You are now imagining a world where Manhunter was a huge success and won best picture and the acclaim of everyone...

You are now imagining a world where Manhunter was a huge success and won best picture and the acclaim of everyone instead of Silence of the Lambs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=djAhwNzf8Qs
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/61829168/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They miscast the serial killer.
Literally ruined the fucking film.

Cox was better then Hopkins.

You serious lad? Noonan was great. Brian Cox was a pretty good Hannibal too.

INA GODDA DA VITA HONAY

I don't understand why Mann scraped having noonan wear the tatoo of the painting on his chest, it looked fucking terrifying and he had to reshoot so much shit

yes yes, this is why his role is so well remembered and hoptkins' completely forgo-.. oh wait.

>imagining a world with such a huge mistake

No, thanks.

Childhood is idolising Hopkins, adulthood is realising Cox makes more sense.

Hopkins played a fucking caricature of a serial killer

I like them both.

DONCHA KNOW THAT I LURRVE YOOUU-HOO

the editing in the final shootout is one of the cringiest I've ever seen

Only because everyone and their mother has copied his performance since then.

Name 2 pieces of fiction where this kind of serial killer was prominent before SotL.

Pleb World?

Mann is one of the patrician directors alive. Neck yourself redditman.

Pleb filter 100% functional.

>The editing in the final shootout

What the fuck even happened?

Essential 80s kino.

Literally gonna watch it again right now, thanks OP.

>that music
>that set design

I thought Cox played a good Hannibal.

youtube.com/watch?v=djAhwNzf8Qs

So in this world everyone is more dimwitted and loves tiny shorts for men?

Get some rest Pam, you look tired

*BWWWWWWWRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

James Bond

I mean, yeah Mann's super in here and it's cool you like this film bc it's lesser known and it is very good, but it's not a great film, while Silence of the Lambs really is. Two titanic performances, exemplary director.

Why the "fart" sound effect ?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/61829168/

All I remember from this movie is the main character's hilarious angry monolouges about the killer and the poor editing in the super market scene where he was talking to the kid and you can tell they changed aisles between shots.

Overlooked and underrated movie.

I think I have to watch it again myself.

>its another "we're on a mediocre/shit timeline" episode

stop doing this

it hurts

I thought they filmed it, but it got cut.

I honestly prefer early Mann over his later stuff.

>tfw you dont live in a universe where star wars wasn't saved in editing and was ignored by general audiences who flocked to sorcerer instead
>Tfw lucas spends the next 30 years as a working director making those movies he always wanted to make
I don't want to live in this timeline anymore.

>That tunnel shot

Literally patrician

Big fan of the window shot myself

>window symbolizes a trap
>Lounds is the only character fully in the window, also next victim of Tooth Fairy
>photographer is lined up with the arc of the window, a symbol that The Tattler will be part of his death
>Crawford, the dark shadow in the foreground, unknowingly orchestrating Lounds's death.

KINOGRAPHY

Heat and Collateral are his best movies though.

>assigning false depth and meaning to innocuous shots to justify maymaying about a cheesy 80's flick
This meme needs to die.

>flick

Watch yer fuckin mouth mate

Manhunter is a good movie and the 2nd best lecter film, but you're out of your fucking mind if you think it's better than Silence of the Lambs

I can't deal with this fucking contrarian memer circlejerk anymore

Red Dragon is better than Manhunter. The only thing wrong with Red Dragon is Edward Norton's goofy commentary on details of the crimes.

Thats not how you spell "Thief" though.

>A brett ratner studio cash grab
>better than mann film
Wew lad

Just watch Doug Walker's analysis of it

Thief is really faking dated. It's still enjoyable, but a lot of it is laughable.
A lot of Mann's movies are garbage, and some of them are just flicks. Manhunter is a flick.
And why the fuck are you pretending Mann can't miss? He made fucking Black Hat, idiot.