Remember that time when Homer's brother invented a device to communicate with toddlers...

Remember that time when Homer's brother invented a device to communicate with toddlers, and then it wasn't seen or mentioned ever again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Bag15jvLuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>expecting continuity in The Simpsons

This. I bet OP is one of those dorks who thinks aging the characters is a good idea and will save the show.

The problem is that the plot of the episode is retarded, and doesn't even feel like the Simpsons.

>expecting The Simpsons to have continuity

You know this is a show where hideous technologically-advanced aliens have shown up several times and nobody really cared, right?

the only episodes ive found interesting in the last decade-ish have been "future happening" episodes.
They've retrodden so much ground over the years and it could be what it needs to refresh it.
Maybe a single season spinoff? Be a chance to introduce some new characters too (even though they'd likely just be diverse/boring)

He had a speaking cameo about 20 years after that episode aired, apparently he's poor again.

Only in Halloween episodes, which aren't canon.

>he doesn't know

Is this the show where Bart has celebrated like 6 10th birthday parties but is still only 10?

I'm guessing not much past season 3 is continuity based.

It's not going to refresh anything. All the show's best writers and directors left a long time ago. Bart and Lisa being in high school isn't going to solve anything and the show is going to still be filled with lame jokes and cock-sucking pop culture references and celebrity cameos.

600th episode was terrible. Made no sense, was just a sequence of random film references.
Complete contrast to the 300th episode, that wasn't too bad.

Remember when a main character in Aqua Teen Hunger Force did x but it was never mentioned again? Jeez there's a concept called "continuity" get it together writers.

I think the problem is actually the showrunners.
Otherwise it would be hard to believe they weren't able to hire a single good writer in almost 20 years.

Remember the time it was revealed Seymour Skinner is actually a con man who stole the identity of a completely different person and isn't really called Seymour Skinner at all?

being fair the characters are pretty much aged up, at this point it'd make more sense with the current stories for bart and lisa to be around early teens, it'd also make the lisa getting a boyfriend stories less creepy.

>grampa is now a iraq war veteran

>Complete contrast to the 300th episode, that wasn't too bad.
i bet you were born after 1996

Remember that time when a crayon was lodged in Homer's brain that was preventing him from being a genius, and then it wasn't seen or mentioned ever again?

Remember when they said at the ending after sending the real Seymour tied in a train platform "and let's not talk about this ever again"?

Because he made Moe put the crayon there again.

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is a magic xylophone, or something? Ha ha, boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Reminder that Homer never ages, so a time will come where his childhood was at the same time as yours.

Currently he's 38 so born around 78 and his teenage years were spend playing Sega Genesis with his friend Barney in High school. (Barney used to have a Snes but sold it to buy beer)

I am fully expecting that to be something that actually happens with the newer episodes.

They are running out of ideas and that is really the only thing left to do once they run out of celebrities to dedicate episodes to.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Bag15jvLuk

I was the same age as Bart when the show started. In a few months I will be as old as Homer.

>Age them to the age they would be if they had aged since the series started
>Bart would be 38
>Constantly changing jobs
>Lisa would be a disgruntled house wife who constantly complains about how she expected more from her life but reality is a harsh mistress.
>Homer keeps trying to get early retirement with schemes
>Bart going to Ralph's Bar (purchased from Moe who had lots of debts so he still works there as a cheap waiter)
>He's there talking to his brother in law Millhouse, and Nelson and Martin.
>Fat Tony's son is now the crime boss

Then repeat most of the plots.

>so a time will come where his childhood was at the same time as yours.
Implying the show will last another 20 years.

Same here, feels bad man.

BoneStorm 4 life!

Never said it was comparable to the first 6 seasons.
But ep 300 was at least watchable compared to the 600th let along the last 100.

get back to reading marvel comics

>Fat Tony's son is now the crime boss
The cook?

The KILLER cook.