youtube.com/watch?v=UxENEZ11ww0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mets

Royals

>reading ass annihilated bombston news articles

>reading
fag

>BOS: Eduardo Nunez reinjures knee, carried off
Felt bad man, I was hoping he'd be able to wreck (even though I'm mostly impartial on the AL results)

>MIA: SF, STL, Philly 'most aggressive' on Stanton
>SF
Mite b cool, but if he somehow got 62 as a Giant and insisted on celebrating it as "the true new record" that would be awkward and funny as fuck.

what's the chances of an Astros and Dodgers world series? asking for a friend

Looks to be how it's fleshing out

>hitting a fastball is the hardest thing in sports
tired of hearing this shit

pitchers, who are playing not for their hitting ability, and are essentially just randomly selected decent athletes when it comes to hitting, manage to hit major league fastballs. not all of the time, but it's not like it's impossible. also, batting average /= "hitting the ball". players put the ball in play most of the time, and that counts as hitting it.

NBA players only make like 35% of their 3's, does that mean it's hard to make a 3-pointer?

How? NLDS game 1s haven't even been played yet.

Dodgers are the only WS team in the NL.

>does that mean it's hard to make a 3-pointer
yeah

yeah thats my point, you could say anything is hard
>hitting an MLB fastball
>blocking an NFL defensive end
>dunking on an NBA center
which of these seems hardest?

hitting the fastball

hitting the fastball

Those last two are things that humans below a certain size will never be able to do because of the physical size of the opponent.

Hitting a baseball is something that is specifically made possible for anyone (who can stand and hold a bat) to do, thanks to the variable strike zone, and the opponent isn't in direct contact.

Sinking a half court jumper is more comparable.

>tired of hearing this shit

When people say that, they don't mean it's the hardest specific event in sports (i.e. hitting a half-court shot is harder), they mean it's the most difficult routine action to consistently perform in sports. Obviously, trying to hit the ball (and reach base safely) is the event that happens the most in a baseball game.

Basketball is built around putting the ball in the basket. League average .457.

Football is now built around the quarterback passing the ball and receivers catching it. League average completion percentage was 63%. Even if we discount passes for minimal yardage and losses, I'm sure the pass completion percentage on passes than gained 5 or more yards would still be far higher than 30 percent.

Soccer. Built around passing. Good soccer teams will have 80% and higher completion percentages.

if they mean it the way you explained, then sure, thats fine. it's just that there are people out there who go
>HURR DURR 90 MPH ITLL BLOW BY YOU, YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF HITTING IT.
and those people piss me off. AL pitchers who haven't batted since high school can manage to get hits sometimes so you know it's not impossible for an amateur batter to do it.

>YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF HITTING IT
true for you sissy

>AL pitchers who haven't batted since high school can manage to get hits sometimes so you know it's not impossible for an amateur batter to do it.

What level of amateur are we talking? AL pitchers are still pro players who were often studs in high school and college at the plate.

For example, Neymar (with this swing) has zero chance of getting a base hit against MLB pitching backed by an MLB defense.

youtube.com/watch?v=UxENEZ11ww0

Or are you just talking about making contact? Sure, he could just stick the bat out there mindlessly and find the ball a couple of times, but it won't go for a hit. When most people say "hitting" they mean hitting the ball for a base hit (or at least hitting it flush and hard).

I would equate hit to making a shot in basketball. And "contact" to simply shooting the shot.

HITTING the fastball. As in you have to get a fucking hit, not just a foul tip. It's literally 9v1.
Nothing even comes close to trying to get a hit off a HOF pitcher in his prime.

The next is pretty close actually since it's 1v1. Boxing, not even winning, just imagine trying to stay standing against a prime Iron Mike. Then trying to cover a prime wide receiver under 100 yds. Then trying to defend a HOF basketball player, say keeping them under 30 pts. At least in basket and foot you have defense systems to try to help you.

Good hitters that hit good pitchers are Gods among men.

>*strikes you out*

The Indians are a very good baseball club

Hey man, this year's Dodgers are no joke.

But let's be real, they're a fucking joke.

Peace.

You're fat.

Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs all getting bounced out of the playoffs this week. It's a grat time to be alive.

baseball is boring as shit and a dead sport

Manfred would be SEETHING if this happened

Manfred will be furious.

baseball is a dead sport and it is as boring as shit.

t. National Kneel League, faggot

Please don't watch our semen slurping sport.

proxyfag

My body is ready

Better not fuck it up
Again

Sonny Gray is at least half the reason the Yankees got shut out
No pitcher in the league creates more boring low intensity games than him. He is offense poison.

Yankees only had one game where they got shutout this season. They're done for. I say Indians in 5

Indians in 3 you mean. No way they are defeating kluber and carrasco

I'm cautiously optimistic. The 4 NL teams are pretty evenly matched. It's anyone's pennant.

I remember when all the >mest fags were boasting about winning the NL East in March and early April. That was some funny shit. I tried to talk some sense in to you guys, but you were too busy posting *strikes you out* and Thor memes to listen. How does it taste? It's bitter, isn't it? I hope you choke on it. Fuck the Mets. They'll be irrelevant for the next 10 years. You may as well join the rest of your 'brothers' and become a Yankees fan now.

>It's a grat time to be alive
>grat

>no pennants since 1988
>4.55
>multiple entries

I feel like the MVP of the league (Altuve) hitting 3 homers in a game should be much bigger news

>multiple entries

Oh the ironing

My favorite part of the baseball season every year is when the Dodgers get eliminated in heartbreaking fashion.

>he spends more than half a year obsessing about a team he hates

Yeah DG's obsession with the indians was really pathetic. Makes you wonder if all dodgers fans are like that

Oh shit.... it is first to 3. Yeah Yanks are done. Their best shot is tonight with Sabathia

>the best pitching staff in baseball spinning a shutout is bad

>since the start of the 2016 mlb playoffs the indians have 6 playoff shutouts
>the rest of the league combined has 5

Going to Dodger game tonight. What should I expect?

I live in Albany, NY...I get like 1000 channels on TV....and I can't fucking watch the game tonight? Is this for real? MLB NETWORK ONLY??

He's Venezuelan. Like its not Dominican, Puerto Rican or even Cuban where those rats are all over New York, Philly and Florida so you could appeal to them. And he plays in a mid-market.

So its no surprise really.

The national media needs to stop sucking Judge's dick.

>Their best shot is tonight with Sabathia
>The Yankees best shot is against Corey Kluber
So what you're saying is that they never really had a chance?

Let me determine that for you

Last odd digit confirms Dodgers win
Last even digit confirms Dodgers lose

> Biracial, 6'7, plays in New York for the Yankees, says all the right things media-trained, hits a lot of dingers, is a rookie

Practically impossible. He's that classic "I'd want my daughter to date this fine young man"

0 counts as even, so rip

Precisely, yes

>strikes out way too much
Not my daughter

Dodgers should win dice LA is favored -250 tonight

>national media strokes his dick
>acts like the Indians are the underdogs
>ignores Judge's 208 strikeouts
>Judge strikes out 4 times in game 1
pottery

I mean, really though. Nothing feels as good as watching the Yankees lose.

>Judge is back to his 4 Ks per homer from the regular season in the playoffs now
Pottery. I know it's probably more but then it's even worse

You guys need to stop talking bad about Judge or else

Yankees could still surprise but the Red Sox just feel like they'll get swept. That offense is so pathetically weak, they have no chance of keeping up.

How much did the Indians pay off that ump last night?

stinky Dodger fans all around you

don't poke yourself on all the visible floating smell lines in the air

>the absolute state of Yankees fans right now

Beating the ____ is equivalent to winning the WS for ____ fans

>t. sugar addicted adhd retard

Nationals
Mets/Phillies

But I've seen my team win a world seriew

Fair point

It makes for god awful baseball unless both pitchers are doing it.

Now stand aside as the Cubs find a way to salvage this playoff with their usual shenanigans.

This man right here is a KC National treasure, and you should say something nice about him.

15,000 attendance mark

Tampa Bay

dead horse
mad libs user, who has no

is this the worst postseason ever? literally no likeable teams

Which postseason game is /mlb/ watching today?
I really want to watch Indians vs Yankees and Nationals Vs Cubs, so I'm going to watch both side by side.

What does hines ward have to do with KC?

Oh nvm they start at different times.

>No Rondon on the playoff roster

Which was more embarassing, the red sox getting btfo or the yankees almost getting no hit?

You want to be happy, don't you?
You want to be healthy, don't you?

Bryant has the gay eyes

The red sox big acquisition from last offseason continuing his post august choking and spilling his spaghetti in his first postseason game

I don't know the yankees """MVP""" roty sensation goldenboy getting a golden sombrero is pretty bad

The best part about the Yankees game is that Bauer is the third best starting pitcher on the staff.

> the future

Aaron Judge is still has the rookie excuse
Sale has no excuse after being a 6 time all star

Why is it called a golden sombrero?

Judge had played in more playoff games than Sale

>The term derives from hat trick, and since four is bigger than three, the rationale was that a four-strikeout performance should be referred to by a bigger hat, such as a sombrero

walgreens will triumph

Still a rookie while the other is a veteran pitcher who's a perennial CY Young candidate
This isn't an argument

That's cute.

>"""mvp""" striking out 4 times in a row to a 3rd string pitcher
>not an argument

hmmm

And the other option is a guy having a postseason ERA of 12.60
You seem to be getting angry during this discussion, but deep down you know the answer is the red sox and sale blowing their load