THE VELVET UNDERGROUND AND NICO

Is it overrated?

Attached: download.jpg (160x160, 5K)

The album art is overrated but the actual music on it isn't.

very slightly, but its still excellent

To the masses, the album art is immediately recognizable but the songs are practically unknown.

It's one of the most influential piece of music ever recorded, how the hell could it be anything close to overrated ?

The Beatles were immensely influential, and a good 80% of this board spergs right the fuck out when you say they deserve their legacy.

Because 80% of this board doesn't know shit

Not really, the majority of people don't know any songs from it

not at all

my favourite rock'n'roll record; it hasn't been bettered in the genre

>Welcome to Sup Forums

In today's world I honestly don't really like this album. But when you consider the year it came out, maybe not.

It's really really great

yeah the most influential rock album of all time is overrated. yea, sure.

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

juejuejue e[B]ic mémé my guy! *tips fedora*
I'm going to tell all my good friends at Le9Gag™ about this fantastic Troll!

Attached: Bach2LeRebbit.jpg (717x880, 200K)

I FUCKING LOVE THIS LABUM A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A

Attached: 1512984513004.jpg (734x794, 78K)

Why do you get so assblasted over such an inoffensive joke?

This album is amazing, but i like their other work more. White Light/White Hear has much more rawness to it. And Loaded has more uniformly arranged melodies and instrumentation. The 4 albums as a whole are fantastic.

this if it were released today nobody would care. people on here would probably call it degenerate and edgy

A little yeah, still a fantastic album and extremely influential though

>assblasted
It's just stale, sport.

do better.

Attached: are_you_upset.jpg (400x342, 14K)

Not even they guy who posted it. I was just surprised you were so bothered over a dumb joke.

Yeah, it's overrated, but still a great album, nonetheless.