Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jZoYUQSU38E
youtube.com/watch?v=nZWWsWxOIig
youtube.com/watch?v=AWAsI3U2EaE
youtube.com/watch?v=YAb_Ikuv5e8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

D'you layk dags?

we don't NEEED COPPER FUCKING COINS

I thought you said he was a getaway driver? What the fuck can he get away from?

It doesn't clear, Vincent

>>ANYTHING TO DECLARE?
>YEAH, DONT GO TA ENGLAND
youtube.com/watch?v=jZoYUQSU38E

RITCHIE HAS NEVER GOTTEN CLOSE TO SNATCH EVER AGAIN, EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER IS GOLD

IT WAS AT A FUNNY ANGLE

Why do they call him the "Bullet Dodger?"

Because he dodges bullets, Avi

That stealth chick on the couch

If you love this movie as much as I do never watch the trailer for the new tv show

It's broken something in me

I like caravans more

wut

Periwinkle blue, lads

NEED TA HAVE A SHITE

There's a snatch tv show?

There's gonna be one soon

I don't know when it comes out but there were a couple threads last week when they released the trailer

I never got why people think this is his best film, I mean I really like it but the tone is all over the place.

I mean the russian and the black guys is slapstick in a movie where a man stares at his own mother getting burned alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZWWsWxOIig
what have they done

Sup Forums's gonna freak!

Like watching a beloved family member succumb to Alzheimer's, forget who they are, drool all over themselves and shit their pants.

Such is life. Comedy and drama side by side are the bread and butter are British cinema.
One minute you're getting drunk and playing Buckaroo with your m8s, the next minute someone's had their head kicked in and needs to go to A&E.

Is that fucking Ron Weasley?

Never been to Britain but I agree. I fucking love Snatch with or without the tonal shifts.

this, its quintessentially british thug life

Thread song
youtube.com/watch?v=AWAsI3U2EaE

youtube.com/watch?v=YAb_Ikuv5e8

No it isn't. This is.

Whydefuckwoldoineadacaravanthetsgotnahfackinwheels?

>Let's take this movie with a unique aesthetic and tone and turn it into a generic soap opera.
>Just slap some music on it it'll be fine

Who thought this was a good idea?

looks just like a bunch of posh kids playing at being gangsters

It WONT open because its a SECURITY door

Is it the most beautiful song about heroin? It might be.

The first thing I felt from it is the lack of energy in the characters' movements and motivations. There's a lot of sitting and standing still and when they're moving they're doing so very slowly. Doubt it has 1/10th the energy of the film's slowest scene.

I know that a lots changed Culturally in London 17 years and that you need to have more depth to support a series over a movie (even if, knowing British tv like I do, theres only going to be 6 episodes) but that whole trailer just screamed "We have a lot's of women and minority characters, please watch us!"

And shit, it's not even the BBC

Never mind raisin pulses, Y'ull raise 'ell!

> I didn't see it
> It's a 2 ton van Tyrone
> It was a funny angle!
> It's behind ya. When you reverse, things come from behind

from the jippos Sol. they threw it in with a bag of mooty gold

shut the fuck up

He's bad to the bone, aint ya Tyrone?

Why don't you park right over there?
It's too tight
Too tight...You could land a jumbo-fucking-jet in there

all his films are the same, snatch is just the most solid one
I personally like lock stock and some other bullshit more, but snatch is objectively better done (better overall quality and production money)
rocknrolla is fine, but feels kinda weak in comparison

isn't that from rocknrolla?

Fuck off Tommy

Before Ze Germans get here

This film is like a meme goldmine

Nah it's from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

All. Bets. Are. Off.

EVERY OTHER LINE IS QUOTABLE

ITS THE BRITISH BIG LEBWOSKI

I ate facking pakis

Goldmine of good quotes.

fucking this.
where are all the ugly people? gangsterism ain't what it usta be.

Sugar?

No thank you Tur'gish. I'm sweet enough

Now what you done that for Tyrone?

Why does it look like every other big budget TV drama?

They all have the same visual style, like they're trying to be flashy but with no actual appreciation for visual composition.

Eh, it aint that bad to be honest.

I think that's WHY it works so well. The disparate elements mix well rather than being discordant.

Looks interesting, but everyone looks so... soft? clean?

it looks absolutely nothing like Snatch and none of the characters are particular menacing or energetic like Snatch's ensemble

The boxing match looked like it had 2 people in attendance.

Anybody remember they made like a 4-6 episode tv show out of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (called Lock Stock) back in 2000? Wasn't half bad either.

That's what I was talking about here but phrased far better, thank you.

Modern, big budget TV shows all look so shiny and clean. It isn't just the higher resolution of the cameras, everything looks like it's been varnished before filming and all the dirt removed.

It works for some things, of course, but Snatch was fundamentally about the griminess of the British criminal underworld.

Is this one if the greatest movies because it is so directed and at the same time so aware of itself? Every piece of dialogue is almost useless but at the same time gripping. I think guy Richie mastered the tough guy talk that makes it believable and avoids the cliché.

Proper fucked.

> Every piece of dialogue is almost useless but at the same time gripping. I think guy Richie mastered the tough guy talk that makes it believable and avoids the cliché.

That's what works about it. By the end, the guys who have won are the ones who weren't stupid or egotistical enough to spout out their entire play as tough guy talk.

Has anyone watched this movie dubbed into another language? How do they handle the scenes where the characters can't understand what each other are saying?

other languages have accents and dialects too famalam

American here, the dub was understandable for the most part but they left Brad Pitt's dialogue in British so we had no idea what he was saying.

Are you saying that a person from Montreal would not be able to understand a French speaking person from Vietnam?

It's me Bren Gun

I mean the real Snatch did have plenty of minority's in it but done fucking properly not this bag o wank.

spelled backwards means 'sissy men' ;)

fuck if i know in that particular case
But I am czech living in Prague and I have some trouble understanding czechs from easternmost rural regions.

Much agreed, remember the glasgow motherfucker Bullet Tooth Tony dragged along his car for information? Nigga sounded like he was deepthroating a yo-yo to the point that his choked garbling made me uncomfortable, but that was the point. The raw, flawed grittiness of it all was what gave it its personality, and the slicker visuals were reserved for very specific points (like the gun close-ups in the diner scene).

In this, everyone's voices are prim and proper with that perfect hint of cockney, they sound like a bunch of Game of Thrones nobles. It has its places, but c'mon, not Snatch man. What does it even share in its setting with the movie, besides 'handful of diamonds'?

It was amazingly well done for my language. It was a dub that rivals the original imo

> could somehow aquire a working spaz 12
> later could only find 'replica' hand guns to use

I never understood this.