It's as if someone said Birdman wasn't dishonest enough and Chazelle said, I got you senpai

It's as if someone said Birdman wasn't dishonest enough and Chazelle said, I got you senpai

It's as if there are two to three retards, tops, trying to force the dishonest filmmaking meme

T. la la land redditor shill

t. tryhard meme forcing faggot fresh off the boat from reddit.

>Spare some Oscars please
It's almost like enjoyment from movies and the amount of rewards it gets became separate entities.

A good movie inspires people, La La Land cons people. It's unbearably contrived.

Yeah I got conned into enjoying the long shots, lighting and choreography, fucking Chazelle is a hack

Yea you got suckered alright.

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.
3.5/10 - at least it looked good.

Autism

Birdman legitimately uses the one-shot technique to present the movie as a play, which is what it's about, and differentiate the final scene. There's nothing dishonest about it, so please don't compare it to "DAE MUSICALS??"

Best comment I've ever read on here. Also the singing was shit in this.

>muh plot muh plot muh plot muh plot muh plot
Fucking pleb

Why would you not like La La Land?

I jsut didnt like the first dance scene on the highway, felt too forced.
and the middle part where Ryan went mainstream and they stopped dancing.

Everything else was fantastic.

I imagine if a person hasn't seen many old musicals/didn't enjoy them, they wouldn't like it. I really loved it. It wasn't perfect but damn that ending was beautiful

This, the film is utter horseshit.

>I watch shitty musicals for the cinematography and visuals
*tips fedora*

Because of the fucking plot?
Film is an audiovisual media you fucking pleb fuck, go watch some action flicks.

>shitty because I said so
>I watch movies for the plot
holy fucking reddit

>the acting and numbers and singing are good
Fuck off you jew fuck. Tons of films have great cinematography. It's script is fucking terrible.

>muh plot muh plot muh plot muh plot muh plot
kys reddit

I'm not this user I'm someone else. Stop crying reddit. You enjoyed this hamfisted garbage like a kid.

Why did we all of a sudden start saying a movie is dishonest instead of it sucks ???

But Birdman wasn't dishonest. Inarritu is a very passionate filmmaker and it shows in his work

Marvel movies suck, DC movies are dishonest. Get this through your fucking head!

I'm not usually the one to cry Reddit, but damn this piece of shit is the pinnacle of Upvote filmmaking. Still better than any of the numerous niggerbaits this year, but only barely.

Name a more dishonest award

>upvote filmmaking
you faggots can't get more pathetic with your made up buzzwords but then again I thought the same thing when kino started.

Is dishonest the new buzzword the Sup Forums doesn't understand but will spew in everythread?

Is that the most retarded Sup Forums meme ever? Like, what the hell that means lol

Why do all Karma Land shills seem so suspiciously out of place on this board? This fraud's previous work Plebtrash got deservedly negative reception on Sup Forums when it came out, now there are anons who will unironically defend it.

Consider suicide

Kill yourself fucking tryhard faggot
>d-d-d-d-d-do I ff-f-f-f-f-f-f--fit in y-y-y-y-y-yet?
t. your entire post history

Plebtrash lovers detected

>Korinefag's face when LA LA Land wins all the Oscars

>Birdman wasn't dishonest enough
But being dishonest was sort of the point?
It was all very meta, since the name of the game was pretension. And that consciously bled from the script to the acting, the direction, the one shot camera wankery and the 4th wall breaking soundtrack.
It's one of the reason why Birdman couldn't be so easily dismissed, because it was smart enough to wink at the audience while having its cake and eating it too.
Then Iñárritu disappeared up his own ass and made The Revenant.

Not an argument

Will you kill yourself when la la land sweeps?

Wonder who created the dishonest meme. It's completely absurd because nobody can understand what it really means.

Film making is inherently dishonest. What a stupid statement.

Birdman wasn't dishonest at all. That critic sees right through how pathetic Michael Keaton's little show was, and it blatantly spells out that he lucks into success (unexpected virtue of ignorance).

La La Land portrays its leads as deserving of success in Hollywood to the point of absurd idealism.

I'm pretty sure it was the Korine guy, he also made PTA pasta and shitposted in Arrival threads

He's the mastermind behind actual on-topic Sup Forums shitposting, gotta give him that at least

>Dishonest Filmmaking
>>what does dishonest mean
the artist did something with disingenuous intentions. they were pretentious. they did a big landscape shot, but they had no respect for the land they were shooting, it was just to look impressive. basically, using the subject rather than respecting it
>When a director twists and contrives a narrative and its characters in order to confirm their preconceived world view or opinions

La La Land ( Birdman, Ex Machina, Sicario) is dishonest. it doesn't have authenticity. it was created to appear a certain way rather than for a real purpose. it has nothing to do with popularity, other than the fact that these films take no risks because they need to be popular to be profitable.

these films are entirely indistinguishable, which is a bad thing for an artist. they all try to fit in but do subtle things to appear valuable. so there will be limited effort in characterization, or visual expression, but really the creators don't have an interest in creating art. the point is to make 90-120 minutes of content that appears professional and is inoffensive enough to avoid criticism.

>ignoring the clearly stated backstory of the characters going through years of struggle without success

Toiling in obscurity for few years does not make you deserving of success in Hollywood. Hollywood is not a place where the hardest workers succeed, and portraying it that way is incredibly dishonest.

kill yourself korinefag

so does it portray luck or does it portray hard work? it seems like you're criticising it for espousing two messages which are mutually exclusive of one another.

>No respect for the land
Get the native american hobo out of this fucking board

bla, bla, bla... seriously, that's the most retarded meme ever. I bet you don't even understand what the hell are you writing.

Chazelle tries to make it look like hard work is what enables Mia to succeed (look, she wrote her own play and then got discovered! what a go-getter!) but it's actually luck. She actually spends most of her time partying.

>resorting to Sup Forumseddit meme talk in order to avoid making a counter argument

LMAO

>the point is to make 90-120 minutes of content that appears professional and is inoffensive enough to avoid criticism

did you even watch sicario, goy?

also
>presuming to know a director's intent

Dishonest Filmmaking: (Damien Chazzele, Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonizing

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

So its like, double dishonest, right?

>a counter argument to shitty pasta
end it already korinefag, nobody will recognize spring breakers as something other than absolute trash.

but it's not an inaccurate model of how to succeed. you show the right people you have talent at the right time, and sometimes you have to go through less conventional channels to do so. the only way it would be 'dishonest' would be if it portrayed itself as the *average* person's experience, but that's a very limited and modernist view of filmmaking.

absolute comedy gold

only on Sup Forums could someone be this dense

I don't care about the movie either way, I just came here to say that y'all are super autistic.

First day here, normie?

No user, I'm just not autistic about 'muh dishonesty'.

Almost as autistic as mandrama fags. You might fit in well with the rest of /asp/ergers

That's a pretty sane thread by Sup Forums standards. Try to post at the infinite star wars shitty threads lol

>a fiction movie
>dishonest

is this some Sup Forums meme for virgins?

>it's user succesfully triggers Sup Forums episode
I like it