>women knew their place
>every man was basically guaranteed a wife
>every man had an occupation
>excluding famines and wars it was pretty safe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W_3X9FNiQW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumb because rurouni kenshin best anime

Famines and wars were pretty common. Plus you had to do back breaking labor and didn't had a lot of stuff to do on your free time

>>itt Sup Forumstards literally proclaim how backwards they want to be.

>2016
>visits Sup Forums
>doesn't want tribalism
Purest form of government mate

>Plus you had to do back breaking labor
>implying people don't have to do that sort of stuff now

The hardest labor in feudal societies was farming, but even then you would only be working for 3/4s of the year and you would be basically self-employed. Also if you had a trade you would be able to avoid doing massive amounts of physical labor.

No centural government is asking to be conquered

The biggest problem is the rigid social castes. The whole idea of the American Dream is that anyone can become anything if they're willing to work at it. You can go from living on the street to living in the penthouse, it's happened many a time. And that gives people hope and makes life not-miserable, the thought that you could make it big one day.

In feudalism there is no hope. If you are born a poor serf you will stay a poor serf your whole life. Besides the most simple pleasures in life you have nothing.

>history moves in one direction
nice meme

>He believes in the bootstraps meme

>The whole idea of the American Dream is that anyone can become anything if they're willing to work at it.
Right, but now that we know that isn't true, we should focus on more realistic social structures.

>He doesn't

>excluding famines and wars it was pretty safe
You mean the two things most responsible for death in human history? I'd take feminism and immigration over the occasional famine or local war any day.

That is not what Feudalism was about bro. You could have these things now if you wanted too. Just give the existing government the same power over you life that the Lord in his Castle had over his serfs back in the day.

>have plenty of food
>no need to fight
>easy work (food mostly grows on its own)
BUT THEN
>hey go-guys wanna give me half your stuff?
>btw I need you to fight to the death against this guy
>hope you don't starve!

no feudalism was bullshit

Reminds me of that meme picture of that poorly drawn commie nu-male explaining the social structure of communism, then when asked if he would be a farmer or laborer he said, "Haha no man, I'd be a card-carrying party member haha"

I'm guessing you wouldn't like that "realistic" social structure if you were at the bottom of it along with most people

dont forget about whorehouses and gambling dens

Except that 0 social mobility thing. You were born a peasant you will die a peasant guaranteed.

>Was Feudalism all that bad?

Yes.

>excluding famine and wars
So...basically 90 percent of the time it was shit, and every Sunday it was okay?

Let's not pretend. Old times were shit to live in.

It's fine and good to glorify knights and samurai and things as awesome, and the time periods as mystical and fantastic. But, I'd rather do that from the comfort of my modern house, with air con and spider-repellent, without the looming threat of being conscripted into the third war this year, or running out of potatoes.

not really, if you are able to make profit your pretty much set, social mobility correlates to wealth.

Except that you couldn't make profit because your Lord took all the excess aside from what you needed to feed yourself if you were lucky. Not to mention under current systems we can someday retire. Under feudalism once you can no longer work, and it was manual labor that wore down your body so that's like.. 40, you just died.

but what type of Feudalism tho
1890 japan?
or what?

at least i will be able to spend my money on whores and booze, i will die a happy man

The only people who 'profit' are the lords whose land you live on. No matter how much you grow, you only get to keep enough to survive on. The rest goes to the lord of the land. If you refuse or rebel against the lord, he might decide to 'look the other way' while bandits raze your village.

Well social mobility is not really that much of a thing in most capitalist societies but I will admit that there certainly was a lot less of it in Feudal societies. But then again, why do you need to be a feudal lord when you can just lead a nice life as a blacksmith or something?

Nice strawman.

but you
>guaranteed a wife
>women know their place
>legal whores, even lolis
>have occupation
>have land
>no feminism bullshit
>you can openly hate anything you like without being called, racist, intolerant, bigot

Bah you are an idiot.

In the european medieval feudalism people payed 10%-15% of what they produced/earned to the landlord("war"-nobility).

That is why that tax was called a "Zehent" (tenth part) in german and I think "tithe" in english back then.

The landlord used that tax for building and construction, feeding and gearing the guards and knights to protect the people (btw the guards were always sons from the people and would have never harmed their own, or let them be harmed)

If the evil evil landlord would have decided to "let" bandits raid a village his own guards and knights would have killed him. (Praetorian tradition)

Also the nobility did not have unlimited power - according to popular belief. They were bound by law. Also the village/town etc. councils (heritage of the things) had a say in local things. Lords did not actually mess with day to day local decisions in the villages on their land. Large decisions or emergency decisions were made by the lord alone.

what about whores? are they legal?

Whores were always around since the beginning of mankind everywhere.

Even in tightass musli saudiarabia there are whores.

Never, under any circumstances, can you trust any image like this on Sup Forums.

one of these is not a trap
wtf user?

why?

dw senpai my trap senses aren't tingling at that pic
the rest are traps though

man that sure is nice
can you call a black person nigger in the public?

The actual system wasn't really, but life under feudalism sucked just because standards of living were so much lower then

In medieval times?

There were not many moors or niggers in Europe at that time.

but you can, right?
like calling people retarded and not being throwing into jail for hate speech.

you want trap?

Popular myth.

During the medieval, twonlove was vibrant and active.
They celebrated basically all the time.
The average farmer was "wealthier" in medieval standards then the average worker today.

They could affort to throw feasts for relatives and frieds every two weeks with ease.

Also their protein consumption was much higher, since there were unbelieveably many artificial fishponds

what about property ownership?

>The average farmer was "wealthier" in medieval standards then the average worker today.

Bullshit. Source?

what? you dont like traps?

Is Kenshin the greatest anime of all time?

This motherfucker was fast as fuck, but not as fast as the legendary Kenshin

nothing is wrong with it.

caste system is the true redpilled traditionalist way to structure society.

maybe

The films were actually surprisingly good too. Really good production quality.

but do you auctlly own stuff tho, what about prima nocta?

Yes. Back then the rule was to punish ACTUAL crime very hard. Anything else was like "whatever".

Call your lord, or some higher churchguy names was probably never a good idea.

Everyone else, like the inbred guy who lives near the river, you could call retarded.

My brain, I studied that 2 years in universtiy before I quit. I usually was the only fuck who actually sat in the faculty library all day.

There are some pretty good documentations about this and also some books.

Go and look for them on youtube, or google.

Funfact: During the outgoing late madieval some brainfucked writers wanted to smear the centuries before them so show everyone how "progressive" this new age was. Nearly all myths regarding the medieval times originate from those handful of shitheads.

Prima nocta was as good as never executed. There are a few examples, but it never was the rule and usually those guys who did that were either killed by their wives with poisen, or by the cousin of the husband who happened to be part of the guard.

You could not "own" land but had a nearly unlimited usufruct.

You can legalize prostitution without feudalism.

man thats nice, have some non trap qt

Um..thx

not possible
for the sake of progress, it wont be allowed.

seen that one already faggot, you're in that other thread aswell
post fresh shit
STALE

i dont think you are ready for what im going to post

>only be working 3/4ths of the year
>while your children starve and die from infectious diseases during the other 1/4

I suppose nobody on Sup Forums actually has a spouse or children though so they wouldn't care about that

i do think legalize prostitution solve certain problems, but back then women knows their place
they care for the family, not like now, just bitches and sluts

>hile your children starve and die from infectious diseases during the other 1/4
>implying that it was impossible to save food for the winter
>implying that medicine did not exist

Really?

>excluding famines and wars
It's precisely that that made it shitty. Also, if you didn't own land, you had to be the servant of whoever owned the farm you lived on.
>Women knew their place
That doesn't mean they weren't bitches.

they have waifus

The reason women didn't want to work back then and knew their place is the same reason feminism went on the rise. Because back then the only work to be had was back breaking manual labor. Feminism only took off because now the jobs available including jobs where you could sit on your ass in a comfortable space.

if i wound found a party for government, it would be whore party
>legalize prostitution
>institutional breeding program
>space program for space sex

Feudalism is one of the most redpilled political systems there are, because it recognizes the need for hierarchy. Feudalism was overall a good thing.

and my motto would be "Through dick, unity"

Women used to toil in the fields with the men though. In fact many feminists have argued that women had more "freedom" during that period than they did during capitalism (up until recently of course.)

>excluding famines and wars
>It's precisely that that made it shitty. Also, if you didn't own land, you had to be the servant of whoever owned the farm you lived on.

Nope. Also you posted a pic of the black death (mid 14th century - medieval times ended mid 15th century and started in the 6th century)

People were not "servants" in the sense of the modern meaning of the term.

>Women knew their place
>That doesn't mean they weren't bitches.

Adultry was punishable and women were kept in check by strict moral standards and shaming.

nice dubs, have some asian qt

You cannot oppress merchants in a market economy. That's probably why it failed. Merchants everywhere got sick of it and revolted.

On a whim, your lord could take everything you have. Cuck you, kill your family, the works. Even with a strong religious authority, you are in no way protected. Literal slavery for most people. IF you were a lord though, pretty dank living I guess.

They did not revolt. They indebted the kings and emperors and forced them to discharge the "war-nobility"/natural nobility and noble them instead. Since those rich merchants did not give a crap about the people and their land many of them were killed by their own guards/knights.

That is why they pursued rulers to abolish the warrior-class so they weren't reliant on then and could hire sellswords instead.

It had some amazing music.

youtube.com/watch?v=W_3X9FNiQW8

so is now, a person with wealth and higher social status is better then most people anywhere, i dont see it as oppression, but rather human nature, as there will always be alphas and betas

Richfags cannot legally force you to let them fuck your wife under penalty of death. That's the difference. Coercive powers belong only to the state in most capitalist societies.

With feudal systems , the threat of resistance is quelled by not allowing the people to be armed with anything besides farming tools. IN today's current system, I can protect myself with guns. And even if we were in the same technological era, a capitalist system still affords FAR more safety then Feudalism.

Think about this:

The nobility up until the late medieval had their lands for generations. Their bloodline was tied to their land and the people on it. Their guards were the sons of their people (not good idea to piss them off by being cruel).

The Lords were bound by the law. They could not simply make arbitrary bullshit decisions. The knights and also the guards of the medieval continued the praetorian tradition - originated in ancient rome - and would kill off a cruel arbitrary Lord who would harm their families and relatives.

Actually the Lords often protected their people from the religious authorities.

They were depended on the wellbeing of their people. Only healthy and content farmers, hunters, builders etc. are efficient and freely give the tithe for the landlord.

It was not slavery. They simply did not own land but had basically unlimited usufruct.

Also see:

There was virtually no crime in feudal societies though.

That's to be expected when there are far fewer boys and men running around fucking everything up.

Think ancient Greece. IT was shitty, but less shit than Feudal Europe. God, Germans really ruined everything for everyone

cus of whore houses

They had something like 50 slaves for every one free man. They weren't much fun for commoners.

Up until the late outgoing medieval times - EVERYONE (7+,12+) in most parts of Europe - had to be armed by law 24/7.

That was the best strategy to protect people from bandits, and the land from invasions.

Nearly everyone (12+) was armed and punishment was extremely harsh.

Banditry has been pretty common all around the world. THe more immediate threat is your owner killing you arbitrarily because no higher power exists to punish him for it. Feudal lords can be however brutal and unpopular as long as their military remains loyal

Define "armed."

So you don't have a source and you just read stories about king Arthur and lotr while you shirked classes because you're just oh so smarter than your professors, and think that's how it was.
You people are pathetic, unable to make something of yourselves in a free society, at the most technologically advanced stage in history thus far, so you convince yourselves that some ruler would give you everything and romanticize the feudal life. How are you any different from the lazy liberals who beg for gibsmedats from Daddy Government in exchange for freedom? Absolute waste of space. You're fat, weak, and stupid despite the fact that your ego has convinced you otherwise and you wouldn't last a day when you get the feudal society you think you want. You'll be the first to get put against the wall, you traitorous scum

t.I failed history

>"""""medicine""""

Yes, just rub some salt on those smallpox. Clearly that would have stopped the 1/3 infant mortality rate. If only the wise anime posters could go back and say everyone that died due to ignorance

What "medicine" are you talking about exactly you retard?

>muh waifu
>muh simple life like in one of my japanese animes
>muh rice farm

Top kek, go outside

Unlike Hans over there, I actually finished college but nice try, leaf.

Axes, hammers, daggers, "Messer" (longer than dagger, shorter than sword), clubs, etc.

Those who could afford it had swords. Those who wanted a sword but could not afford a quality went with cheap swords with fake smithmarkings on it. Those were circulating in entire Europe. Like fake leatherwares today.

No need to be an asshat, man.

You don't know me and are simply implying some crap.

I don't give a flying fuck if you believe me - truth is I am simply too tired to get my notebook out of the closet, plug it in and post links or "infographics" here.

How about you move our ass to google and look it up yourself. There are more than enough well-made documentaries on the internet and more than enough articles.

I'm not there to teach some cursing prick anything.

>college
not university

Most men were cucked by those with weapons.

Nearly all my friends are communists. This is not a strawman.

>Went to a college
>Probably community
>Murican education

Boy, I finished commercial college, before I went to university - I never graduated there, I give you that - but I was sitting there simply because of me being extremely interested in certain time periods and read books + publications from archeologists.

Also I did not study some "become history teacher crap", I went with pre- and early history since my plan was to become an archeoligist, specialized on Europe.

All universities are colleges, but not all colleges are universities.

what did you learn tho, laying pipe?