Snubs Thread

>Silence for Best Picture
>Scorsese for Best Director
>The Handmaiden for Best Foreign Film
>Neon Demon for some who-gives-a-shit design award
>some anime I've never heard of for Animated Feature Film
>anybody over Meryl Streep
what was the worst snub this year and why was it Silence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I
youtube.com/watch?v=BXhIT4MpRis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, best snub was Redditpool

Weiner for Documentary Feature

I wonder why?

Your Name is critically acclaimed and the highest grossing anime film ever and not even nominated.

Never heard of it.

What's 2nd highest grossing? For reference.

Elle for best foreign flick

Spirited Away

handmaiden wasn't eligible since Korea gave a different admission

Spirited Away. If I remember correctly it got a best picture nomination.

no, it won best animated feature

should win best foreign film

Turk is my favorite this year. Used to be dr Cox, but it's 2017, so I support diversity.

>scorsese
>deserving any awards
I think OP should have been nominated for biggest faggot.

i dont get that, why can they only put forward one? Seems a bit idiotic

>>anybody over Meryl Streep
Did anyone actually watch Florence Foster Jenkins? It feels like every year the cocksuckers at the Academy look up Streep's latest film on IMDb and then automatically give her a nomination.
Kill yourself.

because there are hundreds of films from other countries to watch?

let's not forget the biggest snub

#oscarsstillsowhite

You should be nominated and win for Most Reddit Poster.

Well at least there are blacks in every major category

Thats literally all that matters about the Oscars, right?

>Did anyone actually watch Florence Foster Jenkins?
No, but I mean come on, it's fucking Meryl Streep. We get it, you're old and can still act, make more roles for old women, etc. etc., trump is evil, etc., but I'm sure some younger and prettier actress could've been nominated. Given the fact that the awards show is really just a big promotional tool, why not promote a younger actress?

Scorsese was definitely the biggest snub. The second biggest snub was Amy Adams. I can't believe they nominated Natalie Portman and Meryl Streep instead of her.

Oh yeah, I agree with you. It's pretty infuriating that after all of these years Meryl is still hogging so much of the limelight.

It won in 2003, it was released in japan in 2001. That could happen again with

fuck your gay ass annie mae shit

where's Sausage Party?

But Your Name was already eligible this year, was this the case with Spirited Away back then too? if so, why the delay?

Can they even submit 2 years in a row?
also doesn't officially open in Burgerland until april

Thanks for reminding me of the best snub of the year. It's even better than Deadpool getting snubbed. Normies and "DUDE WEED LMAO" faggots BTFO.

>La La Land
>14 nominations
>Silence
>1 nomination
What the fucking fuck, this is an outrage. Is the Academy really that anti-Catholic? Everything about that film apart from maybe Neeson was Oscar-worthy. It's not his best but it's fucking Scorsese we're talking about.

John Goodman deserved a nomination for that film but the academy was never gonna acknowledge a sci-fi thriller. It's a shame.

it wasn't my favorite movie of the year but it was the most well made movie of the year without a doubt

I enjoyed everything but Garfield but that's just because I don't like him personally

He deserved best supporting actor without a doubt. But they're too busy with their sooper serius movies guise to recognize a brilliant performance in a scifi mystery thriller.

for best original song

youtube.com/watch?v=c6rP-YP4c5I
youtube.com/watch?v=BXhIT4MpRis

Silence got snubbed because nobody watched it.

How the fuck is that a snub?

It isn't but normies are screaming "SNUB!" so I'm calling it a snub.

Scorsese for best director
Goodman for best supporting actor
aaron taylor-johnson
Was Elle not put forward as france's selection?

I watched it

This. That doc is a fucking gem. It's like a top tier satire except everything is real.

Bloggers were expecting Deadpool to get a bunch of big nominations for whatever reason.

Amy Adams is the biggest snub.

It's not that they wouldn't acknowledge it for that reason (remember Mad Max last year) it's that 10 Cloverfield just got slightly higher than average critical praise. It was just an interesting little movie, it didn't blow anyone away. For a movie to be recognized by the academy despite not being released in the awards season, it has to be really fucking good.

Issei Ogata as best supporting actor

this, Sledgehammer is pure audiokino.

Are you a member?

Argument could be made for Driver and Tadanobu Asano too imo.