacBeth would be a better example. We're still supposed to pity Oedipus, I'm pretty sure.

>protagonist owns a plane
>antagonist is a big guy for him
My fav trope by leagues

Moses didn't give a rat's ass about him though, he only cared about "his people" he had never known until well into his adulthood.
Goddamn Moses sucks.

Not to mention watching your beloved brother marry a nigger that was literally a sex slave before escaping

Fight Club?

>antagonist baneposts
>protagonist reports him
That's my favorite by far

Macbeth is great for this as well. Oedipus is still his own worst enemy despite how tragic/empathetic his fall is.

>Bar or tavern serves as neutral ground for protagonists and antagonists

When you're like the world's greatest Mage I don't think you care too much what other's think.

Definitely. Any psychosis/schizophrenia themed movies seem to pull it off nicely.

Great Gatsby, maybe?

Moses isn't even a mage, he's just a warlock who pulled a million-in-one rare summon.

>The Great Gatsby
Stupid book only read because Americans didn't write anything better at the time.

N-no it's a classic!

Wtf is baneposting? Have you not seen the aviator?

TDKR

similar, but In shadows of the empire Xizor fires upon luke and vader BTFO the prince's fleet.

best fucking trope

this pretty much

>not posting the GOAT example of this

Fallout 3 is still retarded.

Berserk

because they are gay for each other

>Oh hey

The ending to that movie was pretty anti-climactic, but I loved it.

Collateral

Griffith is gay for Guts but Guts is 100% straight, hence the tragedy.

I loved this scene even though it isn't them

youtube.com/watch?v=oHksDAB9vOo

>Right before the final fight, the antagonist recognizes the protagonist's skill and runs the fuck away like a little bitch