Revealed: Jack Daniel was taught by minister’s slave how to distill signature whiskey

archive.is/XHoly

>The Jack Daniel’s whiskey brand is allowing tour guides at its Tennessee distillery to tell visitors that the company’s eponymous founder actually learned how to distill whiskey from a slave, the New York Times reported.

>The company had previously stated that Daniel was taught by a Lutheran minister, Dan Call, when he was 15 years old. But in preparation for its 150th anniversary, company spokesperson Phil Epps said, Jack Daniel’s found that there was a case to amend that story to account for the fact that Nearis Green, a slave owned by Call, was the one who actually taught Daniel the trade.

>“As we dug into it, we realized it was something that we could be proud of,” Epps told the Times.

>Green’s role was mentioned in connection to Daniel as far back as the 1967 biography Jack Daniel’s Legacy, which quotes Call as saying that “Uncle Nearest is the best whiskey maker that I know of.”

>...

Direct link to raw story's (Lefty site) comments section only for this story (no article or ads):

> - - - - - - - - - -

disqus.com/home/discussion/rawstory/revealed_jack_daniel_was_taught_by_minister8217s_slave_how_to_distill_signature_whiskey/

WE

WUZ

WHISKEY

BIX NOOD

MOONSHINERZ

HEIL JACK DANIELS
love you

DISTILLIN N SHIIEEET

Spam other threads, copypaste this:

Second Brexit Referendum Petition FRAUD
(OP) #
Do not let it slide Sup Forums

I created a thread on Sup Forums:
#

>literally everything was invented by nigger slaves
Yes we've heard this before. It's nonsense niggers never invented anything.

WE WUZ WHISKEY WE WUZ WHISKEEEYY.

I don't think it is true. They benefit from the "WE WUZ" so they'd have reason to make shit up.

No wonder it's inferior to bourbon

WE WUZ WHISKEY MAKERS AN SHEIT

someone needs to crop the sheeeeit face on a bottle

Blacks cant drink, so I have a hard time believing this

So if the master tells the slave to teach the boy how to make whiskey does the master or slave get credit for the work?

fresh OC

I knew there was a reason why I hated that shit.

fuckin' great

>if you post this in the comments, you will be banned

hmm it's almost like slaves weren't treated like human trash
really makes me.. think..

What a load of bullshit.
False history.
If they're going in this direction I'm no longer buying.

Well it is shit. So they got that half right.