'La La Land' hits high note with 14 Oscar nominations

Will it sweep?

cnn.com/2017/01/24/entertainment/oscar-nominations-2017/index.html?sr=twCNN012417oscar-nominations-20170153PMVODtopLink&linkId=33718203

I hope it does, it was lovely

It was pure garbage and the oscars mean nothing.

Hopefully. Just to see the spergs on Sup Forums complain.

It was genuinely my favorite movie of the year.

I'm hoping it ends up like Lincoln and tanks.

It probably won't because Hollywood never misses and opportunity to fellate itself.

DIS

HONEST

FILM

MAKING

Of course it will. They nominated all those baboon flicks so Whitey McWhiteface the movie can sweep the sheets 14 times.

I mean Best Original Screenplay? FUCKING SERIOUSLY? Remember, this movie's main characters are named Sebastian Wilder and Mia Dolan. Best Costume Design? what design? THEY ALL WORE NORMAL CLOTHES.

Did you see those wingtips?

10/10 best costume ever.

So now it's contrarian to dislike a shit flick? What happened to your dignity Sup Forums?

Yeah but it's still garbage.

I want to see Hidden Figures win just for the epic meltdown

>a movie about Hollywood wins

WOW didn't see that coming

Honestly no matter what wins Sup Forums is going to complain.

No.

It won't win best actor, actress, sound editing or costume design.

It might win best original screenplay and cinematography.

It will probably win best score and production design.

It will definitely get best picture, director, editing and sound mixing.

Having two songs risks it chances of winning it. It's what happened to Dreamgirls.

I want to see it win only if they call it Hidden Fences, or Hidden Niggers.

Is there anything more obscene than Hollywood sucking its owning circumcised dick?

Who do you suppose sucks it then?

I always thought the plebs were there for that purpose.

You clearly weren't paying attention to the costumes at all. They start out extremely vibrant (Another Day Of Sun, Someone In The Crowd) the yellow dress/suit combo from Lovely Night is already iconic and the costumes get steadily more muted as the characters mature. A lot of attention was actually put into the costume choices.

>won't win actress or costume design
please
(will probably win cinematography too btw)

I liked the movie but I think it should've ended with them having eachother and being less obsessed over what they're doing as their job, Seb having a Jazz club but it having just started and Mia having promising auditoins ahead, but nothing more. The current ending felt off note to me.

It's the best movie of the year, but will the SJWs feel they have to give it to one of the black films?

>costume design should go to period movie only

>the most shilled film of the year has the most shill awards

hmmm you don't say

>sad ending so it appears deep

>oscar bait: the movie

oh shit the nominees are out? can't wait to see how my boys did