youtu.be/eQnHJwIabBU
youtu.be/cWrSw3X8TRs
youtu.be/VlORWhsJjNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sage

Tried to watch this, it's pretty accurate, including the gloves part

luckswing, divegrass, and floorsqueak are all absolutel shit

the pick off nonsense is 100% accurate.

Sucks that I really enjoy baseball as a sport, but given my team sucks (Oakland A's) and there are so many games that each one is irrelevant, it isn't worth putting up watching 3 hours of that boring crap

I watched probably over 120 games during 2012-2014 when the team was great but came out of it realizing how much time i wasted.

even baseball fans say a big reason they like the sport is they can have it on in the background not having to pay much attention to it. i dont get how people can watch any games that dont involve their team when each game is worth less than 1% of your season

This copypasta would be perfect if at the end, instead of saying "inning over", it said "there is now one out, and this process will repeat for at least two more batter this inning"

>floorsqueak
Is this meant to be basketball? You’re also wrong about divegrass, friend. I’d say only about 1/5 matches are boring

>getting mad at sports you don't watch

I doubt he’s mad, just bewildered that people waste their time watching boreswing

triggered lmao, cuck

>the only words in any given base/pol/ fan’s vocabulary

I'm happy that my pasta gets reposted sometimes. Godspeed, fellow boreball haters.

>he can't appreciate baseball

pleb

t. >LeJackson Devontus Washington

Friendly reminder that baseball is a dying sport of a dying generation and unless the MLB implements serious changes (less games per annum, pitching timers, etc.) the game is in serious jeopardy.

No data backs that.

nothing say "I don't care about a sport" like dedicating a whole thread to it. good job chucklefuck

>No data backs that
>graph shows mlb fans steadily declining
hmm

>1% net change over 16 years
k bud

The rate will only increase as more old people (i.e. baby boomers, now approaching their sixties and seventies) die off.

MLB has the highest attendance of any sport by far, the 2nd highest attendance by league is the japanese baseball league. It's easy to appreciate baseball when you've actually played, real baseball fans don't want any of these shitty changes that you propose. The game is perfect the way it is.

Baseball is the best designed team sport there is.

No clock. Comeback is always mathematically possible.

Ball doesn't change hands after a possession. This ensures constant tension, no matter the size of the lead. In football, if your team is up 4 touchdowns, the most your opponent can cut into the lead is 7/8 points on one possession. In baseball, a 6 run lead can vanish in one inning.

Ultimate team sport (even thought players don't "create" for another). Signing the best player in baseball means nothing. Sign the best player in basketball, you're guaranteed a playoff spot since it's so easy to build around a Lebron, Shaq, Duncan, etc. Sign a great QB, easy to build an offense around him.

No "hero" ball. Best batter gets roughly the same amount of ABs as the 8th and 9th hitters.

Only issues are things unrelated to baseball. Batters and pitchers taking too long, which can be easily fixed. You can't fix basketball and football's shitty designs. Drawing fouls will always be a legitimate strategy in basketball and the high scoring nature of the sport kills tension. Even when the game is the most tense (last 2 minutes), it's an unwatchable shitshow of intentional fouls and excessive timeouts.

Football's officiating is comically inconsistent. It's also another sport where bad refereeing changes the outcome all too often.

Soccer is just shitty. No real sport ends in a tie 30% of the time and has throwing yourself to the grass like you've just been shot as a legit tactic.

Baseball is a friend filter. If someone doesn’t like baseball and Blade Runner you’re allowed to murder them.

nice mental gymnastics. its dropped 7-8% since the start of the graph and the only times it rebounded it declined further shortly after.

The Indians game was great today.

>that shit image
>filename
fuck back off to reddit faggot

>M-Muh REEL bayssbaww fans!!

epic post

April-August baseball isn’t really that entertaining as a sport but it works on a different level, more like a ritual. Think of how many times some goofy injun did a rain dance before it ever worked or many miles some fool with a divining rod has walk before he finds water. Early baseball is boring as fuck but that boredom leads to bits of pure magic like cup stacking man or hotfoots. Few things will cheer up your day like seeing the reds getting btfo but some joker just stuck a cup on somebody’s hat! But mid-August through World Series baseball is as serious as a heart attack for a third of the league because baseball still has a good amount of parity so end of the year baseball allows for wiley meme underdogs and an inevitable collapse of a dominant team. Baseball gets real unpredictable when the weather changes too because most of the game is played under warm sunny skies and only when it matters most do the conditions change. best of all, every park is unique so those lame foul flies are heartbreaking in the end. No other sport can make the routine play seem so boring in May and so ridiculously tense in October. The structure of the game prevents parking the bus because there’s no clock and there’s no lame ass intentional fouling to stop the game for an advantage. Baseball is slow but it’s inevitable, like lava rolling down a hill. It will end but nobody knows how long it will take. You either love it or you hate it, but you gotta admit baseball is in a class all to it’s own when it comes to sport and it doesn’t make sense to try to compare to to timed sport. Best comparison would be golf or tennis. Comparing baseball to both footballs is inappropriate.

>muh boomers.

Baseball is not really the primary "boomer" sport. They made football into the behemoth it is today at the expense of baseball. Look at the popularity trends and see how how the NFL surpassed baseball in the 80's (when boomers were the key marketing demo in the US and when the Greatest Generation were aging/dying off).

Even so, baseball's fan interest has increased by 4% from 1993 to 2012.

news.gallup.com/poll/1696/baseball.aspx

Baseball/softball rank as the most participated youth sport in the country. Soccer, "the sport of the future," has actually seen larger declines.

And it's typically the most watched program of the night of on regional sports networks.

>not calling it povertyball or apehoop

Not really. The argument baseball haters use is that it's dying at the expense of more entertaining sports like basketball and soccer (lol).

You'll see on the graph that the NFL grew to number one at baseball's expense, while the NBA, Povertyball, etc have remained flat over the measured time period.

Basically, people just exchanged baseball for football as their number 1. Basketball, povertyball, hockey didn't benefit from that exodus.

Also, it's just measuring favorite sport. People watch their 2nd favorite sport, or so I've heard.

>Soccer, "the sport of the future,"
does anyone actually call it that? nobody here even considers soccer a sport, it's just a little kids game if even that. we have the big 4 and that's it.

>NASCAR is above basketball
holy shit

>average baseball highlights
>squirrel running around on the field
>people looking at their phones
>empty seats everywhere
>people building giant cup towers
>literally no actual game footage
>ball hitting a guy in the groin

nice """"""""""""""""""""sport"""""""""""""""""""""

>Football's officiating is comically inconsistent. It's also another sport where bad refereeing changes the outcome all too often.

A bad Umpire can also drastically fuck up a baseball game as well.

E!SPN is just shilling their own product, much like SEC football. If people actually gave a shit about cuckhoop the way they pretend, you would see basketball apparel everywhere. If you see someone wearing NBA apparel you usually just assume they're.

mlb.com/video/lindors-grand-slam/c-1860905083
woah....

They've been saying it since the 70's, when we imported Pele and the Cosmos were drawing 40,000 per game and 77,000 for playoff games (yeah, the Sounder/Atlanta FC phenomenon is nothing new).

In addition other arguments used are: Latinos are the youngest demo on average in the US, so they'll make the sport huge and hip.

All those young Gen-Xers and Millennials who grew up playing youth soccer will become lifelong fans.

The modern generation raised on technology wants a sport that is in constant motion (never mind the fact the past generations experienced technology that was more impactful than smartphones [cars, radio, tv, personal computers, etc).

>No real sport ends in a shitty tie

That'a the most ridiculous argument I've read yet. That's how you end up with 19 innings because the match has to end with a """winner""". Draws in soccer have demonstrated many times to have an impact in qualifications or deciding league champions. Liverpool drawing to Crystal Palace 3 - 3 to end their hope of winning the title was every bit as sweet as seeing them lose to Chelsea the game before. Argentina drawing with Peru 0-0 was more tense than boring because of the stakes Argentina has due to the danger of missing out entirely on the World Cup. There are some boring games in the sport, but draws are just as important as wins or losses.

>That's how you end up with 19 innings because the match has to end with a """winner""".

That's how any real sporting competition is played, Paco.

Ties in tennis? Nope. They play 10 hours if they have to.

Ties in golf? Volleyball? Basketball?

And they're rare enough in football, hockey, rugby, etc to not be that annoying. That soccer shit last night had three 0-0 ties in one day.

And then the way they solve that in knockout games is with some silly Mario Party mini-game.

Terrible sport.

Oh, and if you mention boxing. Wholeheartedly agree.

I don't care how tough and brutal it is, until the sport fixes its judging system (that results in shitty draws and undeserving winners and losers), it's not a sport. Just a bloody spectacle.

you could fix soccer by letting them all use their left hands only during first overtime then right hands only during second overtime. A tie after that switches to only hands, no kicking at all, you have to dribble the ball like a basketball and throw it in the goal. If the game is still tied after that, the teams take turns throwing darts at eachs others gentials until somebody forfeits or cries.

do you know how many games have gone 19 innings?

in povertyball the players at least stop playing after 90 minutes of 0-0. if its an important game they break the tie.
in luckswing the players and geriatrics think that 5 hours of OPs pic to break a 1-1 tie in a meaningless mid-may game is some how watchable.

Isn't the point of baseball to be an attendance game? Meaning something people take kids to the park for? You arent supposed to watch every single game

if you're going 1-1 for 5 hours there's probably been some insane plays to save it, and it'll end in a tense walk off or save. the last part of baseball games are the best, seeing how they manage the bullpen and the lineups.

boreball has also literally reached the point where the manager has pitchers warming up in the bullpen while the starting pitcher is still pitching to the first batter of the game. there is basically 5-10 minutes each inning of watching the catcher and the manager go out to talk to the pitcher and making pitching changes.

>in luckswing the players and geriatrics think that 5 hours of OPs pic to break a 1-1 tie in a meaningless mid-may game is some how watchable.

A 15 inning game played at a good pace is very watchable.

OP's problem is with player behavior, and I agree, stepping out of the box dicking around with your gloves, excessive mound meetings, pitchers taking long are issues that need to be (and will be) addressed.

It's against the spirit of baseball to take that long. Games used to take about 2 hours.

>boreball has also literally reached the point where the manager has pitchers warming up in the bullpen while the starting pitcher is still pitching to the first batter of the game.

That doesn't happen unless the starter is getting excessively shelled.

I thought soccer was povertyball

reminder that games used to take 2 hours

This is why I love mma

Fuck ton of hype, 30 minutes or less absolute display of explosive skill, multiple fights, every fight is different, skip the fights you don't care about, go home, have something to talk about till next fights

Baseball is like, hey did you see that home run about 2 hours into the game... "no" ... Oh, it was cool. "cool"

>MMA
>Did you see two guys roll around on the ground for 20 minutes?
>Go home and iron my Affliction shirts while pounding Monsters

>shelled by the first batter
yeah, it just doesn't happen at all unless he means it's the third time that guys up

>having to repost your own shitty thread in image form
Sad!

couldn't figure out to use your brain?

SEETHING

The worst sport is basketball.

>Back and forth scoring that feels meaningless
>Drive into the lane, throw your hands up, receive free scoring
>Do above 50 times
>Team scores a few. Time out to "stop the run."
>Return to game
>1 minute later, a TV timeout
>Other team hits a couple of 3s. Timeout to "stop the run"
>Return to game. Oh, TV timeout again.
>Key player gets in foul trouble grazing the arm of a player 80 feet away from the basket
>Last 2 minutes. Fasten your seat belts! It's crunch time. Oh boy
>Intentional foul, time out, TV timeout, intentional foul, time out. Player gets mauled attempting game winning shot. No call because the "refs don't want to decide the game." Yet that was a foul in the 2nd quarter.

There is literally no logical defense for endless first base pick off attempts. There is no logical defense for diving in divegrass. The fact you morons tolerate this bullshit is exactly why these sports will continue to be jokes. You have the power to change them and you actively choose not to because you're simpleton retards.

>a 15 innings 2-1 game
those are usually some of the best games, since even the smallest chance creates high tension, a pitcher coming out clean after having loaded bases with no outs is the best example of correctly handing the pressure, also baseball is the most opportunistic sport there is, a single can impact more in the score than a home run, capitalizing on your chances is the name of the game, there is a reason RISP is an important stat

>There is literally no logical defense for endless first base pick off attempts.

They're not as excessive as you morons make them out to be.

And there is a reason: They keep the runner close. If you limit them to one per inning or something, then a baserunner basically gets a free second base. It would also kill catchers throwing/attempting to throw out base stealers, which is an exciting play.

There's nothing wrong with the play.

Flopping in the NBA is a much bigger problem, not to mention the insipid tactic of endlessly intentionally fouling toward the end of games.

youtu.be/eQnHJwIabBU
it can end rallies, or even games, very important games

Not to mention limiting pickoff attempts or otherwise banning them would basically force teams to prioritize singles and walks since you'd be guaranteed a triple if you managed to reach first base.

Extra base hits, plays at the plate, double plays, tagging up from 1st and 2nd (which can turn a game around, see last year's game 7 in the WS) stolen bases, throwing out base stealers would all nearly vanish from the game.

All because some ADD fans don't want to watch the ball being thrown to first a few extra times per inning ;____;

Yeah. Never got the baseball hater's focus on pickoff attempts. On average, there's probably less than 10 per game.

As many have said, the biggest "pace issue" baseball has is batters playing with their gloves and pitchers taking longer than ever. Easy fixes if Manfred commits.

>hating the only good American sport

Based Austria.

I'll watch 100 hrs of a guy fixing gloves before i watch 1 second of some fool flopping around in soccer.

The only mexicans playing with grass should be gardeners

pretty fucking easy to have the highest attendance of any sport when each team has EIGHTY MOTHERFUCKING ONE home games

the averages though are worse than even Meme League Soccer, if I'm not mistaken

there is maybe one or two a game, and usually get booed by the crowd, it's a non-problem.

>few extra times per inning ;____;
not even

Baseball should be 5 innings and 60 games

Why is there no "delay of game" penalty in baseball? Jesus christ just pitch and swing already.

how would you punish a delay of game? you can't give free bases, neither free outs, both are too important to simply hand them like candy over a minor inconvenience for the viewers

both teams lose an inning

the only change I would have no problem with is limiting the number of pitcher changes through a regular game to 3 or 4, if the game goes to extra innings the limit is raised and you can do as many as you want, that would make the games shorter while also adding to the strategy, managers would have to use their resources wisely instead of wasting half an hour and a pitcher just to try to control a batter who might just hit a dinger on the 1st pitch and then change the pitcher again, also bring back home plate collisions

If batter is fucking around then he gets a strike, up to (robo) umps discretion.

Pitcher should have a generous pitch clock, take too long and it's a ball.

Jk im not fucking manfred. Managers should just tell their players to cut the crap

I thought as long as the catcher blocks the plate it's game on for collision

if you put a clock to the pitcher then you're adding unnecessary pressure, pitchers would be prone to commit more mistakes which traduce to longer innings, making the rule useless to it's original purpose because of how baseball's offense works, I don't get how Manfred wants shorter games while also wanting more runs, runs are what makes a game longer

the reason boreball and hanegg are so pupular in the USA is that for large parts of america the only entertainment available outside of the house are the Mall, the Cinema and the Stadium.
And at the Mall you gotta walk, at the Cinema you gotta stay quiet and only a few times a year there are good movies, while at the Stadium in boreball or handegg games you can spend hours eating, being as loud as you want and checking your phone or just sleeping.

what about hockey on ice?

>jumping and giving a double high-five

Are baseball player 13 year old girls?

American sports are all about socializing and being told when to shout "DEFENSE" or "LET'S GO [TEAM NAME], LET'S GO!", kiss cams on Jumbotrons, food breaks at home or in the stadium, looking at your phone, and going to the restroom/bathroom to piss. It is soulless and corporate. You can't even banter properly.

Americans don't like football and rugby cause you actually have to watch the sport. They come up with lame excuses like diving, ties, penalty kick shootouts, banter, and supporters chanting because it challenges their bluepilled mentallity that perhaps their """"""sports"""""" are soulless and corporate and thus boring that they pretend to enjoy them.

I'm sorry, would a kiss in the mouth like euro soccer players be more of your taste?

read "hitter" as "hitler" and was waiting for the punchline or WW2 parallels the whole way through
it was still not as disappointing as baseball though

terrible post desu

Not an argument

>that flag
>this post
Something doesn't add up here

>unnecessary pressure
>MAJOR LEAGUE

I'm not even gonna use football to prove the point, I will use basketball, which both Americans and Yuros like.

youtu.be/cWrSw3X8TRs

>All these people wanting the last good American sport to fail just so they can keep watching apehoop and the KneeFL

You forgot to turn on ur proxy, america hating liberal

youtu.be/VlORWhsJjNM

Ignore it, it's 16 year olds in Sup Forums.

Was at a baseball game in Miami, literally no fucking hype. Dead ass fucking silent, people on their phone or looking at the cheerleaders. Flocking close to edge of the field just to catch a fucking t-shirt from the cheerleaders.

Absolute shite.