You now remember Catalonia

You now remember Catalonia

who?

wait what happened with that
did they get independence or what
i don't browse the news or Sup Forums

isnt a small part of Catalonia in France too

Catalan companies (no, not THAT Catalan company, Greece) are moving to other cities in Spain because they see that the Catalan government is serious about independence for the first time in history, which CEOs find a threat to Catalan economy. Independence has not been declared, let alone recognised.

I still don't understand how there are any companies left in catalonia considering this news comes up every year

and they still manage to be the community with biggest economic growth in spain

yh the northern bit to the east of Andorra

>The catacombs of Catalogne found in the anals of Spanish history.

SEETHING.

I wish they'd become independent.
Not because of Spain, but because of the EU who'd rather just have one megacountry.
Which is also why I still hate the Scots for fucking up their referendum. Good thing they gor their comeuppance.

go back to /asp/ Cleetus

Because every single time, the corrupt yet smart thieves who ruled Catalonia, like Pujol and Mas, ended up getting good cash from the central government and CEOs were ok with that statu quo. I threaten you with independence until you bribe me back, and everyone forgets about the matter until the next time we're short on money.

Now that Mas has been replaced with Puigdemont, who is an Izetbegović-tier true believer, there is no going back. Pujol and Mas believed in money, Puigdemont believes in muh sacred Catalan homeland free from Spanish oppression. This is what scares capitalists: corrupted leaders are predictable and all have a price tag, true believers are unpredictable and that's bad for business.

>Not letting Catalonia be its own nation
It's already autonomous and has its own flag. Felipe can eat a dick.

Free Wisconsin you anti-democratic imperialist

But Andalucia, Valencia, Baleares are as corrupted as Catalunya. Then why they chose Catalunya instead of those?

The Scots love the EU though

Don't the Basque hate Spain too? How likely is it that they leave alongside Catalonia if it happens? How likely is it that the French Basque and Catalan parts go with them?

They could make a joint league together. A top four of Barca, Athletic, Real Sociedad, and Espanyol looks pretty decent.

What do you mean with "they chose Catalunya"? It's the region where the Industrial Revolution entered Spain. The Catalan bourgeoisie is very old.

farcalona relegated to ligue 1 when

umm sure sweetie

yes, lost in the 1640
bad economy less gibs less migrants
it's a win win
no on hates spain
castille tries to make the whole spain castille and that's the problum
if not for castillan autism and jacobinism portugal would still be spain

is it you all the time or are all catalans obsessed with "castille"

literally the exact other way around

europe fragmenting into even smaller subregions means that a US style federal superstate will be the only viable way forward, because catalonia, baskenland etc are not individually viable as actual countries.

the only reason the EU pretends to be against regionalism is because the prinicipal countries (Spain in this case) might leave the EU if it harbors seperatism.

this, small countries cant say shit against EU, instead an actual country can refuse to obey their orders

Worth it just to see a Neymar tantrum

Do it while you have the chance Catalads. I like Slovaks as people but couldn't imagine still sharing a country with them.