Where once we had blackface, we now have entire episodes devoted to BLM and evil whitey cops

Where once we had blackface, we now have entire episodes devoted to BLM and evil whitey cops

youtube.com/watch?v=10s5Ynxyfas

What went wrong Sup Forums?

they got rich and started using writers

a long, long time ago like after season 3 man.

Turns out you were the butthurt thinskinned nigger all along

New forced diversity writers.

You might be right, I could just be looking at the early seasons with rose colored glasses

It just seems they resisted the (((networks))) for so long, much longer than anyone else I can think of.

They cant even let us have 1 show, can they?

isn't at least 50% female writers now?

>hiring the gender that isn't funny to write a comedy show

and what you get is cucking and "le fuck white men am rite? XD"

FOr a fan film lethal weapon 5 had good make up

Yeah they fired most of their old writers for being white men.

idk but the last season (latest on netflix) is unwatchable because of how unfunny the show has become
makes me sad, the first couple seasons are amazing

>show has a joke about oblivious asshole characters wearing blackface, half are initially bothered by it but they succumb due to ego and stupidity
>"lmao they're racists just like me BASED!1"

>later has an episode about how these same people are still insensitive idiots that ends with a joke about a child being murdered
>"wtf they became sjws"

It's exactly the same show, you just can't spin the content to think it's pandering to your politics

The only episode of the past few seasons I've seen was the recent waterpark one. How did yoy guys feel about it?

I think what was wrong with it, and the series as a whole, is that every scene felt like a vignette. Charlie and Frank do a thing, Dee and Mac do a thing, and Dennis does a thing. In earlier episodes they'd play off of one another and interact, but here it seemed every character was isolated and we were just watching their funny personas play out with no real conclusion.

The 2 setups you described couldnt be more different

The show worked precisely because of their ego and stupidity. The joke wouldnt work if they were aware of how bad it looks.

It would be hard to make this latest episode any more different from the Lethal Weapon 5 bit. It was 30 minutes of the gang completely out of character, singing for some fucking reason, and consciously examining what jokes are acceptable. They mentioned BLM by name then proceeded to do a bit about white cops shooting black kids.

Its not even the same show anymore. Excusing it only shows our own bias. This is one of longest running shows ever, it was successful for doing the exact opposite of what weve seen over the past few seasons.

It has nothing to do with mine or your politics, its sacrificing their art for nutjobs who cant be pleased. The show will not survive in its current form.

Watch S12E3, it feels more like classic Sunny, all the characters are engaged in the same scheme. It also has the more subdued, creepy Dennis which is miles better than LE ANGRY SHOUTY GOLDEN GOD man, imo.

>It was 30 minutes of the gang completely out of character
That wasn't the gang though, it was Old Black Man's dream version of the gang.

>and consciously examining what jokes are acceptable
Don't you remember the end of the episode? When Old Black Man/Ziggy woke up and was dismayed at the fact that the Gang were still theirselves? It's clear that the dream version of the gang was his idealized version of them, which is why they were actually being conscious of what they do.

>The joke wouldnt work if they were aware of how bad it looks.
I distinctly recall half the gang being bothered by the blackface at first. Frank tries to defend by bringing up Olivier's Othello and Dennis objects. It's been a while since I've seen it but don't they all cave and do it because they don't want to be left out of the blackface? The ultimate joke is that they still do it despite initially not liking it, because they're assholes who only care about themselves.

I feel like you said a whole lot of nothing in the rest of that post. The BLM line was totally throwaway. I really didn't see anything politicized, unless you count the kid getting shot which I felt was just as "out there" as any other bit they've done. It wasn't too thematically focused, but what I got from it was that whatever negative shit you expected from black people the gang is just as guilty of (Dennis having priors, Charlie living a worse life than anything that social services woman had heard). It's a joke at the expense of the gang, just like so many other episodes.

The episode did not have heavy sjw tones. The whole time they were not sure if they were being discriminated against. Dennis admitted that it was sketchy and looked like they were breaking into his car. Then the cops letting them go when they find out who they are.

Am I the really the only who sees that as means to an end?

Old Black Man served no other purpose in the episode aside from allowing the racial setup, which fell flat. I suppose the joke itself comes down to subjective humor, it just didnt fit for me.

Ive watched this show religiously for years and its just not the same. These current issues bits feel incredibly forced and for the life of me I cant understand the rationale behind their decisions.

Western whites became soft and emasculated.

Your ancestors colonized the world, you're getting cucked by niggers, mexicans and muslims.

Youre the only one whos said anything about heavy sjw tones. Im confused by the direction of the show as a whole. This was an easy example to highlight.

>Dennis admitted that it was sketchy and looked like they were breaking into his car. Then the cops letting them go when they find out who they are.

Personally I felt as if that was a compromise. Almost as if theyre fighting for some semblance of what the show used to be. To not completely roll over to the writers if you will.

>The whole time they were not sure if they were being discriminated against
This. They say to effect "are we being discriminated against or are we just assholes?" After 12 seasons we should know what the show is trying to saying

>isn't at least 50% female writers now?
I hope everyone is ready for everyone on the cast to get GIRLFRIENDS WHO BECOME PART OF THE GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have just switched to pissing YOU off.
seems to be working.

so what are ya gonna do about it, big shot?

>The Gang Turn Black
>Written by Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton, and Rob McElhenney
>The Gang Makes Lethal Weapon 6
>Written by a couple of staff writers

Usually that is the point people try to bring up when they talk about the lives switching episode.

Anyone else feel that the episode would of been great if they did it all in blackface?

>Open the episode making fun of BLM for taking so long to realize that black lives matter
Sup Forums still hates it for some contrived bullshit reason

you mean that ep where except for the bridge dwelling Z, all the blak guys were white people?

This would work if it was kept uncertain, instead at the end of the episode they literally said "we learned our lesson" i.e. cops are evil and blacks are super oppressed you guize

He's going to post le funny Pepe frog on an imageboard and mutter "gas the kikes race war now" in his basement

Anyone else think blackface Dee is really hot?

>implying that they weren't using the blackface to accentuate how degenerate these characters are
>implying that cop violence is a SJW theme and should be never addressed

>What went wrong Sup Forums?
You became a triggered Trumpcuck? How am I supposed to know what's wrong with your brain?

Even in the blackface episode the joke was that the gang was racist and too stupid to realize it.

They didn't learn any lesson, that was the Old Man point of view on cop violence, wich is not out of character.
The gang instead at the end of the day proves to be still as racist as ever. They are concerned about racism only when, through their language, they create a stereotyped group (i.e. the gang refusing to call jews ''jews''), but, as they showed at the beginning of the episode, they are not concerned in the slightest about the actual position in society of black people. They just want to avoid the ''n word'' and avoid calling black people ''black'', but this is seen as a useless pursuit by the Old Black Man.
This is proven by the fact that in the Old Black Man dream the gang doesn't really know what being discriminated against really means, and launch themselves in ridicolous behaviours that just show how detatched are they from that reality.
It was a overall smart episode, and it didn't pander to any kind of audience not even for a second.

My 2 cents

HERE'S A THEORY:

the whole singing deal a metaphor for ghetto slang
They're all black and every once in a while, when they're talking to each other, they start talking in a ghetto-ish way, but since we're only seeing their white version the old black man uses a white stereotype of his time (musical movies in the '50s) to characterize them.

Does it make sense to you guys?

Or maybe it was just a Wiz joke.

I know, what I'm saying that old black people sees the concept of musical as an inherently white people thing, that's why he chooses to characterize their white counterpart with singing..
When the white gang sings we should imagine the black one going full ghetto on their language.

Wow its almost like every show like this that gets big and gets new writers turn to shit.

Some Examples: Dexter, South Park, Simpsons, The office

Am I the only person who thought it was funnier that they were black, but saw themselves as white? It made their confusion even better

The Gang Turns Black was a funny episode and its always nice when the gang sings.

Stop looking for something to be offended by

the main dudes wrote that episode though

>"DA WRITERS!"
>it was one of the few modern episodes that was actually still written by the guys

Why are white people so upset a cop shot a black kid in this episode? Sometimes you gotta shoot a black kid.

what do you expect from a closeted faggot who was raised by dyke mothers

The entire episode is basically black middle class problems. They're whitewashed from living in the suburbs and shit and can't tell if they're being discriminated against for their race or not