Where did all the pre-2012 Sup Forums posters go?

where did all the pre-2012 Sup Forums posters go?

There are still a few of us left.
I got here in 2009. I wish I could leave this place for good but I always end up coming back.

Where now are the horse and the rider?

I went to Sup Forums on the other chan, comming back here once a month just to see how bad it gets. That's where you can find most of the oldfaggots, at least those that haven't given up on chanposting altogether.

I'm seeing the same reddi/tv/ memes there but with less posters

This. Very few though

I never left

Also we are in the late night cunny threads

>those super fun threads speculating about Cloverfield are never coming back.

>LOST is never coming back

>yfw Abatap

Sup Forums drove out all the originalfags on the entire

it's only r/thedonald redditors and rednecks now

Fuck off dipshit

bring back I

Sup Forums made this site mainstream, the originals are all still here, but there are so many newfags these days

Truth hurts doesn't it?

>triggered Sup Forumscuck shits himself

see what I mean

only people who weren't around for old Sup Forums would miss it

She probably killed herself
Idiot

Summer herself would need to make a comeback. That bitch has vanished.

You're mostly right, unfortunately. Plenty of redditchan crossposters. On a good day it's significantly less cancerous than this fucking board though. I honestly believe the average age here has gone from like 21 to about 16 in past 3-4 years.

you really have to be touched in the head to even remotely appreciate that uncastable aborted hobgblin

They followed the same cycle that everyone here does

>start off as newfag having fun with your ebin sekrit club
>honeymoon phase wares off, still browse frequently and enjoy the memes and shitposting
>eventually start to crave more intellectual discussion
>try to start serious threads multiple times
>each time the thread either 404s 2 replies or devolves into memes and shitposting
>become bored with Sup Forums but continue to mindlessly browse
>eventually start experimenting with other websites
>find yourself unironically browsing reddit
>realize that reddit offers the serious and intelligent discussion that you've been craving for so long
>start using Sup Forums less and less while using reddit more and more
>without even realizing it you eventually leave Sup Forums behind forever and move onto the next phase of your life

Triggered

What? Calling you an idiot is triggered? Seriously get help

They broke free user. This place is a shithole. You shouldn't want to stay here.

Yeah, you're clearly triggered. Let the tears flow cuck. You'll feel better.

If you didn't get the memo, pretty much the actual old film community part of Sup Forums made r/TrueFilm because of how plebby Sup Forums turned in 2011.

TF is pretty plebby nowadays, don't know where the old dogs went. Some use Letterboxd which is decent place.

Ok

Lmao look at this shill

Ive been on Sup Forums since maybe 2011, but rarely post anymore. I still love it here, just for entirely different reasons.

>SJW falseflags and real SJWs
>reddit and Twitter fags that spew retarded memes
>more underages
>Sup Forums twitter bait
>e celeb trash
>shitty mods
>shitskins that spam capeshit(also Twitter and Reddit)
The word 'kino'

Is Sup Forums finished

>No-one calling each other plebs
>No feet threads (thank god!)
>No film threads outside of cape shit
>No oval

Sup Forums has changed...

>realize that reddit offers the serious and intelligent discussion
Nice logical fallacy, kiddo.

I was just about to say I miss oval but this place doesn't feel anything like that anymore, I wouldn't want to see an oval thread here

I remember Abatap, am I an oldfag?

grampa thread gtfo

davey moved in with his bf and mr momsen is in prison last i heard

Bullshit, proof?

no

lurking in disgust

it's as if teenagers watched the newest season of south park and started idolizing gerald because they thought he validated their "trololololing"

the kids call it "rude trolling" now which is just twitch chat tier short unimaginative unironic meme bait posts to get a (You) because they're extremely attention starved. go to any easily accessible board (/ck/ for example). more than half the posters' response who disagree with the opinion of another is "kys cuck desu". now go to any popular twitch channel's chat and you'll see the same fucking thing.

as people have said in the thread already, the quality plummeted when /r/the_donald flooded this place (Sup Forums as a whole) and believed what Fox news said about this website to be true and if you didn't act in that specific way you won't fit in.

i'm not saying the quality hasn't been declining already but this site attracted a ton of new people because of the bane meme and the fappening.

this site has become a containment for unironic "intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor" that believe it's a sekret club that no one else knows about.

>tfw you missed all the other boards best years because you never left Sup Forums

I have a theory that the more stupid a board is the better memes they create.

That's not a theory, that's a fact

>Sup Forums
>dumb stupid board for losers
>loadsa memes

>/diy/
>on-topic, smart & skilled anons saying smart things to each other
>literally two memes ever

>normalfags

shit this image is old, the sjw/alt-meme millenial posters all call them normies now.

Sup Forums used to be really comfy deus. Idrk why I come here any more.

remember when normalfags was a term to refer to people who wanted to be socially well-adjusted while being anti-social themselves?

now you post anything social-media related and the frogs come out and reee.

2011 fag here
I only come here to post waifu pics a couple of times a week
Can't believe I'm saying this but Sup Forums is better for actual discussion than Sup Forums now

im still here

Sup Forums is worse than it was in 2011

there's at least 4 bump limited kpop threads. shitposters that go to the board because they really really really like lauren mayberry's music(or any of the other Sup Forums "waifus" where they never discuss the music and might as well be posting their thread on /s/).

i thought i'd never fucking say this but it was better when there were a lot of active tripfags. tripfags who uploaded bootlegged albums, started sharethreads (THERE ARE NO FUCKING SHARETHREADS EVER ANYMORE) from making the thread to bump limit and knew what the fuck they were talking about.

>>realize that reddit offers the serious and intelligent discussion that you've been craving for so long
>>realize that the system reddit is based on is rife with manipulation of the highest order, and intelligent discussion doesn't actually take place, just mass bot downvoting

>t.newfig

This. Why can't mods ban anyone who uses "cuck, kys, baka, etc". It would filter out new Fa

wikieat dot in

I like to think they're holding us responsible for the influx of new shitposters and it's our job to determine the quality of the website. When in reality a lot of people jumped ship already or only go to the boards where they actually stay on topic (Sup Forums is still the best board in terms of actually talking about their board specific subject and amount of posters).

I come only here once a day, sort by replies, and visit about 3-4 threads I find interesting.

Then I don't come back. I don't even post.

This place is 10x the traffic of pre-2011 Sup Forums. Infested with normalfags, Sup Forums immigrants of 2011/12 (big brother, survivor, etc), ledditors, Sup Forums crossposters, etc.

Also generals.

I'm glad it's garbage. I'm able to keep my memories of times where threads could stay for days and or weeks, and people had interesting threads about diverse topics. Now it's all forced dogshit and flavor of the month like Sup Forums became around 2010.

And I don't even want to remember Sup Forums and Sup Forums before 2009. Better times.

I'm still here, although I barely post anymore. I visit infinty-chan too but is not the same.

2010fag here. I was in high school when I started browsing, and getting called a pleb dozens of times in threads about non-narrative film, French New Wave, and Bergman genuinely pushed me to improve my knowledge of the medium.

Now everyone just circlejerks, samefags, or spouts terrible memes.

The only things that are the same seem to be waifu threads and Baneposting. I never thought I'd say it, but I almost miss the unmoderated cunny threads out of sheer sentimentality.

they are kill

2016 here, don't worry probably won't come here much longer. Was mostly here for Trump, but that's getting pretty boring now

Sup Forums died when LOST ended. And then it really died when abatap left.

R.I.P.

this

I'm still here, user. Have been on Sup Forums since 2006 and I'm starting to grow old :(

To be earnest, this place was a lot more fun before everything became about Trump and fascist politics

Most of us hang around places like KG and other auteur appreciation trackers

It was fucking garbage
>Glauposting
>everyone calling each other hipster
>abatap
>kaiji pedoing it up first with ASR and then Ryan Newman
B-but muh LOST threads!
Reminder that The Wire>LOST
All those mentally ill tripfags
>Paulson
>Woolsey
>Davey
>FireLo-

>B-BUT MUH BOARD CULTURE!
Glad someone said it.

still here...becoming bored though

If intelligent conversation means mindlessly talking about how great something is, without allowing debate or differing opinions, sure.

>30 years old
>Been here since I was 18

As much as I have to admit this site ruined all of my ambitions and goals, it gives you insights that few people will ever realise. The fact that every human on the planet is evil, and we're just a bunch of monkeys flying through space on an organic ship at 50,000 kmph.

>(THERE ARE NO FUCKING SHARETHREADS EVER ANYMORE
I still see them from time to time

came here at 2008. I was here during the golden age of Sup Forums the L O S T era, I miss those days.

i was here when the tripfags roamed free, Abatap, Kaiji, the taps.

how i miss those days ;_;

Anyone remember the Victorious threads?

That Christmas episode was nice.

Still here, unfortunately.

Been here since 2008.

2007 here

i want to die

I was a lurker back then does that count?

>lurker

this generation of faggots doesn't even know what this means nor even bother learning the board culture. yes user, it counts ;_;

I left Sup Forums like 2 years ago because I realized it was lost. still check the archive for albums and sharethreads from time to time tho

2010 here. I have been here long enough to unironically hate myself for staying here as opposed to using my longevity here as some sort of badge of honor.

Same.

Sup Forums changed a lot. For a while I stopped coming but I stop by more often lately.

i just come here to shitpost. my main boards are /fit/ and Sup Forums lift and be redpilled brah

Been here since 2013 and here I am thinking that the board changed a hella lot these 4 years. I cannot imagine what it was like before then.

I mostly lurk. Can't believe I'm saying this but it's just not the same without the crazy tripfags.

I miss green oval

I miss green oval streams
Ironically that was one of the biggest reasons Sup Forums died

>tfw literally watched your favorite and only home board die before your eyes

Only here until I off myself or when telekino stops airing

the stream chats were hilarious. i will never forget watching BB with Sup Forums bros, it was awesome. everyone was harping against the americans whenever a commercial came on

>r/thedonald redditors and rednecks now

That explains the lack of arthouse threads. In a couple of years nobody on this board will know of Godard or PT Anderson.

>BB
neo/tv/ scum from Sup Forums
fuck off

We all know what ruined Sup Forums and every other board over the last 2-3 years

Fucking Sup Forums and /new/ before that. Moot should've left that board nuked. Even back then he realized how fucking cancerous they are.

>Cry more.
Pretty iconic quite to be quite honest with you my friends.

Are cunnyposters oldfags or just new redditors?

lurking and hiding threads

WE HAVE TO GO BACK

dude, Sup Forums wouldn't have spread if moot didn't touch /new/. i was from /new/ the fuck kikes and fuck niggers hate wasn't that much back then the board was mostly news. when moot deleted the board the faggots then spread posting their shit and seeing how much reaction they got, continued doing so. add to the fact that zimzam trial (and now the election) got a lot of newfags trying to spread the newest meme across the site

>you will never be told 0/10 you're just butthurt again

fuck off fucking Sup Forums permavirgin shits trashing the beautiful board where i discussed film with Siberians and sometimes pedophiles.

cunnyposters are newfags. the old posters Kaiji in particular are real hard on pedos. they would describe how they fuck up their underage waifu actresses. if Kaiju was indeed arrested I'll be glad about it, that guy was really creepy