At what age did you grow out of metal, Sup Forums?

at what age did you grow out of metal, Sup Forums?

Attached: ish.jpg (258x195, 13K)

that's when i started to listen to real music such as progressive rock, jazz and classical

18. It really is a phase for most people.

Never. I grew into metal at age 20.

never. i exclusively listen to 20+ min DSBM and power funeral death doom

that's kinda sad tho

You never grow out of metal, you just stop listening to entry level radio friendly trash like Godsmack and Avenged Sevenfold. You'll usually start to explore guitar oriented genres outside metal too, like prog, post hardcore, and noise rock.

14/15 i think

Why does it matter?

Never got into metal. Where should I start?

Attached: satan-04.jpg (1200x1200, 192K)

I'm asian.

>noise

>prog metal

Obscure and deeper level metal music is mediocre even compared to traditional metal.

I'm asian

I'm asian

I'm asian

when i started to watch anime

Attached: 1a.png (1280x720, 722K)

at least someone with taste itt

When I became asian
I'm asian

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Metallica - Metallica
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
Volbeat - The Strength/The Sound/The Songs
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Ghost - Meliora
Dream Theater - Images and Words
Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
System of a Down - Mezmerize
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Slipknot - Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
Mastodon - The Hunter

This is the most non-metalhead friendly stuff I know, later on you can move up.

Attached: rust in peace.jpg (1000x1000, 154K)

Never. ISIS and Neurosis are timeless. I'm 25 and they are still and will forever remain my favourite bands.

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica

If you like Sabbath check out doom and stoner metal, otherwise listen to more NWBHM bands, then push on into heavier thrash and other extreme genres.

16 probably, went on to some other shitty music like hardstyle or dubstep or whatever. Having been a fan of so many shitty genres really gives u a perspective of how cringy some subcultures can be.

bump

I'm asian

>23.3543696677655666556655564466455
same desu

I mean I stopped listening to heavy metal that had lyrics about demons and wizards pretty fast. Metal instrumentation can be used effectively to communicate actual feelings real people have, see: Jesu

Bathory's Viking Metal albums (I'd start with Hammerheart or the Nordland albums) are good if you're a "Muh Vocals" type person but still want something heavy. Then, if you like that, you can move on to Blood Fire Death, then his full on Black Thrash albums if you're ready for some more extreme stuff.

Never did m8

b8
sage and move on

i'm 22 and i'm just getting back into it

does op realize he is just making metal more popular on this board by posting this thread over and over again

Attached: megadeth-rust-peace-7c1efaee-7e9f-42d5-a6af-1f843a42a34d.jpg (920x920, 261K)

all I'm sayin is that City of Evil was a legit great album

Around 18 then I grew back around 22
I'm 26 rn

youre a fucking idiot

When I started drinking soylent, then I switched to real music like Mac Demarco!

Attached: soyboy.jpg (2104x1138, 193K)

At about 12 I realized that it wasn't 'badass', but was just angsty men singing about their angsty problems, and expecting us(the audience) to give a shit.

I can think of VERY few metal bands that "sing about their angsty problems". What kind of gay shit were you even listening to you poser?

Never grew out of it, have been into metal literally since I was a baby because my father was into it
Moved from entry level baby thrash like megadeth and metallica into entry level melodeath like dethklok and at the gates and dark tranquility in the fourth grade, got into black metal in 6th grade, got into doom and slam and more obscure experimental shit in 10th, now I'm a college sophomore and it's still all I fucking listen to pretty much
metal isn't a phase, it's an evolution. If you"grew out of it," that just means that you should have started looking for other bands instead of stagnating in entry level bullshit

Its a classic shitpost along the lines of the 'Does Sup Forums like death metal?' post

Not everyone grows out of metal, you know. It's not like that Linkin Park shit you'd hear in all those old Shadow the Hedgehog AMVs.

I'm listening to this for the first time right now and I'm fully on the metal train. Fuck everything else, this is the best shit ever

Attached: 757.jpg (600x600, 50K)