Just how bad is this?

Just how bad is this?

Pic related is my review of it, spoilers included.

>Pic related is my review of it, spoilers included.

It depends strongly on how attached you are to factors unrelated to film making or story telling quality such as Bruce killing or Superman being less then bright happy & cheery.
If you cool with things related to such that diverge from the comics then your all good you should like it. Its a fucking great well made film but retards can't look past the above.

Even with the ultimate cut its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

Very bad. Depressing and miserable with pretentious and lofty dialogue.

Civil War was bad but this is worse.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

legitimately the greatest superhero film of all time, don't listen to these redditors

>Plot holes?
Not one of note you fucking lying sack of human shit.

Horrible. My gf is a giant comic nerd and she calls it Holocaust 2: eletric boogaloo.

>It depends strongly on how attached you are to factors unrelated to film making or story telling quality

But the movie failed at even the most basic aspects of film making and story telling.

>She has the emotional range of a potato.
There was no point in the film that she needed to be fucking emotional you dumbass fuck.
>her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film
No it was more like a metal bit of Arabic music and it was fucking perfect.

I support this pasta

>How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.
But many of us want classic Superheroes with the grounding and realism of Watchmen you selfish fuck.

20 razzie noms bad

>There was no point in the film that she needed to be emotional

>hey this billionaire knows who I am and is planning something with this information
>completely blank expression

The editing of the theatrical cut sure, but the UC didn't fail at them in anyway.

Chopping off 30 minutes from the worldwide theatrical release was a big mistake. Director's Cut is fine, lamest part is probably the fight against Doomsday.

The extended cut just took a mess and made it into a bloated mess.

She was quite clearly concerned with her physical acting, she isn't a character who is prone to fits of panic.

But the UC wasn't messy in anyway.
The extra footage made everything fit together & flow perfectly well.

I'm not asking for hysterics, I'm asking for more than one facial expression.

She has the same look on her face when shes watching the justice league trailers as she does when she just stole shit from batman.

It's not bad. It's just too long and had horrid casting.

Feel free to elaborate on that.

You can't

They more clearly explained the African situation & such.
They added the scenes with Clark in Gotham explaining his intent against Batman and reasons for how he handles Batman later.
(The lady telling him words don't stop people like Batman, only force does)

It's just too long, if they just did Batman vs Superman and have them team up against Lex in a mech movie would be good and complete. Should have saved Doomsday and Wonderwoman for another movie because that's when the movie starts to drag and the movie becomes a complete mess of not knowing what the heck is going on. Casting for Lex Luthor should have been better and he should have been written better and not just a Joker rip off. Make the audience actually enjoy Lex and charismatic and not some insane, crazy man child.

My favourite superhero movie tbqh. I only saw Director's cut tho.

It's good, has a ton of flaws and WB forced too much stuff in it, but despite that it's still better than 99% of capeshit movies.

>t its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced
>all these words to say "it's shit because I don't like it"

Weirdly enough it makes you look dumber this way

It's pasta, though it probably was him that wrote it since it's just various opinions rather than actual criticism.

>its just too long

Literally as far as i got.
Stick to Transformers.

The slo-mo shell casing is supposed to mirror the cannon shot during supermans funeral. Look past your nose you dumb piece of shit.

I saw it in the theater, but was really drunk and don't remember all of it. Should I download and watch Ultimate, or just watch theatrical on HBO?

This thread lacks Snyder shills and DCucks

Really it's only problem is that it lacks imagination and spontaneity. The arrival of Superwoman, although expected is the only really part of the movie that sticks out to me.

The rest is so predictable. And what is meant to be exciting or cool about Superman walking through an old warehouse full of massive guns as he just breaks them one by one because he's fucking Superman.

The kryptonite weapons were kind of cool, but needlessly gaudy and not very Batman.

The Mary Jane part or what ever her name is, is fucking stupid. Like he suddenly feels a link to Superman because he knows someone of the same fucking name.

The pacing is slow and dull, it just meanders from weak looking action scene to scene.

The characters are like cardboard cutouts, no exposure of character motivations. Batman just seems to be beating and branding people because he feels like it.

If you read all this you're a fucking loser.

wat