TV That You Wish Would Be Made

>A gritty, Band of Brothers-style miniseries based around an elite Platoon of Stormtroopers in the midst of the Galactic Civil War that highlights both the moral ambiguity of Empire and the good and bad men that make up its army.

>Rami Malek as a young, newly promoted Lieutenant put in charge of the Platoon. A by-the-book officer that scored top of his class at the Imperial Academy, but whose lack of real experience and naivete will cause a major shift in his persona as the war rages on and he faces the reality of combat.

>Viggo Mortensen as the Platoon Sergeant First Class and second in command. A gruff, seasoned and cynical veteran shock trooper whose experience, skill and willingness to do what is necessary for victory is indespensible to the Platoon.

>Tatiana Maslany as a young and overzealous COMPNOR commissar/morale officer attached to the unit to make sure they remain steadfastly loyal to the Empire and who is ordered to report or personally stomp out any dissent, but must confront her worldview as she sees the light and dark of the Empire's reality.

>Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as a Staff Sergeant in charge of the Platoon's Scout Trooper Squad. A charming and friendly soldier with a talent for gathering intelligence and long-range sharpshooting.

>Michael B. Jordan as a Corporal in the Platoon's Assault Squad. An everyman just trying to get by and do his job without compromising his morals.

>Rodrigo Santoro as the violent and volatile Sergeant in charge of the Platoon's Demolition and Heavy Weapons Squad. He sees the Rebels as nothing more than terrorists and enjoys his job sometimes a bit too much.

>Jack O'Connell as a young conscripted Private, assigned to the Platoon as support due to his prodigious engineering knowledge and flying skills. He functions as the Platoon's primary mechanic and gunship pilot and is conflicted about his service due to the knowledge that his family was present on Alderaan when it was destroyed.

Other urls found in this thread:

impstherelentless.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First one sounds good desu. /k/ino

Holy fuck I essentially came while reading this

I've always said the same thing, that we need something more Empire-centered.
You wrote it up really well.

I think I'd do well as a video game, too.

This should be made into a script and sent to Disney. The main characters need fittingly Star Wars names though. Suggestions?

Will likely never happen. They'll never portray the Empire as anything short of space nazis.

>it's a gritty reboot episode
OP pls grow up

>liking silly fun

How about neither? And have something original for once, instead of Star Wars: A Saving Private Ryan Story?

War isn't automatically Saving Private Ryan, which was largely shit, especially the jingoistic ending segment.

The Germans weren't depicted as morally ambiguous in SPR.

>edgy Star Wars faggotry
>omg hella f*ckin epic xD

Kill yourselves, all of you, the world will be a significantly better place without you.

Name ONE war film post-SPR that wasn't a clone or "homage." This thread is pure fanfic. Like one user said, R rated SW film would never fly. They killed R1, how do think a war film is going to go?

You must have a lot of friends.

>using the band of brothers format for something as banal as star wars
hmm, that could never happen, you'd need to lighten it up a little and incorporate other elements of the star wars universe

Maybe the series starts off with the criminal underworld, a bunch of smugglers or pirates end up joining the rebellion then one of the characters turns out to have force powers for the finale.

do this but with Stalker instead

yes. all of this, but just don't end it with """" hope"""" or any on the nose series remarks. it doesn't have to heavily reference the skywalker family tree at all to be a great movie.

*movie >>> tv

100% cliche.

I like you user. Great casting.

One problem: would they hire a great cast like this if the characters are troopers who are wearing face-covering helmets most of the time?

>Game

Basically Republic Commando, which needs to be remastered on next gen consoles

>Tatiana Maslany

She'd just make it to the final round of casting, then not get picked like with Rogue One and The Last Jedi.

But I'd love to see her in a Star Wars.

>Jarhead
>American sniper
>13 hours
>Letters from iwojima
>Flags of our fathers
>Restrepo
>Battle for haditha
>Hurt locker
>Black hawk down
>Act of valour
> lone survivor
>Enemy at the gates
> thin red line
> redacted
>We were soldiers

I'm sorry you were saying?

They didnt portray them as space Nazis in Rogue One.

In fact they made appear a lot better than the Rebellion for most of the movie.

Depends. If it was just a miniseries and there were character building scenes between battle sequences, I think it would give ample amounts of face time to the actors.

That would be shit.

I'd love them to make a sci-fi movie on the clone army.
It's such an interesting sci-fi concept, you could explore some pretty deep themes, they scratched that a bit of that in the clone war CGI show, not too deep since it was a kid's show.

THAT would be cool.

A batalion of clones are alone on a planet under siege from the separatist, they have to earn the trust of the locals and cooperate, some shit like that.

You listed none that fit my criteria.

>implying Stormtroopers aren't clones
Kys, faggot.

>slower, low stakes Seven Samurai style movie about Obi Wan on Tattoine that relucantly agrees to help some moisture farmers and ragtag bounty hunters they hired to defend against Hutt gangsters wanting payment for protection. Some action, but also dialogue heavy with Obi Wan examining his conscience and wondering weather he caused more good or evil in his Jedi life. Evan McGregor as Ben Kenobi of course

>Rami Malek in another TV show about war
Yes, please.

>TV That You Wish Would Be Made
The History of Wet Nurses

I just want a Vader: Rise of an Empire.

Fuck that, I just want a decent follow-up to Republic Commando, but with Imperial Stormtroopers.

>tfw there was one in production but EA killed it

fucking nerds lmao

Star Wars is a franchise of Kids Movies
Only one of the movies is any good
Thinking about it too hard makes you a man-child

And yet you took the time to post that on a thread about a thing that you obviously hate, on a Japanese image board.

>Tatiana Maslany
stopped reading there

we have this, it's called IMPS.

impstherelentless.com/

I want a Scarface-like Jabba the Hutt movie

>Galactic Civil War
There were no Stormtroopers in the Galactic Civil War because the Galactic Civil War was fought between the Republic and the Separatists, who used Clone Troopers and droids, respectively.

>niggers and shitskins

blood meridian

not an argument

complete and total shit

Do we get to find out that the jedi celibacy thing was a big joke?

FUCK YES.

or a shady ass burn notice in Nar Shaddaa show. if you know a single fucking thing about Nar Shaddaa, you know that shit would write itself.

also a 1632 universe TV show. but set in 2017 instead of 2000, for extra tech hijinx.

>CELIBACY WAS JUST A PRANK BRO!!! YOU DIDN'T GET IT WAS JUST A JOKE? OH MY GOD, YOU WERE LIKE 30 BEFORE YOU LET THAT 40 YEAR OLD CHICK POP YOUR CHERRY?
>LAUGHING FILTHY FRANK YOUNGLINGS.JPG

Just make Gaunt's Ghosts series and be done with it.

>A gritty, Band of Brothers-style miniseries
okay, I'm interested
>based around an elite Platoon of Stormtroopers
Cool, I love WW1
> in the midst of the Galactic Civil War
Please die.

we havent done anything to deserve such goodness.

Good WWI movie or TV miniseries following Jasta 11 and it's ace pilots.

Joe Abercrombies First Law trilogy

Peter F. Hamiltons Pandoras Star & Judas Unchained -duology main storyline heavily cropped to fit the TV-mold... although it would still probably get too expensive.

Those are the top 2, but there is a plethora of top tier screen adaptation material. Its sad that there are dozens of incredibly good books with great TV/movie potential, yet outside specific classics and Stephen fucking Kings works none of it gets used.

I mean SyFy took a risk and made a TV-adaptation of The Expanse -books and its genuinely great even though the book version is badly written generic garbage that i abandoned after first volume.

>gritty
>star wars

It's time to let go

the expanse books after the first are fucking great though, the first one was before they found their direction.

most of them are not.

i'd be fine with anything from the perspective of the common empire soldier.
Show us the human side of the empire.

not even him but they literally all did. Fucking kill yourself

>All gritty war movies are clones of Saving Private Ryan
>Lists 15 off the top of their head
>You listed none that fit my criteria

Lol what a faggot

I want a Goodfellas style Star Wars movie

>as long as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Jedi.

grow the fuck up, autismo

A show about the Mayan gods, Inca politics and the folklore about the natives of the New World.

Yea those plastic star wars outfits really hype me up. Totally not cheap-looking and outdated or anything. I love Star Wars i love corporate schlock!

Only if it's on premium cable or something so they can get away with the crazy shit.

>Freeze frame
>As fas as back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Jedi
youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4 playing on the background

FAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRKKKK

>no gritty seedy crime anthology set across the bleak underworld of the SW galaxy
>all sorts of exotic alien creatures and colorful characters
>space drugs and trippy sequences
>no heart string tugging bullshit
>main character is a member of a previously unseen alien race
>like a cross between Stitch and Lord Nibbler and Yoda
>his partner and right hand man is a reprogrammed security and enforcement droid
>has all sorts of contacts across the galaxy, but especially in Hutt space

>forgetting Pizza the Hutt

>A spy thriller set in the 50 during the McCarthy era about two immigrant brothers who left Spain after the civil war.

>They were heavily involved in fighting and one of them was actually a Durruti columnist and even fought the nazis with the french resistance.

>After the Americans refuse to kick Franco out they become disenfranchised and leave to the US but seeing the amount of red paranoia they decide to become soviet agents in the US. They would operate assisting counter cues also int South and Central America.

>Alberto Ammann as the younger brother.
>Ricardo DarĂ­n as the older brother
>Josh Brolin as FBI agent (main antagonist)

Series based in the HALO universe about the tone leading up to and immediately after first contact with the Covenant.

With very little about the Spartans as we know them in the games

Would watch.

Roadside Picnic adaptation. It's being made, but by a literally who network.

Why is Josh Brolin always an oper8r?

Sounds good. Would definitely watch.

This will never ever happen.

Time Travel is an Olympic Sport

>let's make ANOTHER inoffensive bland product out of Star Wars because Star Wars!

So 08th MS Team. Got it. Will never happen.

Honestly, the Kenobi novel would be a pretty good adaptation. They'd have to recanonize it though, which is unlikely. I'm perfectly find with Disney making fun stuff like the OP and not making it canon to have more room to maneuver without creating a snag in the timeline.

>gritty BoB-style miniseries
>the infantile schlock of Star Wars

Pick one and only one you cretinous manchild

Netflix Series of 'Speaker for the Dead'

HBO Series of Conan, any of them, based on Howard's original stories. Or John Carter.

>looking through macro binoculars through a helmet

Hamilton's universe is great, but the over the top technology made a lot of the deaths feel hollow.
Great series though.

>LE EMPIRE DID NOTHING WRONG xDDD

I wish you faggots would get the fuck out of star wars. Was this character being an explicit mockery of you not enough?

>every single person in an army holds it's values and agrees with every decision the army makes.

They're not clones. Their voices are different.

Fuck off, George.

How can you get so upset over something like this?