Trump shifts immigration plan: No 'mass deportations'

Well, what now?

Source: thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/284910-trump-shifts-tone-no-mass-deportations

Other urls found in this thread:

electionbettingodds.com/
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-25/trump-says-immigration-plan-wouldn-t-feature-mass-deportations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did everybody really expect him to stick to mass deportations?

At least we know he's not backing down from the wall

Fuck man. I was looking forward to the deportations/possible executions

>people actually thought they'd send out SWAT teams on raids for 11 mil all at once

This shits gonna be a gradual process, that's all.

So he says for the general

>"I would not call it mass deportations"

At this point we're arguing semantics

>shill post
>doesn't even read quote

It'd be easy to get most of them to self deport. Offer bounties for citizens who report illegals working. Bounties paid by massive fines to businesses, no work left for illegals, they will be more inclined to leave. Then offer a cash incentive for all who willingly self deport. Problem solved.

>mfw he moves left of center
>mfw when he sweeps election
>mfw liberal president for 1st time in 20+ years

Still better than Hillary.

It's like you clowns don't understand how negotiation works.

You start making a demand that you probably won't get, and then when you get to the amount that you really wanted, the other side feels like they won because they pulled you over from the initial demand.

Same with the wall. There may be a wall in some trouble spots, but not covering the entire border.

"No, I would not call it mass deportations"

He did not say there will be none, he said he will not call it that.

HE won't CALL it 'mass deportations'

He's not going to mass deport anyone anyways.
He can't do anything without the approval of the Republicans in Congress, and they'll never allow the deportations en-masse of illegal immigrats.

It would worsen their already poor image, and it would be in opposition to their Chamber of Commer Cheap Labor™ funders.

It's not going to happen, regardless of what the quote is.

Hes gotta appeal to the moderates.

>we know he's not backing down from the wall

>you actually believe he is going to build a wall

Pretty much this, give a nice reward and even the Mexicans will report their illegal butt buddies. The wall matters more than anything else. The border must be secured.

>He can't do anything without the approval of the Republicans in Congress

He can order the government agencies in charge of deportations to begin deporting.

He does not need congressional approval to tell ICE/DHS to do their jobs.

Just like Obama does not need their approval to tell them to stop doing their jobs.

Fuck the neocons and their cheap taconigger pets.

wtf i hate trump now

/pol's trump army got fooled.

Daily reminder

Pretty much anything is better than hillary

>that pic
Why?!

Who is that? Look exactly like a chick I went to HS with and got friendzoned by

Nevermind, found her.

All he fucking needs to do is use the power of the executive to enforece the laws already on the books regarding immigration and deportation and he still gets my vote. Hell he gets my vote pretty much guaranteed because Libertarians and Greens can't stop Hillary.

fucking bait image making me reply
roll

>underrated

He never had to. Hes going to approach this like a business man would: cut off the money and benefits, reduce incentives for illegally crossing and making crossing legaly easier

"we are going to get rid of a lot of BAD DUDES who are here. that i can tell you."
OP literally cannot stop sucking dicks, what else is new?

>no, I would not call it mass deportations

>Libertarians and Greens

They dont have to go back

That's hilarious. But if you read closely what he has been saying (not something his supporters tend to do) then he has always been advocating a vague amnesty policy for illegals. He would first have people move back and then be given amnesty. "Touchback" is what they call it in the US I think.

He's trying to win the general. He can't win by saying stupid shit anymore. He needs to get stupid liberals to stop seeing him as "literally Hitler" Trump is a personality and if he can stop the trump is hitler meme and inform people of what his actual policies are he can beat Hillary. Hillary is a lifeless robot whose positions are calculated from inserting opinion poll data through her vag. She hasn't held a press conference in over 200 days and you only ever see her talking to her supporters. He needs people to see him as a reasonable alternative to Hillary Clinton because her disapproval ratings are pretty high as well.

I like this except for the cash incentive on self-deportation. That seems too easy to abuse.

Nah, they'd be better off processed and used as fertilizer

MASS EXECUTIONS

what are these mass deportations by Obama

nice digits

repeating digits gets the cake

>mfw when no one bothers to read articles

Trump said in an interview with (((Bloomberg Politics))) Saturday.
Pressed on whether he would issue mass deportations as he has called for in the past, Trump said: "No, I would not call it mass deportations."

"We are going to get rid of a lot of bad dudes who are here. That I can tell you," Trump said.

Throughout his campaign, Trump has promised to build a wall between the U.S. and Mexican border and deport all 11 million people living in the country illegally.

In November, shortly after he launched his presidential campaign, Trump said he would build a "deportation force" to ship those in the country illegally back to their home countries.

"We're going to do it in a very humane fashion. Believe me. I have a bigger heart than you do. We're going to do it in a very human fashion," he said.

However, Trump stood by his proposal to restrict people from "terrorist countries" from entering the U.S. Previously, he said if elected he would temporarily ban Muslims from entering the country
He literally didn't change a word of what he said before you libcucks. Try again

That dead squirrel next to the road rotting and smelling is better then Hillary even being in politics, let alone the white house.

CONFIRMED.
HES NOT GOING TO DEPORT BECAUSE THEY'LL ALREADY BE DEAD

Futures markets have Trump at 21.5%

Stop believing polls

electionbettingodds.com/

I care about THE WALL most of all. If there has to be a compromise on deportation I will begrudgingly accept it.

what he says
>no, i would not call it mass deportation

what liberals think he says
>NO DEPORTATIONS WHATSOEVER

You guys should have memed Cruz.

Trump is just going to backpedal on all of his positions eventually.

/thread

But we all know this post will pop up again and again.

Nein! Nein! Nein!

>tfw Trump never planned to deport anybody.
>MASS EXECUTIONS.

>stop believing polling
>believe gamblers

he's a strategic genius

Wow a candidate makes a lot of claims that they back up on once they win and are running in the general election to try to win the independent vote?

flip flopping as usual

The issues don't matter in this election. It's about sending a message.

>famous New York businessman inviting the governor and her ex-president husband to his wedding long before he knew he would be competing with her one day

Of course he would invite her.

If "bad dudes" means people who've committed crimes, than means the vast majority of spics. They all have at least a DUI, or two.

This could just be political language.

Exactly.
We want to win, don't we?

>ITT, the weak minded and easily shilled.

All markets are gambling desu senpai

I blame Paul Ryan. He needs to court more lefty support because the GOP isn't standing behind him the way it needs to.

It is like you clowns don't get how getting played works.
You start by getting lied to then you gradually convince yourselves it is for your own good.

Cruz didn't even have the positions until Trump and never cared about them for sure.

Trump will try to get what he can

>Did everybody really expect him to stick to mass deportations?

not really, cutting farm subsidies would be a lot cheaper way to get the same result

>thehill

Real source please. No conjecture.

How the fuck is it even controversial to enforce the fucking law?

It needs to be low enough to not abuse, but enough to get their attention.

From (((Bloomberg)))

bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-25/trump-says-immigration-plan-wouldn-t-feature-mass-deportations

Yeah, no welfare, and no yobs. Fuck off to mexico or starve! PLEASE DO THIS.

>It would worsen their already poor image, and it would be in opposition to their Chamber of Commer Cheap Labor™ funders.

not to mention all their businesses that hire illegals

>the hill
I guess leftists are mad as fuck over Brexit and are shitposting in their rage. Hilarious.

obama hasnt deported shit, he counts illegals turned away at the border as deported. big hearted don will remove taco with ruthless efficiency

This is lying kike nonsense

The law already says you need to deport illegals. All Trump needs to do is enforce the law.

I'm still going to support Trump but honestly I sometimes think Cruz should have gotten the nomination. There's still a lot of ambiguity around Trump and what he actually wants to do.

so basically hes mitt romney touting "self deportation"

top kek. what a fucking pussy

Because it's a stupid fucking law. It needs to be updated, kick all the illegals out or at least the vast majority. The few that remain must have clean criminal records and must pay higher taxes in order to remain as punishment. Oh and restrict access to welfare for them and their children.

>no mass deportation
>only final solution

no one takes Trump seriously when he says shit, right? you guys all realize he can change his tune in a second if it suits him, but you don't care because at least he's voicing your ideas right now, right?

Over the past few years I have found betting odds to be very inaccurate. I would have expected them to be accurate, but really they are very poor indicators of what happens.

This

>Pressed on whether he would issue mass deportations as he has called for in the past, Trump said: "No, I would not call it mass deportations."

"I would not call it mass deportations =/= no mass deportations

He's playing a semantics game. There WILL be deportations but he's banking on the fact that most people will self-deport when they realize the free ride is over.

>What now

He's literally switching gears to fight Hillary

People on this very board called this shit months ago

>leaf "shitposting"

Leave it in Patriot hands.

>Trump says his wall will have “a big, beautiful door” so the “good ones” can come back in

>the “good ones” can come back in

>can come back in

lol, they're just going out so they can come back, legally this time

Illegals will still be deported en-masse, but Trump will sell it passively. He's going to leverage Obama's history of deportation, market it as more humane, garner the support, and then start actually enforcing the laws.

People don't understand the concept of removing illegals vs. removing immigrants, and at a fundamental level. He can retroactively cast many of his previous comments in a positive light if he get people to know what he's actually saying when he says he wants to deport illegals.

You realize that betting odds were WRONG about brexit

NO shit brother. We have so many laws,we could loan them out and never miss it

I am talking about the law that says deport illegals.

rolling is spam so I am "casting the dice"

Pretty sure I've been in that hot tub.

>berg

The same betters were betting on Remain winning.

>Why am I going to jail for breaking and entering! God this is such a stupid law!

Kill yourself

>In November, shortly after he launched his presidential campaign, Trump said he would build a "deportation force" to ship those in the country illegally back to their home countries.

>"We're going to do it in a very humane fashion. Believe me. I have a bigger heart than you do. We're going to do it in a very human fashion," he said.

Read the article.

Weren't you guys paying attention? Trump always said he wants illegals to get in line with the legitimate, legal immigrants. Probably at the back of line.

Murderers, drug dealers, gang members and criminals still have to go back and stay in Mexico. Nothing's really changed.

And that's fine. People that are willing to come here on the books can enjoy the same rights and suffer the same restrictions we do.

Expedited immigration for existing illegals with no criminal history has always been part of his platform.