14 nominations

>14 nominations
why's a 7/10 movie getting so much praise?

old queens like musicals

old queens rule the academy?

hollywood wanking a pro-industry movie

same thing happened with argo

What a boring piece of shit that was.

The songs were not particularly good and they all felt out of place. The story was uninteresting.

And I was looking forward to it, because goose and emma were good in crazy stupid love.

Bleh.

feet

>7/10 movie
Try 5/10 at most

And Birdman.

And Hugo.

And The Artist.

I realize it's a pleb thing to say, but Jay from RLM was right. Hollywood loves nothing more than sucking its own dick.

>14 nominations
>7 wins at least
fixed for you

Did anyone else think the opening number was lame. Sure the visual/technical aspect was nice but it absolutely meaningless. It didn't contribute anything to the movie, it was just chazelle showing off. He's basically a bit more improved innaritu. Film was nowhere near as good as whiplash. It was a 7/10 at best, film was more stunning than being actually good

Not surprising when the academy is mostly old fucks. So yeah anything that praises the era they're from is gonna get their attention.

>He's basically a bit more improved innaritu
you mean technically? because that's obviously wrong

It's better than half the Best Picture Nominees IMO.
I still wouldn't say it deserves 14 nominations though.
>MFW La La Land sweeps and there's nothing you can do about it.

And Hugo too

>movie-makers are dream weaving geniouses who can literally save the world with their creative powers and everything was better in the past

Where were the casting couches and drunk anal sex "so I don't get pregnant" with fat and powerful producers?
Real Hollywood, they said...

Because it is an attempt to replicate the Hollywood of old, the 'golden era' so to speak. And the Academy feels like this regressive and reactionary exercise is worthy of praise because there's this false assumption that 'old' Hollywood represents hope. And as such, the Academy seeks to promote this film because of the assumed dark period we're currently in as far as US politics is concerned.

The Academy is trash, stop watching the Oscars.

>he's basically a bit more improved innaritu

pls elaborate

I loved it, but I don't particularly understand the best actor and actress nominations for Gosling and Stone. They were fine, but hardly outstanding.

>tfw both Hugo and La La Land stole my heart and made me cry tears of joy
Feels good man

Happens usually every year.

It is a meta movie about acting, movie industry or theater.
See also:
Argo
The Artist
Birdman

I have no problem with it. At least it's a white movie about white people doing very white shit like starting a Jazz club

No usually about it.

Except that was nothing new or insightful. This has been a known fact for years, and the reason why a number of people don't care about the Oscars. He was just parroting something that's said every year

not a new sentiment in the least

> people hating on Birdman

It's not even movies you fucktards, it's about theater

and makes fun of superhero flicks

and the magical realism setting is awesome

you tasteless faggots are just mad that your favorite film batman v superman only gets razzies

>hurr durr 2deep5u

every time with birdman. every. time.

depth has nothing to do with taste

you just have bad uncultured swine tastes. You get it but you're unphased by it because only zack snyder's throbbing member can satisfy you now

it's about a movie actor trying to rejuvenate his career

but it's not "meta about movies"

hollywood has no reason to suck its dick. It's all about new york and broadway and shit

>Lyrics don't scan
>Boring jazz
>Emma Stone can't dance
>Ryan Gosling can't sing
>"Choose between your relationship and your dreams"
>"Seven months long distance relationship cannot happen because we're too retro for Skype"
>Disposable lovers x2
>Random British woman for diversity
>Disposable side characters even though they can sing and dance
>Implicit assumption that electronic jazz music is the spawn of the devil

Worst movie I've watched in the last 12 months. And as someone who was in a long distance relationship for 14 months, trans-Atlantic, the whole assumption that travel and working hard harms relationships rather than enhances them gets me fucking tilted.

The academy like shit. Gosling and Stone were terrible. The picture was hardly special.

>but it's not "meta about movies"
oh woe is me, the struggles of being a once famous name in the industry, literally just like me

how is that not meta self jerk

Also this is the second movie where Chazelle has been sucking Charlie Parker's dick like he's christ himself (see Whiplash)

Innaratu is a much better director. I don't get why people on Sup Forums dislike him he is extremely talented.

>being this upset

>lyrics don't scan
yes they do
>boring jazz
nope
>dissing based Emma and Ryan
wrong
>"Choose between a relationship and a career"
this is something this average adult has to do
>"Seven months long distance relationship cannot happen"
LDR never works ever
>Implicit assumption that electronic jazz is evil
No the assumption was that Gosling was very traditionalist as far as music goes and that playing electronic jazz was self compromise.

>ryan gosling
dropped

underrated post
that's so true