Implying there won't be another trilogy after this one

>implying there won't be another trilogy after this one

Let's get speculation in VERY early. in 2030 when they're making episode X, what will the excuse be when more Jedi miraculously appear?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When youre 90, your great grand kids will be going to see annual star wars-flick in VR or whatever

the moment Disney bought star wars, it was obvious. Star wars will never go away. as long as theres money in it, it will never go away. not ever

>what will the excuse be when more Jedi miraculously appear?
Huh? Rey's Jedi Order will be extremely successful. The galaxy will be in utter harmony until the Vong attack.

Just because there is one Jedi left does not mean there can be more of them in the future.

Alternatively, there can be light side force users who are not Jedi. Just like how there are dark side force users who are not Sith. Luke knows the Jedi way has failed at least twice so he might start his own thing instead.

Imagine if they're actually ending the jedi order because of how stupid lucas made it with the prequels

They just have technically not jedi knights that do all the same things jedi did but without all the retarded councils and celibacy and padawans and shit

It won't happen because "'member the jedi?" is what they're after but I can dream

They can have rebuild a new jedi order with what he learned from his past mistakes.

Doing something actually new.

Where jedi are a bunch of wise dudes with lightsabers.

Isn't the whole schtick of Star Wars that the force gets thrown out of balance every once in a while and someone comes along to fix it?

Considering JJ Hackrams made the Empire come back when they were all defeated at end of Episode 6 without explaining it, anything is possible

lol 2030

more like 2021

>Just kill the Emperor
>Yep this will surely put all the admirals and their fleets and armies out of commission

>it's an user doesn't know history episode

made even more funny by the fact that the first order is very obviously an allusion to fascism

Knights of Ren = new version of Sith
??? = new version of Jedi

Luke is the last Jedi because he's starting a new light side path.

Screencap this.

Next trilogy is Old Republic, fucking confirmed.

you dream

>implying they'll wait until 2030

They're be a new trilogy 2 or 3 years after this one has finished.

Disney are going full rape mode.

Episodes X - XII will feature a black transgender woman as the main protagonist. Checkmate, shitlords.

>2030

More like 3 years after the last main SW film. Episode 9 will most likely establish a new status quo for endless shitty star wars movies.

>The Return of the Jedi
Just kidding lol XD

>Not a transracial-species-abled Pluto-kin
Fucking shitlord.

For whatever reason in these politically sensitive times Good vs Bad has to stay clear cut. Audience has to be treated like toddlers. See: The Force Awakens and Civil War. Reddit probably still argues that "lol that's what Star Wars is about maaaaaaaaaaaan"

>Galaxy wide empire
>Lost a battle where their emperor got killed
>All defeated

Pay more attention next time

>Second french empire
>Lost a battle where the emperor got captured
>It became a republic

Jesus, can someone shoot a cinema on the premiere day of this cancerous franchise

>In these times blah buaah

That's fucking Star Wars 101 dumbass. Just like LOTR and Harry Potter, it's a clear good vs bad type of story

Muricans ALWAYS treats their audience as toddlers because the majority are too stupid to understand complex storytelling. Even ASOIAF had to be dumbed down in GoT for plebs to keep up

Fucking cunt made me reply 8/10

8/10 bait

this is how it's done

>Vong attack
Won't happen. Which is good since the Vong was one of the main reasons why the EU became utter shit.

>Just like LOTR and Harry Potter
Nope. Those are closed stories. Star Wars is an open book.

>Overthrows the new king in a few years, reestablishes the Republic and then crowns a new emperor

Good allusion, friendo.

what? they're literally making more harry potter universe movies as we speak.

they can (and probably will) do the same with the tolkienverse.

Nothing is being implied, you made a poor assumption

> retarded councils

The jedi get together in discuss things in a council that is not "retarded."

> celibacy

You don't think its odd that Obi Wan, Yoda, etc are all hermits with no love interests in the original trilogy? Even in the original trilogy they are freaky hermits only Vader had children but he also happened to be someone who left the order.

> padawans and shit

Apprentices aka padawans are mentioned in the original trilogy

> Imagine if they're actually ending the jedi order because of how stupid lucas made it with the prequels

These would be a stupid idea, even if the prequels were as bad as the haters make it out to be, you could just as well ignore them rather then deliberately going against them.

>tfw Daisy will be the future generations Carrie Fisher

Yeah all of those concepts are fine as they were in the original trilogy. (celibacy is a bit of a stretch, obi wan and yoda were hermits because they were old as fuck)

when lucas expanded all those concepts in the prequels is when things start to get retarded

and disney is already ignoring everything prequel related

inb4 Rey's a bad gal and Ben will turn on the bright side

> when lucas expanded all those concepts in the prequels is when things start to get retarded

Why are these concepts okay in the originals and then suddenly they are not in the prequels? Did the prequels ruin your childhood.

>and disney is already ignoring everything prequel related

LMAO that couldn't be further from the truth, much of the new Disney content like rogue one is steeped in prequels references and then even in the force awakens they are not ignoring the prequels they are going out of their way to avoid them to please prequel haters that is not avoiding them that is a different type of pandering.

Isnt Ben Luke's son?
Isnt that the red herring of the series?

Fantastic animals and where to find them is the first movie of five planned to be released.

It's not a closed story as long as there is money willing to be spent

what point would that serve, he's already a skywalker through leia

She wishes

>much of the new Disney content like rogue one is steeped in prequels references

what? i can't even think of one

We will get another Empire and an even bigger Death Star and another evil space wizard.
Plus a shot of the millenium falcon, Vader's mask and a blue Yoda-like character.

The Force Awakens I could tolerate but this I just can't accept
who the fuck are they getting to come up with these fucking titles

Because it's set up to make the viewer think Rey is the daughter of Luke.

> what? i can't even think of one

Bail Organa played by Jimmy Smitts
Saw Gerrera from the clone wars
Vader's lair on Mustafar
etc

>ivil War
isn't civil war like 100% gray areas?
even muh evil guverment is justified

They're setting up Rey as the next villain.

It's fine.

Better than some cringe worthy fan title suggestion like, "From Light to Dark."

>RETURN OF THE JEDI
1 movie later
>the last jedi...

>The Force Awakens I could tolerate but this I just can't accept
lolwut? The Last Jedi makes sense. The Force Awakens is bullshit in general and within the context of the movie.

>Episode 15: The Return of the Jedi Again

There will be a new clan. I'm calling it now.

i must admit i never paid too much attention but does any of that really matter?

>the last jedi isn't some cringe worthy fan title.

>Rey decides that the Jedi were a bunch of dogmatic assholes who doomed the galaxy twict
>Tells Luke to fuck off with his white male dogmas
>Creates a new order

I'm calling it now, this trilogy will end with Rey doing what Luke did in the old EU: Reforming the order and cutting back on tradition

i think there is a chance that for a sake of franchise development in future they will slowly decrease the amount of jedi stuff in every consecutive movie, so they can finally appear to be an ancient and forgotten magis but not the everyday stuff they are now

Why so many foreigners is this thread?

Guys, I know the plot!

Kylo Ren and Rey's baby is the legendary super saiyan Jedi.

Foreigners for who?

>Implying Luke is not the one who teaches her that

For all we know Luke is the one who taught Kylo Ren his ways and sent him to the dark side on purpose

then we can get the awesome """GREY JEDI"""

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Considered for an Oscar
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

>Red title
>The last jedi
>Rian Johnson said it's going to be light hearted

Either Rian hackson is bamboozling us and just randomly came up with a cool looking title for the piece of crap of a movie he just dumped either the film is going to have a bitter sweet tone with joyful/fun moments but also extremely tragic parts which could be pretty good.

>Ben is a child born from incest
Explains why he's so ugly.

you can have Force users who aren't Jedi or Sith.

>Asohka
>the Bendu
>Maul
>the Inquisitors
>Snoke
>Kylo Ren

the Sith and the Jedi fucked up the whole galaxy, which is why the Jedi had to return in a minor capacity to rebalance the Force. now Force-using cults with strict dogma can fuck off. especially since people cream themselves over non-Force-wielders like Boba Fett all the time.

Without the Vong they only can go to KOTOR era

You know, i fucking hate the Yuzhaan Vong. To be fair i never read the books, I just don't like the designs, nor shit like 'Ysalmiri'.

But now that i think about it, they'd turn a SW film into what is effectively "LotR in Space".

Would ... that be so bad ?

>givng a fuck about CHILDRENS FLICKS

It'll probably about the lost adventures of Luke, Leia, and Han starring new actors.

This is the last numbered trilogy. After this we will get yearly spin-offs with occasional breaks and occasional spinoff trilogies.

KOTOR trilogy 2021 2022 and 2023, and then even further down the line, a Vong trilogy taking place a hundred years after episode 9

I hope they drop the numbering. It'll be silly to go see a movie titled Star Wars XVII: The Sith Resurgence

I don't get what's wrong with the title.

Could be good, just imagine the republic and the empire remnant (First Order) against freaks aliens.

They can remade them to be less egdy teen crawling in my skin.

>Yuuzhan Vong
Good riddance to the old EU.

is it me or are we all ignoring the fact that the script has leaked?

Do you know what expanded means

>impliying the shit that Disney has made is better

Ysalmiri weren't vong, they were made by Timothy Zahn in the Thrawn books

Since the majority of the current canon is from a fucking cartoon, this current canon is going to be dramatically worse than the old EU

That is why all man-children must be massacred.

It wasn't though. Lando heavily featured in the script and Billy Dee 'wife beater' Williams hasn't shot anything

Are they flying away on ls?

I don't think there will be another trilogy. At least, not another one that is a continuation of the main saga.

There won't be a X/XI/XII trilogy, but I'm willing to believe that they'll do one of the following:
>Remake the Prequel Trilogy
>Remake the Original Trilogy
>Make a new trilogy focusing on their most popular spin-off film(For example, if Han Solo does really well, we'll get an entire trilogy of Han Solo films)

7. The Force Awakens
8. The Last Jedi
9. Shadows of the Sith

10. Balance of the Force
11. Shadows of the Sith
12. Knights of the Republic

11. The Republic Strikes Back*

Yes.

>The majority
You are dead wrong

Force powers are pretty common and will continue to exist. The jedi is only the training. If the training survives, so will the jedi.

I agree with this

>battlefront is canon
what the utter fuck

>My taste are superior but my autism hinders me in rl

There is nothing in battlefront that isn't in the movies.

You fucking wish you dumb fuck. Enjoy crying that your shitty movie didn't even get nominated.

""""adult"""" books

Star wars is supposed to be a classic story of good vs evil. Jedi are the knights of the republic and defenders of the weak. The sacrifice their selfish human desires to help others. All of the star wars characters in the original trilogy overcome their struggles. Han Solo is a morally grey criminal who chooses to help his others instead of taking the money and running. In the end, he's a hero who risks his life countless times for a cause he initially cared nothing about.

Luke struggled with his emotions. He ignored the warnings of Yoda and Obi-Wan and rushed off in Empire. In Return of the Jedi it seemed he was going to turn to the darkside. Through anger he defeated Vader. However, he lays down his weapon and refuses to give in to the darkside. He claims he's a Jedi to Palpatine. Even Vader found redemption in the end.

My fear is that Disney goes for this stupid expanded universe trope you see. The "grey" area of the force and the desire to see people with more of a realistic grey human morality.

The thing is, that's not what star wars is about. It's about Good vs Evil. Overcoming struggles and doing the right thing. Star wars heroes are supposed to be better than ourselves.

this