Way better than Manchester by the Sea

It's a shame Margaret is forgotten and Lonergan will be remembered only by Manchester.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7412858/Margaret.2011.Extended.Cut.DVDRip.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's hard to make that claim. I agree Margaret is excellent. That being said, memory is a slippery thing.

Have you watched the Extended Cut? I haven't yet.

I don't know, I think Manchester had a excessive use of music and some screenwriting vicious by Lonergan, as when the characters were not being able to understand themselves, problems on communication, dialogue not moving on.

It happened on Margaret and You Can Count on Me too, but in Manchester it was way over the top.

any pusy in this?

No, but you should watch it anyway.

>Have you watched the Extended Cut? I haven't yet.

The extended version has those over the top music cues that felt overwhelming but it was perfect.

meh, this was.him searching his.cinematic form, of.course you can bullshit.how.this is literally kenneths teenage as a director but manchester had such defined clear vision it beats this

I haven't seen Manchester by the Sea, so I can't compare them, but Margaret is very very good.

Manchester is my fave of 2016, and I still think Margaret surpasses it. I know there is a passionate Margaret fan base, but most people either never saw it or completely overlooked it. I consider it to be a top 10 film of the decade so far.

I did not care for Margaret. If Manchester is what he is remembered for, then for the better in my opinion. It was a truly wonderful movie.

> the characters were not being able to understand themselves, problems on communication, dialogue not moving on.

And I loved every second of that, and cannot even begin to imagine the masterful levels of acting and direction that took to convey such confusion. I could see why he used such excessive music, it had to be there just so the audience has some level of understanding of what the characters were going through.

Does the Extended cut even exist in good quality? I can only find DVDrips
>tfw public tracker cuck

It's a masterpiece, and it's already being remembered very well.

To follow up, how significant is the difference in quality as a film?

>And I loved every second of that, and cannot even begin to imagine the masterful levels of acting and direction that took to convey such confusion.

I liked some of it, unfortunately he pushed too far.

>Manchester is my fave of 2016, and I still think Margaret surpasses it.

same here

No, only DVDrips.

It is not incredibly significant but I definitely prefer the extended cut.

I'm not sure where it can be found online, I own it as a theatrical/extended cut package. There are a number of stunning sequences that are added to the extended and there are additional minutes given to shots of the city that I feel like are integral to the movie.

I agree with this guy Margaret may be my fave movie of all time. Manchester is a masterpiece and so is You Can Count On Me. Lonergan is one of the best American directors around.

Extended Cut for those looking for it:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/7412858/Margaret.2011.Extended.Cut.DVDRip.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

The extended cut only exists as a DVD. It wasn't released as a blu-ray. The theatrical was released as a blu-ray but the extended has not been.

After all the shit with Margaret, I'm glad Lonergan had the opportunity to put out another film, even if I suspected that it would be more conventional just to assuage any investors. At any rate, with all these Oscar kudos pouring in, I think his film career's back on track and I hope he can experiment more in the future.

Who should be the next actor to star in a Lonergan film?

I'm pretty sure you can rent/stream the extended edition on Amazon for a few bucks. In fact, I plan to do that soon.

I thought Manchester by the Sea was pretty shit and the only reason people here like it is they can relate to being an autistic alcoholic loner who burns there kids to death for some beer.

Same here. He reined it in and produced something great anyway. Todd Haynes did something similar with Carol last year and after a long absence before Carol he is now immediately making another film because of that movie's reception and relatively healthy box office.

It doesn't seem to matter who Lonergan works with, his films have allowed for some of the best performances of the last decade and a half.

>can't spell "their"
>criticizes a good movie

shocker

The movie feels like reading a story and really sucks you in. Pretty engaging, there's a main drama or thriller even going on about the bus driver who killed the woman at the beggining but there's also plenty of enthralling subplots including about the personal life of the MC and also the appearances of characters with completely interesting backgrounds interwoven with the main storyline in the borders but never quite leaving their supporting roles. So it's pretty much a sprawling epic in form of character drama. Well arranged and written. Acting was okay. Good movie.

is there any young woman have sex in this film?
i cant watch young woman have sex because i have not and i get jealous
i am so pathetic please forgive me

Yes.