Give me a break

give me a break

Attached: 4897.png (345x545, 85K)

What's the problem? That album's great.

This was inspired by Suicide's s/t. Literally the only patrician thing Boss has ever done.

this album is so fucking overrated
fuck this soy board and fuck pitchfork

It’s at least a 9/10 though. Poseurs will disagree

oh wow. its real

>being this mad

Attached: Screenshot_20180317-221640~2.png (1080x1307, 317K)

Why do you retards care about pitchfork so much?

he says as he posts in a pitchfork thread. don't kid yourself. you're in this with all of us, faggot.

I don't normally see eye to eye with P4K about anything but they're right.
Nebraska is more than just a great album. If you want to know why your dad calls him The Boss, skip past the fist pumping anthems and go straight to Nebraska. There's zero grandstanding here. Only deep sympathy for complex characters and understanding and maybe not forgiveness but a grudging respect. Now can P4K please go back to obsessing over flash-in-the-pan meme music please. Thanks.

Attached: nebraska-sleeve.jpg (768x768, 77K)

The thing with Pitchfork is, they don't review albums normally. The style of discussing how an album plays out, what songs are good and what songs just ultimately fail, and how it sounds just isn't all that goes into a Pitchfork album. They don't perceive the album presently, as in focus concretely on the aspects of the music. Rather, they look behind to other albums of the past and see how it relates to other albums of its genre, and also forward, foreseeing how the album will make an impact to music in the future. That's why their reviews revel in harshness and insensitivity; they actively pursue only the finest of music, the ones that will age perfectly with nary a qualm. People know this, and follow them because of their heavily grandiose evaluations of music.

>People know this, and follow them because of their heavily autistic evaluations of music.
FTFY

/thread

>kills myself 2 weeks later

out of all their shit reviews, this is the one you have gripes with?

As much as I dislike the typical Springsteen America Rawk anthems, this album is pretty amazing honestly.
Better than most of what's discussed on this board.

It's a pretty good album, actually.

Yeah, exactly.

Fun fact: This album is better than a good chunk of Sup Forumscore.

>I dislike the typical Springsteen America Rawk anthems
Why though? This album is not all that different from his other work.

this was a legendary bread

So we are finnaly going to have actual springsteen threads now?

Good, because this board has too fucking much rap meme posting.

Attached: bruce-springsteen-camp-nou-1-rockinchiclifestyle.jpg (930x620, 352K)

>appreciating dad rock
Disgusting

While the album is overrated, it's pretty much the least overrated Springsteen album and through the low standards of a music reviewing website, it is obviously a 10 (though it would be the only Springsteen album that is a 10)

Objectively though, it's held back from a 10 by some weaker songs but the strongest songs were top-tier 10/10 stuff, Johnny 99 is one of the greatest songs of all time

People have always loved Nebraska on here, but this website is pretty much antithetical to Springsteen's audience so it makes sense he doesn't get talked about much

pop rock with seinfeld bass

This is actually one of his more overrated albums, simply because of all the people who praise it for being so "different" than his typical rock albums (and who claim to dislike those albums). It tends to be the favorite Springsteen album of people who don't really like Springsteen.
It feels like a cliche to say, but Born to Run is clearly his best.

The thing is, the people who praise it are the minority, maybe historically things will change but its the younger generation that prefers Nebraska and the younger generation is not Springsteen's core audience or the ones who gave him all the acclaim that has led to him being a ridiculously lauded icon in Americuck culture

Born to Run is nowhere near his best, it's not even in the Top 5, easily his most overrated simply because it has the one classic song everyone likes and the title track

His typical albums get cheesy as fuck and Nebraska is one of his most cohesive early albums (now it's true he has later career albums that had great stylistic departures like Tom Joad and We Shall Overcome but nobody on this site will ever get that deep into his discography)

>
E St Shuffle is his best. Sup Forums would know this if it wasn't filled with plebs

>give me a break
You can give yourself one, that is if you stop visiting their website.

Love E Street Shuffle. It's tied with Darkness as my second favorite

They reviewed this just so they could give it a 10? Why though