I'm wankered lads

I'm wankered lads

explain pidgin to me, the bbc have launched a pidgin platform and this language confuses me
bbc.com/pidgin/world-40997001

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_Technical_English
youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/bbc-pidgin-english-language-africa-nigeria
youtube.com/watch?v=zSKRP1InPmM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_English
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's just simplified English

It likely just sounds weird because we're native speakers

what the fuck

seems to be targeted towards nigeria

It's English as spoken by 85 IQ retards or toddlers learning to speak.
Simplified English is something else:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simplified_Technical_English

don't talk about things you have no idea about you retarded canadian

>retarded canadian

Don't you mean Simplified Canadian?

Lol

nigga i don't understand a thing

>To piss and poopoo for open field dey common for villages for India. The government don set target to give every house toilet by 2019, but dat work never really get head.

Is this a joke?

youtube.com/watch?v=jjnrLt3VuSM

Based Uganda

shitlord
what difference does it make to you?

>Mosquito dey cause Malaria plus even Zika virus

>Scientist don dey use di way mosquito like good thing, to take kill dem.

>Dem destroy properties including two railway stations, cars and media people motor for Panchkula town, near Chandigarh.

What a time to be alive

>what difference does it make to you?
His tv license pays for it, DeShawn.

Pidgin is just a simplified language, and the version they have on BBC is spoken by millions of West Africans.

I totally understand why they launched this, because obviously people who speak pidgin need the news just as much as other language speakers.

What I don't understand, however, is why pidgin speakers don't just read the mainstream English articles instead.
I mean, I can read pidgin just fine (judging from the articles I've skimmed, at least). Can't pidgin speakers read traditional English just fine, the same way?

Or is it like with Dutch versus Afrikaans where Dutch people can understand Afrikaners, but not the reverse?

only real thing here is that there are more potential readers for the beeb, loads of them in africa

No, i am not a native (or even a good speaker) and i can't read shit.

Burgers are accustomed to ebonics.

I'm not upset user, just perplexed.

89 IQ thread
Almost gets it

Cultural decay.

Hitler would kill himself

Oh wait..

>because obviously people who speak pidgin need the news
Dude, if you can't read English (one of the easiest languages to learn) then nothing happening in the world will make a difference in your life.

It's called entropy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy

This person gets it:

>UK so cucked they give up on educating the plebs and instead caters to retards with low literacy rates by making their news in retard speak

We decline as a species every day and this is a monumental step backwards. Not long before we ban technological advancement because dindu's can't understand how to use them and being intelligent is declared racist to the retarded.

Bix nood

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/bbc-pidgin-english-language-africa-nigeria

good article

>theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/22/bbc-pidgin-english-language-africa-nigeria

It's not simplified english

>movies emerging from Nigeria’s Nollywood, now the world’s second-largest film industry.
WTF

Blacks people are way too comfortable with being stupid. Can you imagine if the BBC wrote news articles for Chinese people in the voice of an immigrant Chinaman? "Donard Trump say he sending more sordrerrs to Afghanistan." Only blacks demand that you treat them at all times like half-retarded children

>one of easiest languages to learn
>need to simplify it

All of the UK is a joke. I only wish it was funny.

Are you a retard?

>All of the UK is a joke. I only wish it was funny.
This.

top kek
don't tell me this is legit shit

this is embarrassing to watch

Is this a Sup Forums meme, or are the people ITT merely pretending to be retarded?

>West African Pidgin began in the late 17th and 18th centuries as a simple trade language between Europeans and Africans. Combining basic nautical English vocabulary (itself derived from regional English variations) with the grammar and composition of languages of the various ethnic groups British traders encountered, it stripped things to the bare necessities

not really the same is it

Sup Forums is more or less the same thing as Sup Forums, and no they're not pretending.

>Can you imagine if the BBC wrote news articles for Chinese people in the voice of an immigrant Chinaman?
That would be plain racist. Even Chinese news hire people who can pronounce proper english.

speak dem pidgin we numba one language not white english but dey dem did pidgin BBC good man for africa

>t. Mgumbu Mdumbu
youtube.com/watch?v=zSKRP1InPmM

>British people do shit in Africa
>Irish end up with a lot of nigger anyways.

China doesn't have English creole or pidgin turned creole etc.

Hong Kong everyone speaks Cantonese in nearly all situations.

That's the anglo for you.

Does it upset you that a bunch of niggers in Africa have a stronger cultural identity than a Canadian?
You seem jealous of them.

the irish were british then anyway

Yeah, right. I had class with a chinaman teaching in English. Take 2 fucking days to start understanding what the fuck he was saying.

M8 it's a video from 2012. We have absolutely nothing to do with ROI's immigration policy and we never have.

>jealous of having a mental handicap

What di e mean by dis.

Why would Ireland take niggers to live in their small island? I mean, they are fucking broken.

>>British people do shit in Africa
is what i was addressing, the irish have just as much whatever on their hands

The shit i was talking about, was to let them live in your towns. I don't give a fuck about muhh genocide.

It upsets me your country is going to shit and fags like you are alright with it. No i'm not jealous that your country is not only getting cucked by immigrants but accepting the fact you must dumb down your language because you are a passive nation who gave up on educating your population and succumbed to translating your news network into literal retard levels of speech. Don't get it wrong, Africans have a stronger cultural identity than Brits in your own country and this is proof of it no matter how tragic it is.

we have our own language too friend
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_English

also, our cops can still shoot people so yeah

pidgin isn't necessarily simplified, it's a mix between different languages and usually resembles one language more than the other. But usually when languages evolve, they tend to become simpler anyways.

pretty much

It has its own rules, grammar and interesting stuff about it if you bother to check it up instead of getting triggered by blacks day in and day out.

Many pidgin speakers speak it as well as "normal" English and other African languages.

>Africans have a stronger cultural identity than Brits
Fake, most blacks don't even know who is their father. How do you think they will pass culture to the next generation?

>like icecream
thanks for that

Negligible really.
Basically a brit English spinoff half morphing to a American English variant.

>But usually when languages evolve, they tend to become simpler anyways
except no, over time, english has only become more mixed in vocabulary, going from a near-exclusively early germanic language to incorporate a fuckton of vocabulary from surrounding nations like france and denmark

Thats because England was invaded by those 2 nations. (yes, i know that you know).

They become simple in some things and but also complicated in others and that complication grows as it ages and new words are developed

This is a weak as fuck comeback and you know it.
You can do better.

that's a dumb comparison, rather, it's just a replacement of words which concepts may have already existed (or maybe an addition of new concepts from another language).
Grammatically, modern English is simpler than Old English and modern scandinavian languages are simpler than old norse. Even afrikaans is simpler than dutch.
Or how any european language is simpler than proto-indo-european, though they retain bits of the original language.

The BBC Pidgin service is to cater to people inside WEST AFRICANS. As in they'll be using it. not British people you big baby.

The fact that people are willing to use their service and pay for it outside of the UK shows British cultural power by far.

It's not even a comeback, but an observation of the UK's current unfortunate circumstances. Judging from your attitude I'd say I care more about your country's prosperity more than you, which is another reason why I pity the brits.

This all makes sense if you are an ethnic minority though.

Only one ITT who gets it

I think because pidgin isn't spoken as a native language.
>pidgin language, is a grammatically simplified means of communication that develops between two or more groups that do not have a language in common

It becomes a creole when it's spoken natively:
>A pidgin differs from a creole, which is the first language of a speech community of native speakers, and thus has a fully developed vocabulary and grammar. Most linguists believe that a creole develops through a process of nativization of a pidgin when children of acquired pidgin-speakers learn it and use it as their native language.

all this does is allow nigerians to read news

Western Africa also has a good amount of Creoles as well so within Western Africa you have pidgins and creoles and a spectrum of various level of them as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd language.

Always good to know when the next civil war will start. Maybe can enlist his son in the child army.