Real reasons why the NFL is struggling

a lot of people blame the current problems with the NFL on politics or CTE. but i don't believe these are the real problems. they are just convenient things to blame, but the real problems have more to do with 1. how they choose the locations for teams and 2. the quality of play

for the first point: there are probably too many NFL teams. i don't know why the league just assumes that people will be fans just because a team is there. TWO teams in LA? jacksonville? tampa bay? they just plop teams in with no history and it's boring. so many games are with teams that most people don't even care about or have any connection to. unlike college, which has built in dedicated fanbases, NFL teams dont have nearly the same connection

2. the quality of play. watching NFL football is often just really boring. yes, we KNOW these are the best of the best players, and yet, and yet, watching the games feels like you're watching ineptitude. it seems like every time you watch NFL games now, you see inept offenses, inept defenses. too many drives are sustained by penalties, too many games are won because a team shit the bed. the avearage NFL player is either really boring or really inept. it's amazing how the best professionals for football, and the most professional coaching staffs, put out a product that feels so mediocre. we all know college players aren't as good, and yet, college football somehow manages to look, at least at the higher levels, more skillful and filled with finesse. it's bizarre how NFL teams seem to play so poorly

Less and less people are watching tv, and the nfl is on tv...go figure

Location is part of it but don’t complain about Jacksonville. A team there or in Arlington makes more sense than in New York where half the people don’t watch sports and the other half watch another sport

>lack of good quarterbacks
>too many commercials
>refball with constant catch rule changes
>25 yard line kickoff
>30 something yard field goal

Goddell literally killed his product.

>it's the location and the quality of play guise I swear
>s-stop bring race into this

>give people one choice and one choice only
>expecting an accurate data set

Learn to data analysis, faggot.

This.

A lot of people have cut cable or just don't watch any TV at all. Others only watch TV online through streams.

Because there's only like 4 teams worth watching.

>the most professional coaching staffs

Coaching staffs like boring games. There's a reason why no offense uses hook and ladder plays unless they need to.

commercials are 80% of the reason not to watch NFL

This is why. After literally every single play you have to ask yourself "will it count? Was there holding? Did the QB get hit 0.000000000001 seconds too late?" These fucks literally decide the game, it wouldn't even surprise me if it was fixed like the NBA.

The 21% is surely the officiating (challenges, flags, etc). Why wouldn't that be a choice?

it's become sterile, boring, giant commercial.

Reviews on every turnover and touchdown was a mistake. The officiating is biased towards offenses so much now it's not even remotely exciting to see any big passes.

I don't understand this silly NFL is struggling narrative. The numbers are up considerably from last season despite what Breitbart and Sup Forums keep propagating

Sterile is exactly the word to describe it. It's why the college game is much better. The storylines are better, the games are more exciting, you can watch any style of football you prefer.

This. NFL Redzone or nothing. Commercials can get fucked

>The numbers are up considerably from last season despite what Breitbart and Sup Forums keep propagating
Keep larping Nigger. Ticket sales and tv ratings are down by a good amount.
Fuck Niggerball.

>one team per state
>introduce two divisions with the top 4 and bottom 4 promoted and relegated
>close the pats and cowboys franchises
I fixed it

>4 promoted and relegated

I don't know why you foreigners think that povertyball system can work for our sports.

In soccer, a shitty Sunday beer league team can compete with a professional team (DC United was in a dog fight with some no name beer league team from Baltimore or something who never practices). A beer league team would get decimated in football.

There's no possible way a bunch of lads from down the street are going to start up a club and move up the "ladder" without investments of millions and millions of dollars. Even the best college team would lose 50-0 against the worst NFL team.

>In soccer, a shitty Sunday beer league team can compete with a professional team

Ummm no sweetie.

>loses to iceland
You were saying?

>how they choose the locations for teams
>choose the locations
>they CHOOSE

Teams have been getting favorable calls since forever user. The biggest gripe with the 70's Steelers is they would get better calls this is nothing new. The only difference is back then you could murder a receiver and wouldn't get a 60 yard penalty.

>college more skillful and filled with finesse
>a level of competition where no one hits each other for real and games end 59 to 7 more often than not
Yeah dude, college is great, I love watching the same 4 teams in the play off every year and eventually can't wait to see saban get his 15th chip

Even if the NFL looks like shit from time to time, NOTHING is worse than college football where 90% of the schedule is fucking meaningless, and if you aren't a fan of one of the big programs you just hope your team gets to a bowl for their participation trophy

NFL is racist

People in Texas watch football anyway and the new york teams sell out their stadium

Shit like Lincoln City (what are they, div 3 or something in your system?) managed a QF run in the FA Cup beating a Premier team en route.

A Div III college football team would lose 200-0 to the worst NFL team.

Point is, there just wouldn't be enough talent to fill out scrub teams at the lower levels if the NFL had a pyramid system. And if any one team had talent, they would get instantly poached by an NFL team. Contracts would be useless here because no talented player would sign a multiyear deal with a "League 2" team.

Holy shit faggot who gives a fuck am I really supposed to find this interesting enough to read any of what you posted about?

>TWO teams in LA?
Because New York has 2 teams. To be fair the Rams belong in LA but St Louis also deserves a team.

>jacksonville? tampa bay?
Jacksonville is a weird one but Tampa has been their for almost 41 years and one a Super Bowl so yeah they have fans they've just been shit.

>Dude wears a Che Guevara shirt
>Che Guevara: a man who subjugated and killed many of his own countrymen
>"We need more people like him in the world."
Uh no sweetie

>Che Guevara
Che hated niggers.
niggers too stupid to realize that.
wew lads.

The real reason is that people are finally realising what a shit '''sport''' this is.

Not only that I cut my cable but would like to still watch redzone and am willing to pay for a streaming version but no they have a deal with the kike cable companies if you have no cable provider no redzone for you so they lose and I go on streaming sites.

allow an oldfag to school you whippersnappers

the mfl's decline began in the late 80s
> al davis updated the concept of movable franchises. Genuinely fanatical fanbases (Cleve & Balt) were thusly deprived of their traditional rooting interests
> plan b free agency not the birth control. Teams could not longer draft & keep young talent for long periods of time. Mercenary players do not inspire fan loyalty
>aggressive expansion of franchises & season into nontraditional markets & times; too much of a good thing
> technology Replays QB in helmet headsets (no more Jim Kelley kgun by feel offense)
>more scoring = more excitement and the absolute neutering of defenses
>constant rule changes & the forced downplay of special teams (fully 1/3rd of the game not 20 years ago)
> commercialization of product Not just tv, but also ballparks not named but naming rights sold. PSLs etc. Just extracting every last sheckel from the fans increasing fan apathy

And finally, millenials are just fuckin retarded. They have no attention span & require constant stimulation (muh phone nigga)
all current entertainment is dumbed down & sped up for the tendies in mommy's basement generation
SAD!

NFL by caving to the concussion lawyers and player association has too quick a trigger to pull players out of the game.
This along with no OTA's and cut back practice leads to a rash of hamstrings and other conditioning injuries.
So you get a constant stream of 2nd and 3rd stingers that suck but see plenty of game time.
The quality goes straight down the toilet.